Ron Paul Wins RLC Straw Poll

[quote]TooHuman wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]John S. wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]Gaius Octavius wrote:
ZEB, if Ron Paul wins in Ames, would that mean anything?[/quote]

Paul is never going to win anywhere he can’t stuff the ballot box by bussing in large amounts of gullible 20 something’s.

[/quote]

And yet without those votes the GOP has no chance of winning.[/quote]

That’s why, as I’ve said repeatedly in the past, the republican nominee whomever he or she may be, makes it known that Ron Paul will have a high level cabinet post.[/quote]
How about the next FED chairman? Then Ron Paul could force the Congress and President to balance the budget immediately. Given a republican President and Republican Congress that would probably mean that military spending would be the last to get cut.
That would be satisfactory to your limited government but strong defense position wouldn’t it Zeb? Or am I getting you wrong?[/quote]

No, I think you are getting me right. But, I don’t recommend balancing the budget over night. Unless you want to see the stock market crash, and other important makrets take a tumble. Set a specific date in the near future and make sure it is adhered to.

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

Why is Zeb the “loudest” poster in any Ron Paul thread that pops up?[/quote]

And one of the only ones who actually makes sense.[/quote]

It’s just conjecture.

I can do it too.

Tim Pawlenty, Mitt Romney, and Michelle Bachmann cannot win.

See? I am brilliant.[/quote]

You’re also wrong. And if you’d like I’ll save this post because one of those two people could very well become the next President, albeit unlikely. Whereas Ron Paul will never, ever become President of these United States – NOT EVER! Now when I’m right will you be telling me how right I was? No, not likely we don’t do that around here do we?

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

It’s just conjecture.

I can do it too.

You’re also wrong. And if you’d like I’ll save this post because one of those two people could very well become the next President, albeit unlikely. Whereas Ron Paul will never, ever become President of these United States – NOT EVER! Now when I’m right will you be telling me how right I was? No, not likely we don’t do that around here do we?[/quote]

Again, its just conjecture. You don’t know the future.

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

It’s just conjecture.

I can do it too.

You’re also wrong. And if you’d like I’ll save this post because one of those two people could very well become the next President, albeit unlikely. Whereas Ron Paul will never, ever become President of these United States – NOT EVER! Now when I’m right will you be telling me how right I was? No, not likely we don’t do that around here do we?[/quote]

Again, its just conjecture. You don’t know the future.[/quote]

Like that had to be pointed out? That was actually pretty funny. I make a “bold” claim that your man will never become President and your best retort is “you don’t know the future.”

Thank you.

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]John S. wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

Paul is never going to win anywhere he can’t stuff the ballot box by bussing in large amounts of gullible 20 something’s.

[/quote]

That’s why, as I’ve said repeatedly in the past, the republican nominee whomever he or she may be, makes it known that Ron Paul will have a high level cabinet post.[/quote]

That won’t work either, because we all know that they will just give him the spot then never listen to him.

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

It’s just conjecture.

I can do it too.

If you are wrong and Ron Paul gets elected can you never post in PWI ever again?

[quote]brnforce wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

It’s just conjecture.

I can do it too.

If you are wrong and Ron Paul gets elected can you never post in PWI ever again? [/quote]

I’d be glad to agree to that, of course it wouldn’t be fair to have a one sided bet. If Ron Paul loses then you and the rest of the gullible Paul fans never post again.

[quote]John S. wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]John S. wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[/quote]

That won’t work either, because we all know that they will just give him the spot then never listen to him. [/quote]

Two reasons why you’re wrong (again), the first is that sort of thing would make the President look bad. Secondly, how long do you think Paul would stay in such a position if his views were not being implemented?

Come on John, this really is the only way your man gets any real power cause he aint doin it on his own Bub!

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]John S. wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]John S. wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[/quote]

That won’t work either, because we all know that they will just give him the spot then never listen to him. [/quote]

Two reasons why you’re wrong (again), the first is that sort of thing would make the President look bad. Secondly, how long do you think Paul would stay in such a position if his views were not being implemented?

Come on John, this really is the only way your man gets any real power cause he aint doin it on his own Bub![/quote]

I must admit that the idea of Ron Paul as the secretary of the treasury makes me all giddy, if only for the expected lulz factor.

It would also put his best known quality to good use: Saying no.

Congress would hear “can you show me where that is written in the constitution?” so often, they might actually read it.

I couldn’t see him being a cabinet member of any establishment president.

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]brnforce wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

It’s just conjecture.

I can do it too.

If you are wrong and Ron Paul gets elected can you never post in PWI ever again? [/quote]

I’d be glad to agree to that, of course it wouldn’t be fair to have a one sided bet. If Ron Paul loses then you and the rest of the gullible Paul fans never post again.[/quote]

That’s hardly a fair bet either. The Paulites aren’t saying he’ll be the president fo sho or anything of the sort. They merely think that he stands a fair chance. It’s hardly fair that you win if any other candidate wins but the Paulites only win if Paul wins. So how about if Paul wins, you never post here again and on the flipside if Paul fails to at least triple his support from '08, meaning getting 105+ delegates, the Paulites stop posting here? That seems to be a much more reasonable bet, especially considering how vocal you’ve been about your opinion that Paul won’t even match the 35 delegates he gathered in '08.

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]John S. wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]John S. wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[/quote]

Come on John, this really is the only way your man gets any real power cause he aint doin it on his own Bub![/quote]

I must admit that the idea of Ron Paul as the secretary of the treasury makes me all giddy…[/quote]

Does it send a chill up your leg?

I couldn’t see him being a cabinet member of any establishment president.[/quote]

“Establishment President” LOL

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]brnforce wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

It’s just conjecture.

I can do it too.

I’d be glad to agree to that, of course it wouldn’t be fair to have a one sided bet. If Ron Paul loses then you and the rest of the gullible Paul fans never post again.[/quote]

That’s hardly a fair bet either. The Paulites aren’t saying he’ll be the president fo sho or anything of the sort. They merely think that he stands a fair chance. It’s hardly fair that you win if any other candidate wins but the Paulites only win if Paul wins. So how about if Paul wins, you never post here again and on the flipside if Paul fails to at least triple his support from '08, meaning getting 105+ delegates, the Paulites stop posting here? That seems to be a much more reasonable bet, especially considering how vocal you’ve been about your opinion that Paul won’t even match the 35 delegates he gathered in '08.[/quote]

That not only isn’t fair, it’s laughable. And it speaks directly to what I’ve been saying about Paul since day one. You guys deep down know that he’s not winning. If he loses by a little less than he did last time out you think that’s good? Will you throw a party and start chanting “Paul in 16?” And if so who will wheel him out to kick off his campaign?

You guys are funny and this statement is perhaps the most hilarious, and telling of all.

[quote]ZEB wrote:

It’s just conjecture.

I can do it too.

I have to agree , you are brilliant

[quote]John S. wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]John S. wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[/quote]

Drug Czar :slight_smile:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]brnforce wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

It’s just conjecture.

I can do it too.

That’s hardly a fair bet either. The Paulites aren’t saying he’ll be the president fo sho or anything of the sort. They merely think that he stands a fair chance. It’s hardly fair that you win if any other candidate wins but the Paulites only win if Paul wins. So how about if Paul wins, you never post here again and on the flipside if Paul fails to at least triple his support from '08, meaning getting 105+ delegates, the Paulites stop posting here? That seems to be a much more reasonable bet, especially considering how vocal you’ve been about your opinion that Paul won’t even match the 35 delegates he gathered in '08.[/quote]

That not only isn’t fair, it’s laughable. And it speaks directly to what I’ve been saying about Paul since day one. You guys deep down know that he’s not winning. If he loses by a little less than he did last time out you think that’s good? Will you throw a party and start chanting “Paul in 16?” And if so who will wheel him out to kick off his campaign?

You guys are funny and this statement is perhaps the most hilarious, and telling of all.

[/quote]

You are pathetic ZEB.

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]brnforce wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

It’s just conjecture.

I can do it too.

[/quote]

You are pathetic ZEB.[/quote]

You’re a 20 year old foreigner who is pulling for a near 80 year old Congressman to become the next US President. And you call me pathetic?

Try to grasp a big cup full of reality and drink it right down while you still can junior.

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]brnforce wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

It’s just conjecture.

I can do it too.

[/quote]

You should really just take the bet. Give me a reason why you wouldn’t.

[quote]ZEB wrote:

I couldn’t see him being a cabinet member of any establishment president.[/quote]

“Establishment President” LOL[/quote]

You know, the one’s that are entitled as the “front runner” candidates when they don’t actually have any support at all.