T Nation

Romo vs Eli

I actually heard the discussion when it happened on Sirius and this has caused some interesting discussion

lol, yeah ok. Romo has some moment of flair I’ll give him that, then he also has moments of piss poor play

Howd I know you would bring this up…Toomer is a dick. While there stats are comparable in the reg season, until Romo does something in the playoffs should their be a valid comparison.

Josh Freeman

Romo just doesn’t produce. I can’t really measure how much of that is him sucking and how much is the whole Cowboy franchise under performing (it’s hard for a QB to do well with lousy protection and bad receivers).

[quote]MattyXL wrote:
Howd I know you would bring this up…Toomer is a dick. While there stats are comparable in the reg season, until Romo does something in the playoffs should their be a valid comparison.[/quote]

Lol Matty I have been listening to Toomer he is not being a dick really.

[quote]Ct. Rockula wrote:
Josh Freeman[/quote]

Who?

Does Tampa still have a team?

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]MattyXL wrote:
Howd I know you would bring this up…Toomer is a dick. While there stats are comparable in the reg season, until Romo does something in the playoffs should their be a valid comparison.[/quote]

Lol Matty I have been listening to Toomer he is not being a dick really. [/quote]

Whats your opinion

Josh Freeman[/quote]

He better do something this year because sucked a big vampire dick last year!

[quote]MattyXL wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]MattyXL wrote:

Lol Matty I have been listening to Toomer he is not being a dick really. [/quote]

Whats your opinion[/quote]

I am not a guy who always praises or kills the QBs. There are in my eyes 2 Elite QBs in this league period Peyton and Brady could be put on a totally shit team and get you wins.

This is a team game. If you switched these guys put Romo with that run game and defense of the Giants he would have two rings also in my eyes. Dallas has had no run game or Defense for 4 years now.

[quote]MattyXL wrote:

Josh Freeman[/quote]

He better do something this year because sucked a big vampire dick last year![/quote]

Matty I am fucking dying for the season to start.

Giants running game was pretty shitty last year. I am as you know a Romo fan and gets villified way too much, but to say that Romo would have 2 rings isnt being fair to Eli and his performance in the playoffs. That being said I do believe they are of equal talent level which is amazing when you think Romo wasnt even drafted (he wasnt drafted right?)

Me too dude, the fall in general my favorite time of year, the weather and the sports most of all

[quote]MattyXL wrote:
Giants running game was pretty shitty last year. I am as you know a Romo fan and gets villified way too much, but to say that Romo would have 2 rings isnt being fair to Eli and his performance in the playoffs. That being said I do believe they are of equal talent level which is amazing when you think Romo wasnt even drafted (he wasnt drafted right?)[/quote]

Eli has been clutch in the playoffs and not taking it away from Eli.

Do you think Eli can shine cause he knows that his D can save his ass? Plus do you think Romo has to try to over come his poor D by taking chances?.

We spoke about this last year and in my eyes these guys are equal.

[quote]MattyXL wrote:
Me too dude, the fall in general my favorite time of year, the weather and the sports most of all[/quote]

I watch this every Monday and it kills me that theres nothing sports related to watch for another 3 months. (No,I have no intrest in the Olympics)

^ so if we get an all Texas Super Bowl can we give everyone the finger and just have it San Antonio?

Thats would be fucking sweet and with the way the Texans are looking,its VERY possible. We just got to get your Cowboys together,man.

Hahahahahahahahahaha

I just want a top 10 defense that would be a good start, and can we get Shaub to play 16 games

Texans D wasn’t bad–after Schaub went out I think it scored almost as many touchdowns as the O line did!

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]MattyXL wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]MattyXL wrote:

Whats your opinion[/quote]

I am not a guy who always praises or kills the QBs. There are in my eyes 2 Elite QBs in this league period Peyton and Brady could be put on a totally shit team and get you wins.

This is a team game. If you switched these guys put Romo with that run game and defense of the Giants he would have two rings also in my eyes. Dallas has had no run game or Defense for 4 years now. [/quote]

There’s four elite quarterbacks in the league; Brady, Breeze, Rogers and Eli Manning. Pretty much in that order but I wouldn’t argue if someone wanted to flip-flop Breeze and Rogers. Peyton is no longer an elite quarterback until he proves he still is. I have a bad neck and I know I couldn’t take one NFL sack. My neck isn’t so bad that I’ve needed anything fused or surgery of any kind. If he shines week 3 thru week 8 we can bring him back into the discussion. Until then he’s an old guy who’s been out of the league for over a year and has a bad neck.

Romo is a good quarterback but no, with Romo the Giants don’t win it last year… they don’t beat the niners to get to the Super Bowl. Eli made the difference in that game and he’s much better than Romo.