Roided Fighters

As you said Pride doesn’t test, and I’m pretty sure AAS is legal in Brazil so I imagine alot of those guys use, either way plenty of guys in the UFC and every other org. use gear. The UFC only tests, like, the night of the fight from my understanding so you would have to be pretty dense to test positive.

Clearly their are a few guys who look like they use but you never know whos on since most fighters would use for recovery and strength rather than size since they need to stay in their weight class.

Plus mass isn’t really beneficial in most cases in MMA, you need to be strong but flexibility is also extremely important in grappling, being very muscular makes it difficult to escape submissions in a lot of cases.

[quote]Babalu wrote:
Massif wrote:
They test for drugs in the UFC. I’m saying that is a 100% guarantee that the fighters are drug free, but it makes it more difficult. Kimo and Tim Silvia have both served suspensions due to testing positive.

In Pride and K1, they don’t test for roids. They like their boys big and freaky in Japan.

All that said, looking at someone’s physique and saying “they are on roids” is absolute bullshit and you should fucking know better. So what if Randleman has veins on his legs - he squats well over 600lbs and is ripped.

In short, I’m sure some guys use roids, but looking at a picture to tell is fucking pointless.

Dude, seriously, you need to get that sand out of your vagina… i was just giving my two cents…i didnt mean to royally piss off people[/quote]

Oh, come on. You throw these accusations about with justification like “I don’t see how a 40 year old could be that ripped”. That pretzel logic is begging for an ass whooping.

I don’t care if you think they are on drugs, but puhh-leeez have a better reason for it than “he is muscular - it must be roids”.

[quote]Babalu wrote:
fedor emenilianko, the Pride HW champ, trains with sledgehammers and kettlebells, appears natural[/quote]

From what you wrote, I can only assume that (during training) he allows opponents to bring weapons into the ring in a feeble attempt to stop him.

[I wonder if guns would work against him]

[quote]Massif wrote:
They test for drugs in the UFC. I’m saying that is a 100% guarantee that the fighters are drug free, but it makes it more difficult. Kimo and Tim Silvia have both served suspensions due to testing positive.

[/quote]

You mean it’s NOT a 100% guarantee right? Actually it probably doesn’t deter anyone if they only test the night of the fight. Unless you’re a total genetic freak, I think you’ve got to be pretty stupid to fight without using every advantage available to you. You’re risking your health and brain damage in the ring every time.

I agree it’s impossible to tell just from looking at them, aside from GH guts, and maybe Mirko’s tree trunk legs and bean sized head.

Quinton Jackson, says he just started to lift and cant lift much, his functional strength is unreal… i would doubt he’s cheating

Marvin Eastman, extremely explosive fighter, former CFL football player…yea, he’s using

Hendo, very small LHW, great wrestler, can’t see him using either

Kazushi Sakuraba, THE best japanese fighter EVER… He drinks and smokes and it dont hurt his game one bit… he’s like 180lbs and he’s tapped guys way bigger and stronger than him…he aint on the gear

Matt Hughes, p4p the physically strongest fighter in all of mma, fights at 170, but walks around 195…im not sure

Tank Abbott, 600+lb bench press, can one arm DB curl over 100lbs, former pro wrestler, probably on like winstrol or something

Tim Sylvia, got caught on a bodybuilder steroid, he wanted to improve his physique and add more muscle, so yes, some athletes do like hypertrophy afterall

Josh Barnett, got caught using, just trying to improve his flabby body…

http://images.t-nation.com/forum_images/./1/.1125951393325.ran-back.jpg

Carter12, has some muscle mass, can bench press more than the pink dumbbells, and has hair growing out the crack of his ass, this guy must be using.

[quote]Babalu wrote:
Tank Abbott, 600+lb bench press, can one arm DB curl over 100lbs, former pro wrestler, probably on like winstrol or something[/quote]

LOL…yeah, like Tank is the poster boy for Winny. hell, i don’t even think he trains much…he just likes to fight.

[quote]Babalu wrote:
Tim Sylvia, got caught on a bodybuilder steroid, he wanted to improve his physique and add more muscle, so yes, some athletes do like hypertrophy afterall[/quote]

Sylvia got caught using Winni V…i ironically enough, he’s not as built as some of the fighters you say are using. and obviously you’re ome kind of expert on indicating if someone’s using by looking at them…i’m just curious-can you tell what’s someone’s protein intake is by looking at them as well??

I’m sure that a number of fighters use steriods, but I don’t see the point in sitting around trying to guess which fighters do/don’t use. You simply can’t tell if someone is using just by looking at a picture.

[quote]Babalu wrote:
Marvin Eastman, extremely explosive fighter, former CFL football player…yea, he’s using[/quote]

THOSE are your reasons that he’s using? That and a photo? You’re kidding right? If you don’t think you can get like that without using steroids, then I would be curious to see your own training program, diet, etc.

Most of these guys, I have not seen anything (outside of Sapp) that would make me think they are using based on their photos or the fact that there was a positive test.

What criteria are you even using for half of this? Just sheer conjecture?

Weak.

[quote]SKman wrote:
I’m sure that a number of fighters use steriods, but I don’t see the point in sitting around trying to guess which fighters do/don’t use. You simply can’t tell if someone is using just by looking at a picture.[/quote]

Exactly.

The only real way to know is to be TRUE friends with the person. You should be asking yourself, “How can I make this happen?” Rather than assuming if they’re on AAS.

[quote]Babalu wrote:
Tank Abbott, 600+lb bench press, can one arm DB curl over 100lbs, former pro wrestler, probably on like winstrol or something[/quote]

Is this a joke? You obviously know nothing about AAS at all and this post is an insult.
Wow the man can curl a 100 lbs. dumbbell…He must be juicing because that’s pretty hard…hmm my guess is hard work, something that maybe you should try if you think these guys are juicin. Secondly, “prob on like winstrol or something”?? Winstrol is a cutter, and they guy would look a lot leaner if he were on it. Where the hell did you come up with that anyways? Is there an article with him admitting to using winstrol? or being caught using it? I’d say you know pretty close to nothing about steroids and need to get a clue.