5x8
3. Machine row wide grip
5x10
4. push press
4x4
5. dead lift
4x2
6. dip machine superset
6x10* (increased weight every ten reps until hit max weight on machine)
7. curls for the girls
4x8
cardio 30 mins

Monday: weigh in 223lbs
cardio: 25 mins

Sunday was a pretty good lifting day did a bench variation on a hammer strength machine don’t really know what it was called. dead lift I didn’t go over 400 lbs because I didn’t have a belt and for push press I hit 185 pretty easy next week I’ll increase to over 200lbs see how that goes. On these days feels like arms suffer since I could care less what I do once I get to the end of the workout but since I’m still in weight loss mode I really don’t think I’d pack on much muscle anyways, just trying to control my diet and vary cardio. Diet wise it was a challenge this weekend since several anniversaries of family members were celebrated making it hard to keep to my diet. Sunday I cleaned up my act for the most part and moved my weigh in to monday and still showed some progress which was nice. Tuesday is an off day but since the gym was packed today i’ll get abs in.

leg day!
1a. hack squat 5x5
1b. leg press 4x8
2a. leg extension 4x10
2b. leg curl 4x8
3. lunges 2x8
4. standing calf raise (1 leg): 4x10
5. seated calf raise: 4x10
6. bench 4x4

some notes…felt pretty tired today mostly from school midterms and more projects due this time of year. thinking about adding a pre workout shake to facilitate things a little. diet wise i had forgot to take food to campus so had to out (sushi) instead of my usual chicken and green beans.

weekly update: well i ate like shit all weekend. was at a conference for school which consisted of 6 hr bus rides and more sitting all day with subway sandwiches and cookies. needless to say i still weigh 223 lbs today.

Saturday pm:
1.snatch
7x2
2.clean
5x3
3a.push press
5x4
3b.lat pulldown
5x8
4.tricep pulldown
2x10
5.bicep curl
4x7
6.squats
4x6
cardio: 10 mins

decided to do more explosive lifts today just because i sat down most of the week (thursday to sat afternoon)and felt I needed to challenge myself.I tried to keep overall rest periods between sets to under 1 min; because I was having trouble finding a gym that was open tonight at 9pm, i had only 1 hr to workout after finding one gym that could accomodate me. on a sidenote, how can planet fitness be called a gym. they have 0 barbells that aren’t found on a smith machine and hardly any free weights (i went to a different gym after wasting my time there).

Tuesday am: leg day!

1. hamstring curls
    4x8
    2a.Smith machine squats:*
    4x6
    2b.hamstring curls*
    4x8
    3a.hack squats*
    4x5-6
    3b.leg press machine*
    4x12
    4.seated calf raise
    4x10
  2. unilateral leg press*
    4x6
  3. straight leg dl
    3x4
  4. bench
    4x4
    *continuous. meaning within that #(a-b) I didn’t stop until both a and b sets were finished for 4 sets.
    notes: worked out at school gym. I like pairing smith machine squat with another exercise.This is so I can try to make up for the fact I’m using a smith machine. Overall felt pretty good the leg press machine only went to 500 lbs so for this machine I did 12 reps to get a pump in my legs. Besides that workout went better than I expected I was able to maintain a semi-fast pace finishing the workout in an hour. Main purpose for the faster pace was to challenge myself but mainly because I had to get to class soon.

Friday: PM
Incline bench
5x2
Military press seated
4x6
row machine
4x6
lat pulldown
4x8
bicep curl
4x5
tricep extension
4x10
deadlift
5x3

Monday: leg day
squat 4x6
Lying hamstring extension: 4x6 (unilateral)
Standing calf raise: 4x10
hack squat: 4x6
seated calf raise: 4x12
leg press: 4x5
single leg w/ leg press machine: 4x12
leg extension: 4x10
good mornings: 4x6
push press: 5x2
Cardio: 20 min

Tuesday: cardio 40 mins

weigh in: 219lbs on tuesday.

*notes: because of turkey day will be moving workout to wednesday a day early and probably be working out on friday. overall almost reached goal still 20 lbs to go

wednesday pm:

1a.bench: 2x8 warmup, 4x4
1b.lat pull down wide grip 5x10
2.military press: 4x5
3.curl: 4x6-7
5.lat pulldown (heavy weight): 4x5
6.row: 4x10
7. tricep pulldown: 4x10
8. squat: 4x8-10
9. deadlift 4x3
cardio: 20 mins
10. chest press machine: 2x20
I have a feeling that on some days I go overboard this is one of those days.

friday: am workout
snatch: 7x2
clean: 5x3
push press: 5x2
front squat: 5x4
cardio: 20 mins

good workout. snatch and clean were from the hang position. haven’t done front squat in a while but felt good hitting 245. pretty vanilla workout I didn’t push myself too hard with rest in between sets.

weigh in today in the AM. 216 lbs.
overall diet is a little more erratic end of semester finals,projects are the excuses I’ll be using this time around. hopefully, I won’t stray off too much.
training: PM

dumb bell bench:
80x8
100x6
110x5
120x4 (at this time I felt a tweak in my wrist soo I did what any person would do …increase the weight!)
125x3

push press:
135x5
155x4
155x3
155x1
135x3
lat pulldown:
200x8
225x6
225x4
225x5
dumb bell row:
110x6
110x5
110x6
110x5
barbell curl:
80x8
80x6
80x5(wrist hurt too much at this point)
squat (deload)
225x8
275x8
275x6
275x4
deadlift:
225x3
315x3
365x2
365x1
315x3
cardio: 10 mins ( gym closed at 10:30 all I had time for)

haven’t posted my #s on the weights I have been lifting. Main reason I didn’t want a reminder of any muscle lost as I was dieting down so my main focus was trying to get good sets in where I felt the pump and was fairly intense (meaning minimal rest time). deadlift is dipping down a little low. Next time I’ll move it to the beginning of the workout so I won’t be so fatigued when I do it. Another reason why I didn’t do more rep work at 365 range is mainly because I was playing it safe. I had an accident with the deadlift previously that still has me very cautious whenever I DL with no belt. I added squats because I thought it’d be nice to have in there also.

sorry I have gotten negligent with my log. Finals week and just been running around a bunch trying to finish projects. Exercising twice a week since september was pretty enjoyable. I started around the sept-20th, and I figure it’s time to add another day of training to the week more of a full body template. My goal is still taking off the lbs, but I want to increase the amount of days that I workout. This will increase my overall capacity and hopefully help me reach my goal more efficiently. I eventually want to go into an upper lower split because that is my favorite, but I want to ease into it.
template alternates between an A and B workout like listed below.
monday-A
wednesday-B
friday-A

mon-B
Wed-A
Fri-B
A
Squat
Bench
Row
Leg Press
Calves
Curls/Triceps
leg curls

B
incline
front squat
lat pulldowns
single leg press
curls/triceps
leg extension
calves

I will try to keep to this schedule. but the problem I always had with full body workout I always feel I am leaving something out. As a result I’d get stuck in the gym trying to make sure I do everything I could to have a well rounded workout day and doing 13 exercises. That is why I prefer a split. Anyone that reads my log would see the lifts are pretty vanilla. My wrist still hurts from tweaking it a couple of weeks ago, so I cannot put lots of pressure on it by doing stuff like cleans or a standing press. anyways my weigh in most of the week is 213 which feels good since i haven’t been able to do cardio at all. can’t wait until finals are done. I added creatine to my supplement routine so now it consists of BCAAs,protein, and creatine this is just to help with maintaining muscle.