Romney 2012?

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
Sorry guys, you are confusing charisma and polish with intelligence.

Palin made the fatal mistake early of trying to answer bad questions, she turned it around in the debate but she has a habit of talking too much. Obama doesn’t even bother. He just spouts his prepared talking points.

[/quote]

Wow. Did you watch the VP debate?! Palin gave the most glaring example of ignoring the questions anyone has ever seen. And you want to talk about reciting talking points?! The reason the Tina Fey sketches him home is because Palin almost exclusively spoke in cliches and talking points.

Bush Doctrine my ass. Those questions had no answers. There is no “Bush Doctrine” claiming it is pre-emptive war isas silly as claiming it is giving 40 billion dollars to Africa. It was a terrible question, she should have asked the bitch to clarify but instead her nerves got the best of her. Palin is not dumb but she was very flustered.

[/quote]

There is a Bush Doctrine, it was articulated in his speech at West Point, it is about preventive (not preemptive, big difference) war. Even if you want to try to be clever like that hack Charles Krauthammer and argue that there are multiple Bush Doctrines, the other answer is about democratizing the Middle East to end terrorism. Palin clearly had no idea what the question meant.

I don’t see how anyone could consider McCain a moron. I don’t think he is a genius and I disagree with him in too many areas but he holds his own against any of the others.

Frankly none of them are extraordinarily bright. A bit smarter than the average Joe is all.

[quote]GDollars37 wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
Sorry guys, you are confusing charisma and polish with intelligence.

Palin made the fatal mistake early of trying to answer bad questions, she turned it around in the debate but she has a habit of talking too much. Obama doesn’t even bother. He just spouts his prepared talking points.

Wow. Did you watch the VP debate?! Palin gave the most glaring example of ignoring the questions anyone has ever seen. And you want to talk about reciting talking points?! The reason the Tina Fey sketches him home is because Palin almost exclusively spoke in cliches and talking points.[/quote]

Yes, she learned her lesson and took a page out of Obama’s book. I notice Biden didn’t answer the questions either but for some reason that is ignored.

I don’t see how anyone could consider McCain a moron. I don’t think he is a genius and I disagree with him in too many areas but he holds his own against any of the others.

Frankly none of them are extraordinarily bright. A bit smarter than the average Joe is all.[/quote]

You disqualified yourself from judging how smart anyone is when you said Palin was qualified for office.

You’re like a guy offering restaurant advice while eating a big bowl of shit.

[quote]GDollars37 wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
Bush Doctrine my ass. Those questions had no answers. There is no “Bush Doctrine” claiming it is pre-emptive war isas silly as claiming it is giving 40 billion dollars to Africa. It was a terrible question, she should have asked the bitch to clarify but instead her nerves got the best of her. Palin is not dumb but she was very flustered.

There is a Bush Doctrine, it was articulated in his speech at West Point, it is about preventive (not preemptive, big difference) war. Even if you want to try to be clever like that hack Charles Krauthammer and argue that there are multiple Bush Doctrines, the other answer is about democratizing the Middle East to end terrorism. Palin clearly had no idea what the question meant.[/quote]

He also gave a speech about giving aid to Africa, he has given more than any other world leader ever. That is the Bush Doctrine.

Bad question and a flustered Palin does not mean she is dumb.

I think you guys let the talking heads form your opinions way too often.

Zap, come on, man. I like you. I REALLY do. But you’re just being rock-headed ridiculous right now, and I think you know it. (At least, you should). Even a lot – a LOT – of well-known conservatives have come out and said they couldn’t support the ticket because Sarah Palin is such an embarrassment of a nomination because she is completely and utterly unqualified and incapable of the job of (possibly) President.

You’re banging your head against a well here.

It’s OK! Let her go, Zap! Just let her go!

:slight_smile:

GDollars37 wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:

There is a Bush Doctrine, it was articulated in his speech at West Point, it is about preventive (not preemptive, big difference) war. Even if you want to try to be clever like that hack Charles Krauthammer and argue that there are multiple Bush Doctrines, the other answer is about democratizing the Middle East to end terrorism. Palin clearly had no idea what the question meant.

He also gave a speech about giving aid to Africa, he has given more than any other world leader ever. That is the Bush Doctrine.

I think you guys let the talking heads form your opinions way too often.[/quote]

[quote]pookie wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:

Frankly none of them are extraordinarily bright. A bit smarter than the average Joe is all.

You disqualified yourself from judging how smart anyone is when you said Palin was qualified for office.

You’re like a guy offering restaurant advice while eating a big bowl of shit. [/quote]

I think she is as qualified as the empty suit that was just elected president.

The bar is set pretty fucking low.

[quote]Damici wrote:
Zap, come on, man. I like you. I REALLY do. But you’re just being rock-headed ridiculous right now, and I think you know it. (At least, you should). Even a lot – a LOT – of well-known conservatives have come out and said they couldn’t support the ticket because Sarah Palin is such an embarrassment of a nomination because she is completely and utterly unqualified and incapable of the job of (possibly) President.

You’re banging your head against a well here.

It’s OK! Let her go, Zap! Just let her go!

:slight_smile:

Zap Branigan wrote:
GDollars37 wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:

I think you guys let the talking heads form your opinions way too often.

[/quote]

Hey, she wasn’t my choice but the arguments about qualifications don’t hold up when she is compared to the guy that just won the election.

Too many conservatives in this cycle expected perfection and forgot this is always a choice between the lesser of two evils.

[quote]Damici wrote:

As for recent morons nominated (or gotten into office) by the Repubs:

– VP Dan Quayle (who, as I mentioned earlier, then had NO shot at being nominated for President after that because he was a moron).[/quote]

He was Bush’s running mate. We did not nominate him. He was not a moron. In fact, he was quite intelligent - and a staunch conservative. Bush was going to lose the Presidency as soon as he went back on his word about not raising taxes. His running mate had no play in the outcome of the election.

In fact - Bush-Qualye won IN SPITE OF Benson’s ass raping Quayle in the VP Debate.

Non-sequitur. No one was going to beat Clinton, and everyone knew it.

But unmoronic enough to beat the best the left could put up against him. Twice. His only failing was to abandon the conservatives and allow the congress to spend like a bunch of drunk crack whores. Not a moron.

Moron? No fucking way. Unprepared? Undoubtedly. She will be back. Much to the dislike of those who think giving good soundbites makes a capable leader.

He is the biggest moron of anyone you have listed. Nowhere near a conservative. Anti-1st amendment, and pretty much a huge moderate pussy.

Then you need to rethink what you said in your last post. The Republicans have a 40 year track record of winning presidential elections. Just because you were not old enough to piss in a commode during all but the Bush years is hardly a reason to discount them.

Rapidly changing? How so? Because there was a 10% swing in the vote from 4 years ago?

Reagan winning 49 of 50 states was a rapid change. The Republicans taking control in 1994 was a rapid swing. This was the country being tired of Bush.

Like I said - your rhetoric is misplaced.

The only reason we are not still in the Reagan ear is because the republicans are no longer conservative. They have no vision. And they can’t fucking stand by their word.

But you would have to have been alive back then to know what I am talking about.

Yes, I am elite. I am smarter, more well informed and wiser than the overwhelming majority of people. I am also more physically fit and better looking.

So what?[/quote]

Zap…is that you on the left in the avatar ?

Just having fun !!! Yours was a funny response !

Was that pic taken at the Crayola factory, and if so, did you stop by Cabelas ?

I gotta get back up there.

[quote]therover wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
Yes, I am elite. I am smarter, more well informed and wiser than the overwhelming majority of people. I am also more physically fit and better looking.

So what?

Zap…is that you on the left in the avatar ?

Just having fun !!! Yours was a funny response !

Was that pic taken at the Crayola factory, and if so, did you stop by Cabelas ?

I gotta get back up there.
[/quote]

That is from the Crayola Factory and I did stop at Cabelas. That place is awesome.

I am not sure who that ugly douchebag is though…

Nice country up there. When I go to Cabelas, I buy too much stuff !

Rainjack, please TRY to focus here.

BTW, I’m not sure why on earth you have the impression that I haven’t been around enough to remember the Bush I or Reagan years, but I take it as a sincere form of flattery. I’m always told I look young for my age. I try to work out, eat right . . . ya’ know. :wink:

– Dan Quayle is an unequivocal moron. So much so that the moron label stuck, and when he thought – for about 12 seconds – of running for President himself in 1996, he was able to round up the support of all of about 3 people in the party. THAT’S what I was talking about with Quayle. No one would support him because he was a moron and the whole country knew he was a moron. The same is now true of Sarah Palin. As for Quayle being a conservative, that’s another issue entirely, and he very well was a conservative – unfortunately he was of the preachiest of preachy breed of conservative, as he’s the moron who first started talking most loudly about “family values” in politics. Fucking moron.

– You cannot HONESTLY sit there and in all seriousness try to tell me that even YOU think that Sarah Palin is not only NOT a moron, but of the ideal intellectual capability that we would require of someone to be PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES. You’re sitting there saying “She is NOT a moron! She is NOT a moron!” Meanwhile you’re being presented with verbatim quotes, video clips and debates in which SHE PROVED WITHOUT A DOUBT THAT she’s a FUCKING MORON!!

Don’t just sit there shouting “She’s not a moron!” SHOW me something that PROVES that she’s somehow intelligent – and not just intelligent, but intelligent enough to be PRESIDENT (i.e. of ideal intelligence)!

SHOW me something that proves that her illustrating, in answer to Katie Couric’s very straight question, that she has NO comprehension of, or articulating abilities regarding, the economic/credit crisis was some sort of abomination and that, deep down inside . . . she really, REALLY DOES understand it, inside and out!!

PROVE to me me that she was really thinking something else when she said that the VP “runs the Senate!”

SHOW me that deep down inside, she really, REALLY understood what was going on with Georgia, Russia, South Ossetia and Abkahzia!! She’s just “bad on the spot?” She got a little “flustered?” OH, maybe she wrote an article or editorial on it somewhere, and she really DOES have the understanding in her head! All you have to do is SHOW ME!! Surely it’s written SOMEwhere . . . !

SHOW me that she’s not dumb enough to think that abstinence-only sex ed is the best solution to prevent unwanted pregnancies and STDs when . . . wait, you can’t because – it’s not, and she DOES, and her 17-year-old daughter is now knocked up because she’s probably never even seen a condom! Hmm!!

PROVE ME WRONG, Rainjack.

Now, before you start, DON’T go off on a tangent saying, “Well, Obama isn’t any better because of X/Y/Z.” That’s NOT the debate here. The debate is: Is SARAH PALIN of the intellectual caliber to be qualified to be POTUS, or isn’t she?

As for the Republicans having a “40-year track record of winning elections,” well, I believe it is you whose math is fuzzy. :slight_smile: I won’t even do you the favor of recalculating that for you.

I’m not going to argue with someone who denies that George W. Bush, the guy whose administration signle-handedly ruined the world is not a fucking moron. We could go on for years on end about that and you’d never relent. But that rest of the country, and the rest of the world, seem to be in my corner on that one. :wink:

As for the country, it IS changing – DEMOGRAPHICALLY. Which the redneck wing of the Republican party ought to be REALLY scared of. Whites will soon be the minority, the hispanic population is VASTLY expanding (about 2/3 of whom just voted for Obama) and non-white immigrants of many different stripes are expanding their footprint here. This is no longer the same largely white, largely redneck, “God-fearin’” country it was in 1980.

The biggest political change of the past several decades just took place and yet you still can’t see it. Huh. Problems for that ole’ party? You betcha! (Wink!) :wink:

[quote]rainjack wrote:
Damici wrote:

As for recent morons nominated (or gotten into office) by the Repubs:

– VP Dan Quayle (who, as I mentioned earlier, then had NO shot at being nominated for President after that because he was a moron).

He was Bush’s running mate. We did not nominate him. He was not a moron. In fact, he was quite intelligent - and a staunch conservative. Bush was going to lose the Presidency as soon as he went back on his word about not raising taxes. His running mate had no play in the outcome of the election.

In fact - Bush-Qualye won IN SPITE OF Benson’s ass raping Quayle in the VP Debate.

– Bob Dole – couldn’t articulate his way out of a cardboard box.

Non-sequitur. No one was going to beat Clinton, and everyone knew it.

– W. – nothing further needs to be said about the Quintessential Moron.

But unmoronic enough to beat the best the left could put up against him. Twice. His only failing was to abandon the conservatives and allow the congress to spend like a bunch of drunk crack whores. Not a moron.

– Sarah Palin – Give me a while to find some YouTube clips of her. Unbelievable that she was nominated to be VP. Just breathtaking. McCain got what he deserved because of it.

Moron? No fucking way. Unprepared? Undoubtedly. She will be back. Much to the dislike of those who think giving good soundbites makes a capable leader.

– I wouldn’t call John McCain a moron at all, but he was no intellectual or communicative standout either, as I illustrated earlier. The Republicans need to do a LOT better than that. And, as I mentioned, he lost.

He is the biggest moron of anyone you have listed. Nowhere near a conservative. Anti-1st amendment, and pretty much a huge moderate pussy.

See, this is not about scorecards from 35 years ago. This is about the here and now. What - don’t - you - understand - regarding what just happened??

Then you need to rethink what you said in your last post. The Republicans have a 40 year track record of winning presidential elections. Just because you were not old enough to piss in a commode during all but the Bush years is hardly a reason to discount them.

The country is rapidly changing. This ain’t the Reagan era, like it or not.

Rapidly changing? How so? Because there was a 10% swing in the vote from 4 years ago?

Reagan winning 49 of 50 states was a rapid change. The Republicans taking control in 1994 was a rapid swing. This was the country being tired of Bush.

Like I said - your rhetoric is misplaced.

The only reason we are not still in the Reagan ear is because the republicans are no longer conservative. They have no vision. And they can’t fucking stand by their word.

But you would have to have been alive back then to know what I am talking about.

[/quote]

Two wrongs don’t make a right, and you should DEMAND better than that. It’s your party after all, right?

I’m not arguing that Obama is well qualified or that his resume and experience level are ideal for the job. They aren’t.

What I WOULD argue is that, putting politics aside, in any complex crisis situation, Obama could unquestionably think circles around Palin while the creaking little gears in her head would barely be turning. He’s got a mind that understands things in-depth, he’s been (and lived) all over the world, he was President of the Harvard Law Review, which means you didn’t JUST go there, but your fellow students voted you the most capable motherfucker in the whole fucking school, and he’ll likely appoint very smart, critical thinkers of all stripes around him, not idealogical sycophants like W. did and Palin surely would.

Sarah Palin has a journalism (yawn) degree from a school in Alaska, she was Mayor of Wasilla for a short time (which amounted to signing checks once a week and holding occasional budget meetings) and has been Governor of the least populace state in the Union for all of a year and a half, and got there because the previous guy was a complete crook, so the bum was overdue to be thrown out. She has NEVER - BEEN - OUTSIDE - OF - THE - COUNTRY. If that doesn’t ring alarm bells in your head, then God help us all.

The bar is set pretty fucking low.[/quote]

[quote]Damici wrote:
[/quote]

I stand by everything I have said.

You demonstrate no historical knowledge of the conservative movement, only your opinion. This argument could go on forever because I won’t be changing my position at all.

You evidently have a different definition of moron than I do.

And your rhetoric is still horribly misplaced.

That’s about all I have to say.

We’ll agree to disagree then. :slight_smile:

[quote]rainjack wrote:
Damici wrote:

I stand by everything I have said.

You demonstrate no historical knowledge of the conservative movement, only your opinion. This argument could go on forever because I won’t be changing my position at all.

You evidently have a different definition of moron than I do.

And your rhetoric is still horribly misplaced.

That’s about all I have to say. [/quote]

I think you guys let the talking heads form your opinions way too often.[/quote]

Absolutely.

I think she is as qualified as the empty suit that was just elected president.

The bar is set pretty fucking low.[/quote]

Great insight.

If you want to get a good idea about the true intellect of Sarah Palin, see if you can
find a paper she wrote while governor of Alaska; it’s called “Who’s yer Daddy?”, a short bio piece about her upbringing and what her dad taught her. I found it when she was first announced by McCain and was looking for some information about her. It was soon scrubbed off of the Alaskan government website along with alot of her “writings”.

I believe Google and “the internets” already have it archived though. Anyways It reads like a 10th grade teen diary and it was written while she was governer!! Rambling sentences, some parts incoherent, a bunch of “dontcha’s” and other crap, it was unbelievable. And they even PUBLISHED this to the states official website!!