Role Models

Van Damme(sp?). I justed watched Desert Heat again, very artsy T-movie.

There is a fitness model out there named Shonna McCarver. She’s got the kind of physique I’m going for. I pick her because it seems we have a similar body structure, and with more muscle I can look like her.

I’ve always been a fan of symmetry over bulk. In that light I’d have to say my choice would be Bob Paris. He was never freaky huge or grossly vascular but his symmetry was unparalelled. Frank Zane is another good choice as well. Maybe a combination of the two?

Dorian Yates - humongous

The ultimate body for me would be Bob Paris’s with Bill Kazmeyers strength. You would be a true comic book superhero.

Bill Phillips, he seems so genuine and helpful to so many people,what a guy he’s my HEROE! Is it true that he is the love child of Mother Theresa and Joe Weider?

Could I be a white Lee Haney? Please, he seems to have the bod, attitude and principals I admire.

MB - nice to see a fellow Benoit fan. The guy is awesome. Mad traps, big pecs, thick shoulders and big arms. Definitely my ideal physique. I think he could use some bigger legs though. Perhaps that’s why he wears pants all the time. I’m interested in learning more about the guy as well.
Dre - yeah, I have a similar frame to Benoit. Short and stocky, naturally broad shoulders and thick from front to back. My traps are decent and I’ve never really focused on them, just your typical shrug routines here and there. If I can get some bigger arms and pecs I’ll be on my way. Plus my hair is thinning on top just like Benoit :slight_smile:

Hoser, considering I listed Tyler Durden up there, I figure it would be fitting, in the spirit of Fight Club, if I gave us an asignment: Attempt to get Benoit’s trianing routine. Does he have a site? I’m going to begin working on this little project. YOu can start after you’ve exploded a Starbucks and beaten up 4 Gap shoppers. Lata.

"MB Eric: Thinking that all the ink blots look like variations of dumbell routines since 1780."

-Eric

I’d have to disagree about wanting a physique like Benoit. To me the guy looks like a midget on the sauce. He has a forehead like a drive-in movie theatre, and has stubs for arms. His torso is also too long and throws off his symetry. Lastly of all, the guy has a mega mullet, and that’s just inexcuseable!

Mr Beefy, that’s cool, we each have our own opinions. I never said I was a fan of Benoit’s mop. He doesn’t exactly have a megamullet though. A midget on the sauce? That’s funny. What’s your ideal physique? If you don’t give an adequate response you will from here on in be branded the name Mr Soy instead of Mr Beefy.

Hey Eric Durden go to the chrisbenoit site, google has got heaps of links to Chris Benoit so go for it, Must say tho the guy looks like the missing link. Q. If man evolved from monkeys & apes, then why do monkeys & apes still exist??

MB, Benoit has a website, the URL is what you would expect it to be. The site has a comment section where the Crippler himself sometimes chimes in, unless it’s someone ghostwriting for him. Maybe we can get him to post something about his training.

Regarding Chris Benoit, did you realize he is listed at 5’11" and 220lbs. I don’t know about you guys but if that’s what you consider a midget you must be some seriously BIG muthas. I think there may be two reasons he looks so short on TV. 1) Considering 90% of the wrestlers today are well over 6’, someone that’s “only” 5’11" would appear short. Or 2) He’s lying about his stats. What do you think?

I never said I wanted to sport the Benoit facial, but his ripped look is kickass. Hyphenz, as far as evolution, rather than resolve that little biology/thology debate that’s been goin on for a few weeks now, I’m gonna say one thing: Food Chain. Lata.

“MB Eric: Your window to basic level ass kickery since 1204.”

-Eric

MB, sorry if I offended you with my attempt at humor, none was intended I just wasn’t thinking. Hyphnz

Hyphenz think nothing of it. It’s somewhat difficult to insult a guy who prides himself on association with an animal that hurls it’s feces on a regular basis.

"MB Eric: Saving the women and children...for dessert since 1678."

-Eric

I saw Benoit at a house show in Columbus, Ga when he was with WCW. Hes not a small guy. He only looks small on tv. Pound for pound best wrestler in the world(hehe).

If i could look like anyone, i would look like goldberg. Wait i already do(except Goldberg himself would call me minime).

Hey Hoser, the name’s Beefy not Soy damn it:) Benoit is extremely thick and has great conditioning, but the guy does look like the missing link. If you could plaster another face on that huge friggin neck his physique would be sweet. His trap/shoulder complex is probably the best in wrestling. I doubt it got that way from training, but more likely from carrying around his 50 pound Austrialopithecene skull. My ideal physique would have to be a smaller Arnold’s. His biceps still are the freakiest bi’s to ever grace bodybuilding. All his charisma and the way he carried himself also set his body apart from anyone at his time or after. I wonder who would win in a fight between the Crippler and Arnie in his prime?

Arnie would roll Benoit up and smoke him!!