Ronaldo7 is Bulking

Ok, I been wasting my time for too long now and saying I will gain some muscle but always seem to drop-off because of different reasons. I won’t state why here because I don’t want any negativity in this log. I had a log before which I will post the link to for more information on what I’m talking about.

I’ll be posting what my training and diet will look like. Next week will be the start of everything. I WILL DELETE MY ACCOUNT FROM T-Nation AND NEVER POST AGAIN IF I DON’T LIVE UP TO MY WORD(not that too many care but I love posting on here).

I appreciate any type of comments, tips, expriences and critique . I hope some of you stop by once in a while to say “wuz gud”.

old log
http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/blog_sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding_log/logfighting_binge_eating

good luck. looking forward to following your progress.

Training:

Monday:

Bench press:
5x6-12

Incline press:
5x6-12

DB press:
3x6-12

10 sets of triceps
Tuesday:

Dead-lifts:
5x6-12

DB Pull-over:
3x6-12

Cable rows:
5x8-12

Cable Pull-down:
4x6-12

Wed: Off (cardio)

Thursday:

Barbell Shoulder press:
5x6-12

DB Shrugs:
5x6-12

Barbell Shoulder press:
3x6-12

8 sets of Biceps

Friday:

Squats:
5x6-12

Bench press:
5x6-12

Incline press:
5x6-12

Saturday:

Dead-lifts:
5x6-12

DB Pull-over:
3x6-12

Cable rows:
5x8-12

Cable Pulldown:
4x6-12

Sunday:Off (cardio)

this might look a little complex but I want to set a few rules because I seem to forget and fall off track…anyways I’m doing this for a good reason so here it is.

DIET:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Foods:(for the most part…)

Protein:

STEAK
GROUND BEEF
EGG BEATERS
BEACON
fat free cream cheese
fat free cheese
HOOD WHITE MILK
HOOD CHOCOLATE MILK

Fats:

OLIVE OIL
PEANUT BUTTER
PEANUTS
gouda cheese

Carbs:

OATMEAL
TOMATOES
ONIONS
BEANS
BROWN RICE
FROZEN VEGGIE MIX
BANANA
APPLE
WHOLE WHEAT TORTILLAS
honey
ezekiel
low carb bread
simple carbs: bagels, white rice, white bread(for AM and POSTWORKOUT only)

RULES:

*at least 200g of protein

*Carbs anytime of the day on training days

*“off days” carbs in the AM only an NO SIMPLE CARBS

*not counting veggies such as tomatoes, onions or green veggies.

THE DEFENITION OF A CHEAT MEAL WILL BE:

*a mix of SIMPLE CARBS+FAT

*simple carbs(bagels, white rice, white bread e.t.c) taken any other time other than the AM or post-workout.

*Eating out without knowing the macro-breakdown.

*7 cheat meals per WEEK

*2 “off days” a MONTH in which I don’t have to measure or count my macros but still will eat clean for the most part. This is mostly for special occasions such as birthdays and holiday parties e.t.c.

[quote]hypnotoad wrote:
good luck. looking forward to following your progress.[/quote]

Thanks man.

DAY 1

starting weight:169.6 lbs

waist: 32"

Am I to understand you don’t combine carbs and fat apart from cheat meals? If so… why?

Good luck, anyway.

[quote]Nikiforos wrote:
Am I to understand you don’t combine carbs and fat apart from cheat meals? If so… why?

Good luck, anyway.[/quote]
Funny you mention that as I actually changed my mind this morning and will be deleting that part off “the rules”. Cheat meals will actually be considered SIMPLE CARBS+FAT and training days will most likely be carbs during the whole day and not just the AM/PRE AND POST-WORKOUT as long as there is protein in that meal.

DAY 1

Traning:

It went well consideting the fact that I’m having a hard time sleeping. I still gave it my all and had a good chest work-out.

I also biked for 14 miles in the AM

Diet:

I ate ALOT and by that I mean 5000+ calories. My goal is to gain muscle so it can’t hurt.

meal 1:

oatmeal
small bagel
Metabolic Drive

meal 2:

gouda cheese
peanuts

meal3:

2 peanut butter sandwiches
1 banana
2 cups of hood low carn chocolate milk

meal 4:

2 steak tortilla with fat free cheese

meal5:

1 banana
Metabolic Drive
fiber-sure

post-workout drink:

gatorade
whey protein

meal 6:

oatmeal
2 steak tortillas with lowfat cheese
1 banana
1 cup low carb chocolate milk

I had a peanut butter sanwich later with milk.

oh did all that food made me work the toilet today.

5000 calories at 169lbs could be a problem if you do it too often. Maybe measure your waist every couple of weeks, set yourself a realistic limit.

What’s with all the low-fat dairy? Kind of takes all the fun out of dairy doesn’t it?

[quote]DragnCarry wrote:
5000 calories at 169lbs could be a problem if you do it too often. Maybe measure your waist every couple of weeks, set yourself a realistic limit.

What’s with all the low-fat dairy? Kind of takes all the fun out of dairy doesn’t it?[/quote]

Truthfully I don’t see me maintaining 5000 calories per day EVERYDAY. The first few days I’m expecting to be eating alot as my calories were low along with the carbs. I’m going to start drinking more protein shakes with fruit for a few meals to slow down on the calories thoe.

DAY 2

Today I did some Dead-Lifts:

warm-up:

100x12
120x12
160x12

working-sets:

190x12
210x12
210x12
230x10
230x9
230x10

then I did some pull-overs, cable rows and some pull downs. good session but the only thing is that my grip needs to get stronger because I know I can dead-lift more but my grip just gives up.

DIET:

meal 1:

oatmeal
protein shake

meal 2:

1 banana

meal 3:

2 tortillas with egg beaters, fat free cheese and beacon

meal 4:

2 cups low carb chocolate milk
1 banana

meal 5:

oatmeal with peanut butter(DELICIOUS!!!)
1 banana

meal 6:(more like a snack)

peanut butter
2 cups of milk
1 banana

post-workout:

gatorade
whey protein

meal 7:

oatmeal
1 steak tortilla with low fat cheese
1.5 cup of low carb chocolate milk

I ate a little less today. Close to 5000 calories again. Tomorrow is and off day so I will be going on my bike ride and eating low carb shooting for about 2700 calories.

Today is going to be the last day I’m going to eat like this. Thursday I won’t go over 3500 calories.

[quote]ronaldo7 wrote:
DAY 2

Today I did some Dead-Lifts:

warm-up:

100x12
120x12
160x12

working-sets:

190x12
210x12
210x12
230x10
230x9
230x10

then I did some pull-overs, cable rows and some pull downs. good session but the only thing is that my grip needs to get stronger because I know I can dead-lift more but my grip just gives up.

DIET:

I ate a little less today. Close to 5000 calories again. Tomorrow is and off day so I will be going on my bike ride and eating low carb shooting for about 2700 calories.

Today is going to be the last day I’m going to eat like this. Thursday I won’t go over 3500 calories.
[/quote]

Why such high reps and sets on the deadlift? And why the hell are you cutting your calories in half on your off days?

[quote]Dabba wrote:

Why such high reps and sets on the deadlift? And why the hell are you cutting your calories in half on your off days?

[/quote]

My grip sucks so going heavier can take away from good form.

I wrote about the calories before, I’m not really cutting my intake in half because I wasn’t suppost to be eating 5000 calories a day in the first place :P. My calorie intake for training days should be no more than 3500 so thats an 800 calorie cut on off-days.

[quote]ronaldo7 wrote:
Dabba wrote:

I wrote about the calories before, I’m not really cutting my intake in half because I wasn’t suppost to be eating 5000 calories a day in the first place :P. My calorie intake for training days should be no more than 3500 so thats an 800 calorie cut on off-days.[/quote]

I see. Perhaps grip training is in order? Going for such high reps and sets on deads is a recipe for injury IMO. I know I couldn’t maintain form for 10+ reps and all those sets on this specific lift.

[quote]Dabba wrote:
ronaldo7 wrote:
Dabba wrote:

I wrote about the calories before, I’m not really cutting my intake in half because I wasn’t suppost to be eating 5000 calories a day in the first place :P. My calorie intake for training days should be no more than 3500 so thats an 800 calorie cut on off-days.

I see. Perhaps grip training is in order? Going for such high reps and sets on deads is a recipe for injury IMO. I know I couldn’t maintain form for 10+ reps and all those sets on this specific lift. [/quote]

You are right about the form as today I had a slight pain in my back. What is a good set and rep range for deads including the warm-ups?