T Nation

Romanian Deadlift & Sore Hamstrings

Hello, yesterday I tried out Romanian Deadlifts for the first time. I have been deadlifting once a week, but I’ve never tried out the RDL.

What I noticed is that during the lift, I was activating mainly my glutes and lowerback. I didin’t feel much in my hamstrings.

But today…oh boy! My hamstrings are sore as hell? Why is this? Is this soreness mainly due to the stretching of the hamstring during the negative portion of the lift (i.e., while lowering the weight)? Because, I never felt that they were being used at all when pulling the weight.

Sorry if this is all obvious to everyone, but me.

p.s., man - my hamstrings have never been this sore. They feel like they could pop if I tried to run. Also, I thought muscle soreness would always be something I could work through…but sore hamstrings seems to be something different entirely.

Yeah dude…RDL’s and goodmorings can really stretch the crap out of your hamstrings.

Sore Hamstrings…pfffttt…trying having sore calves, and i mean scream when you stand up straight sore, and having to pull and push heavy roll cages round all day…for work!!!

Sore hams and a sore ass means you did them right. Good job.

[quote]skw wrote:
Sore hams and a sore ass means you did them right. Good job.

[/quote]

x2

[quote]N. Robinson wrote:
skw wrote:
Sore hams and a sore ass means you did them right. Good job.

x2[/quote]

x3

Lol, thanks guys.

[quote]Clown Face wrote:
Yeah dude…RDL’s and goodmorings can really stretch the crap out of your hamstrings.

Sore Hamstrings…pfffttt…trying having sore calves, and i mean scream when you stand up straight sore, and having to pull and push heavy roll cages round all day…for work!!![/quote]

try getting a blowjob with sore calves…

wait… what