Romo's Book & Fertile Eggs?

I was reading the book "Romo: My life on the edge", (A book about Bill Romanowski) and he talks about eating fertile eggs. I was wondering can you even get fertile eggs easily, and if so are they any better for you then say a non fertile egg? His reasoning was they were alive and I dunno, he's a nut, but it sounds good. 

Also has anyone ever heard of Minh Mang, some kind of herb? Not that I’m really interested in taking minh mang and eating baby chickens but I’m curious if anyone has heard of this. The book is full of things he took like foods and supplements and workouts he used to get an edge on the competition.

[quote]GreenTerror79 wrote:
I was reading the book “Romo: My life on the edge”, (A book about Bill Romanowski) and he talks about eating fertile eggs. I was wondering can you even get fertile eggs easily [/quote]

If there is a Whole Foods near you, you should be able to get fertile eggs. I am not sure about the nutritional advantage of them. I am sure you could research this using google.

I dont eat fertilized eggs anymore for one reason. I can’t stand the taste.
It’s not that different of a taste from regular eggs but different enough to make them disagreeable to my palate.

[quote]entheogens wrote:
GreenTerror79 wrote:
I was reading the book “Romo: My life on the edge”, (A book about Bill Romanowski) and he talks about eating fertile eggs. I was wondering can you even get fertile eggs easily

If there is a Whole Foods near you, you should be able to get fertile eggs. I am not sure about the nutritional advantage of them. I am sure you could research this using google.

It’s not that different of a taste from regular eggs but different enough to make them disagreeable to my palate.

[/quote]

Gironda suggests fertile eggs in his “blueprint for a bodybuilder” as well.

What exactly is a “fertile” egg? Is that just like saying organic? Anybody who knows feel free to pipe up.

[quote]greekdawg wrote:
entheogens wrote:
GreenTerror79 wrote:
I was reading the book “Romo: My life on the edge”, (A book about Bill Romanowski) and he talks about eating fertile eggs. I was wondering can you even get fertile eggs easily

What exactly is a “fertile” egg? Is that just like saying organic? Anybody who knows feel free to pipe up.[/quote]

Fertile as in able to birth, to have a chicken.

Not to appetizing but I guess Ive eaten worse

Phill

[quote]Phill wrote:
greekdawg wrote:
entheogens wrote:

What exactly is a “fertile” egg? Is that just like saying organic? Anybody who knows feel free to pipe up.

Fertile as in able to birth, to have a chicken.

Not to appetizing but I guess Ive eaten worse

Phill[/quote]

So what is the difference? You can really tell that much? I mean doesn’t it taste like an egg?

I’ve never knowingly eaten one but the conventional wisdom is that there is no proven difference in nutritional value between fertile and non fertilized eggs

I’d hate to crack one open and see a little beak and little wings and stuff. That would definitely kill my appetite.

I read Romo: My Life on the Edge, that was a great book. That guy is nuts but what a competitor. I think he is a lot more honest about the “real world of the NFL” than some of the other ex-player’s books.

I taught in China and they would crack eggs open and there would be these little embrios inside.

I watching, gagging as my Chinese’s hosts scarfed them down.

What really tripped me out was the American teachers also eating them.

I couldn’t eat for the rest of my trip in china. I was in a contant gag state. They say it’s amazing what you will eat when you are starving.

But my impulse was to stop eating. Either I could die or get the F out of China. So I got out.

The difference is that in a fertilized egg there is an embryo using up the food reserves and producing waste inside the egg. In an unfertilized egg there isn’t.

[quote]tveddy wrote:
The difference is that in a fertilized egg there is an embryo using up the food reserves and producing waste inside the egg. In an unfertilized egg there isn’t.[/quote]

Ok, so that’s why it tasted sort of bad. I was eating chicken shit.

[quote]entheogens wrote:
tveddy wrote:
The difference is that in a fertilized egg there is an embryo using up the food reserves and producing waste inside the egg. In an unfertilized egg there isn’t.

[/quote]

Seriously? So a “fertile” egg, has a living embryo inside, a baby chicken?

[quote]entheogens wrote:
tveddy wrote:

[/quote]

actually it would be more like piss. Chickens don’t shit till they eat. but the uric acid that they produce would be closer to the urea of a human.

I think I’ll stick with unfertile eggs, and just eat chicken the way I’ve been. No point in combining the two IMO.

DJ