Ronin0352's Log

Well, I figure I’ll start a log here since the site where I have been keeping it is getting pretty dead. First, a little about me:
37 years old
5’ 10"
~300 lbs
Started training in mid-2008 after recovering surgery on a torn rotator cuff from ju-jutsu/MMA training. Bench sucks & OH is not so hot, but it’s actually due to issues with the other shoulder.

All-time PR’s
Squat - 575
DL - 605
Bench - 341
Strict Press - 225
Push Press/Push Jerk - 315

Current 1RM
Squat - 565
DL - 585
Bench - Don’t know, get pain doing even 225
OH - Same as bench, the strength is there, but it hurts like hell

For a while I worked only the main lifts and from what I’ve read it seems to be mainly due to muscular imbalance in the shoulders. I’m working to fix that.

I’m currently doing my own version of the Hepburn Singles Method. Any advice, criticism, or other input is welcome & encouraged from all.

10/02/2010 Saturday

Squat
135 x 5
225 x 5
315 x 1
405 x 1
495 x 1
565 x 1 x 7

Unilateral Pull Downs
90 x 12/12
115 x 5/5 x 2

External Shoulder Rotations (Machine)
#5 x 25/25
#6 x 20/20 x 2
#7 x 20/20

welcome… I feel for ya on the shoulder issue(s)… been going through the same thing, with both shoulders. training is looking good though…

welcome

Some serious weights being put up. Welcome.

Yeah, you’re strong.

I’m coming back from cuff surgery so I feel your pain.

I’m in a slightly different weight class than you.

Thanks for the warm welcome. My training is sporadic at times because of my work schedule, but I think choosing this place for my log was a good idea.

Welcome here! Are you reading any of Eric Cressy’s stuff on shoulder rehab? He has helped me allot with my shoulder issues…

10/06/2010 Wednesday

DL
225 x 5
315 x 3
405 x 1
495 x 1 (All DOH grip)
575 x 1 x 4

Good Mornings
275 x 8
305 x 8
325 x 8

I’m changing gyms. This gym is such a waste of perfectly good space. Tons of machines, 2 worn out cheap crappy barbells, a cheap power rack, and a sorry excuse for a bench. If it was a cheap setup for a home gym, I’d make due (though I wouldn’t have bought such cheap bars) It’s certainly not worth driving an hour one way and paying monthly dues for though. The new gym I’m going to join is about 7-8 miles further away, in a different direction, but they have better equipment and will allow me to use chalk

Those are crazy GM weights. Where in Colorado do you live? An hour drive one way for a gym? Wow.

I actually live in Denver right now, but I’m working on a rig in Utah. When I’m home I train mostly at the Rocky Mountain Lifting Club which is the best gym I’ve ever stepped foot in. Out here I’m in the middle of nowhere so I have to drive in to either Vernal or Roosevelt to get to a gym. That’s why I said above that my training is a little sporadic when I’m working.

Hey, once, way back when, I trained at that gym, maybe 1990 or thereabouts. Then had some o-lifters there so it was set up pretty good for me. Those are some big numbers you are putting up.

Yeah, it’s a great gym. They have an Oly room, a PL room, some strongman implements, and more weight plates than anywhere I’ve ever been. They also have an owner who’s held the IPF world master’s SHW bench record twice

[quote]ronin0352 wrote:
I actually live in Denver right now, but I’m working on a rig in Utah. When I’m home I train mostly at the Rocky Mountain Lifting Club which is the best gym I’ve ever stepped foot in. Out here I’m in the middle of nowhere so I have to drive in to either Vernal or Roosevelt to get to a gym. That’s why I said above that my training is a little sporadic when I’m working. [/quote]

Umm . . . I think we’ve talked before . . . and competed at the same meet. I’m the little one who doesn’t lift much weight. Ring a bell?

I was wondering if that was you. How ya been?

[center]10/12/2010 Tuesday
Squats[/center]

225 x 5 x 2
315 x 1
405 x 1
495 x 1 (Rehband knee sleeves/ no belt to here)
Felt really good so I decided to push a little
585 x 1 (Knee wraps & belt from here)
605 x 1
615 x 1 (40-lb all time PR for me)

Wow. That’s a huge squat. Great PR.

Here’s today’s video…I think.

OK, the video disappeared. What did I do wrong?

[quote]ronin0352 wrote:
Here’s today’s video…I think. [/quote]

Helluva PR!!