T Nation

Roids Gone Wrong

Guys
what are the worst cases of roids abuse you have seen ?

not nearly the worst i am sure but back in my 20’s when i thought my size was the most important facet of life (sad i know) i was using at one point: 2 grams of test/wk ; 1gram of deca/wk ; 1 gram of eq wk plus 10-12 iu’s of GH daily (humatrope big money wasted) ; and 10 -20 iu’s of insulin daily. I would throw different things in here and there but i never really came off and the total was always in this range…pretty retarded looking back on it all.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:

Classic ‘abuse’ might be those who have messed themselves up beyond all hope of repair/recovery.

bushy[/quote]

Especially the women of the IFBB and NPC nationals in the late eighties and early nineties. Perhaps plastic surgery can feminize their faces, but the voice changes, hair growth and some other changes are permanent.

And laser hair removal is expensive.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

How about laser clit removal?

[/quote]

Ouch!!

…I’m not sure if this is case of abuse of roids,but there’s this guy at the gym ,I guess he’s 40 or late 30s.

He looks like he used to be big but then “imploded” ,full of loose sking and totally flabby fat…he still has some mass underneath but,he has also cellulitis! Poor guy,I don’t know what is it,but he really looks “messed up”

Hmmmm, let me see…

Flex Wheeler,
Jay Cutler,
Chris Cormier,
Etc,
Etc.

Half joking here, but since I find them to look pretty repulsive, then in a way I consider that abuse, considering the amount of gear involved to look like that.
bushy[/quote]

Actually- you’d be pretty surprised if you looked at their dosages. I’m not saying I know exactly what guys are taking, but it’s genetics that puts these guys that much ahead of regular joes, not drugs. Many guys on the internet boards are on more stuff than pros.

[quote]speed wrote:

Actually- you’d be pretty surprised if you looked at their dosages. I’m not saying I know exactly what guys are taking, but it’s genetics that puts these guys that much ahead of regular joes, not drugs. Many guys on the internet boards are on more stuff than pros.
[/quote]

These guys aren’t holding 295 4% at 6’1" on 750mg/wk of test.
I don’t think genetics play much part in these guys physiques.
Look at the pros of today and those of 30 years ago. Today they are 40, 50 even 60 pounds heavier then someone of similar height back then. Have human genetics changed that much in the last 30 years? doubtful. Diet? maybe a little. training? no. It’s the drugs.

[quote]firestanggt wrote:
speed wrote:

These guys aren’t holding 295 4% at 6’1" on 750mg/wk of test.
I don’t think genetics play much part in these guys physiques.
Look at the pros of today and those of 30 years ago. Today they are 40, 50 even 60 pounds heavier then someone of similar height back then. Have human genetics changed that much in the last 30 years? doubtful. Diet? maybe a little. training? no. It’s the drugs. [/quote]

in addition to what you say, there is also a larger sample of people more interested in bodybuilding now than long ago. among this larger sample size, we naturally find more ‘extremes’ who represent the current pro bodybuilding ranks.

I think it should practically be an accepted fact that due to advances in nutrition and drugs (for instance, HGH insulin, IGF-1 and all others) is why people are 5’9 and 280 at 3%…