Ronald Reagan: the Truth

[quote]K2000 wrote:
John S. wrote:
It was Reagan’s tax policies that caused the greatest expansion in history. How anyone can deny this is mind blowing.

Then why didn’t Reagan’s tax policies continue to work under George HW Bush? Do you think the economy can turn on a dime, just because tax rates are raised incrementally? Are you seriously going to claim that Reagan is responsible for the economy under Clinton, but not the bad economy under George HW Bush? All that great trickle down just jump-skipped over Poppy Bush’s four years, and then picked up again under Clinton? Your position doesn’t make any sense.

[/quote]

Really?

It is completely impossible that capital formation actually takes time and therefore a few years before you can kick start an economy?

Could not happen.

It is not like real people need time to save, them invest and finally consume, oh no, it all happens instantly.

[quote]K2000 wrote:

Post WW2 we had a MASSIVE economic expansion that lasted for basically two decades, yet tax rates on the wealthy were MUCH higher then, than they are now. Lets see you explain that… because that should basically be impossible, according to your ideology. According to you, high taxes strangle the economy. You simply cannot explain the post WW2 boom, and still have your tax philosophy hold water. And tax rates on the wealthy are at an absurdly all-time low level now, historically speaking. So how come our economy has been in decline for the past 10 years? The economy started stalling in the 70s, so this is nothing new.

Trickle-down simply does not stimulate the economy like you wish it would. It mainly shifts the tax burden from the wealthy onto the middle class. The wealthy do not spend that money, they invest it, which creates a weak economic stimulus effect, at the very most. And please, no bullshit about how that money is theirs and ‘they earned it’… Wages are being taxed at a much higher rate than investments which is clearly unfair in my opinion. The tax system is heavily tilted to favor the wealthy.
[/quote]

Well WWII post with all the high taxes was still better than fascism under FDR and a ware economy.

Plus, after WWII guess what happened?

A massive tax cut.

So the direction they took was the same and the reaction of the economy was similar.

[quote]denv23 wrote:
pittbulll wrote:
tom63 wrote:
Works like this lads. Tax cuts caused the largest peace time expansion of out economy ever. Revenues were greatly increased, even with, gasp, lower tax rates. We spent much needed money on our military after that fool of a peanut farmer.

We did not control spending. Both rich and poor people go broke. See M.C Hammer for example. Spend to much. Ramsey on TV and the radio will first get you to control spending to achieve financial freedom.

Spending on worthless things like welfare. we have spent trillions on this and have done nothing to reduce poverty Because poverty is caused by people being lazy and stupid.

Then there was the Department of Education, another fool thing started by Carter. I personally think people are dumber now then ever and lookie here, a federal cabinet now to make education better. You know, i don’t see any thing in that PITA Constitution thing about education. Maybe it was supposed to be , I don’t know, a local thing?

In 1982 Ronald Reagan started the Grace Commission which found over 2000 ways to reduce government spending, none were put in place. Here’s the report : http://www.uhuh.com/taxstuff/gracecom.htm

I know this was years before fools like Beowolf were born, but give a little learning a chance. Like there was a Democratic Congress that did nothing to stop the spending. Like there was no line item veto, and such.

Reagan’s tax cuts made u money for the Treasury. His military buildup helped to break the Soviets and made us strong. Funny how those hostages were on a plane the moment he was sworn in and that fool couldn’t do anything for 444 days.

And his recommendations to cut spending WERE NEVER FOLLOWED. By a primarily Democratic Congress.

I’m done guys, have at it.

I think it is fair to say we cut taxes until the system fell apart,

As far as The Iranian situation, He worked the release out in advance, all it says is he was in bed with Iran,

Russia fell because they did what we have done, they over extended themselves financially although it did happen while Reagan was in office

Poverty is caused by many factors, lack of education is one, and lack of opportunity is another,

I think it is not that people are less educated; I think they have a better opportunity to tell everyone how dumb they are by using the internet

The only people who (think they) lack opportunity in this country are the ones who believe and rely on the entitlement bullshit you and your ilk force feed them.[/quote]

I am glad you are objective:)