Roid Rage .... A Myth ?

If you respect everyone’s right to their opinions, then you should have no problem with their opinion that your ideas are bullshit! If you’re not any more secure with your beliefs than that, then in my opinion you’ve got MUCH bigger issues to tackle than any supposed “roid rage”.

Crowbar

It’s pretty sad that there are folks down here that are so eager to jump on a guy for his honesty - especially when that honesty involves…gasp…religous beliefs. What does it matter what his religous beliefs are, or his political affiliation, for that matter?

I think that whoever it was got in your face becase he was just looking for a reason. He touched a nerve and you failed to rein in your emotions.

Was it the juice? Only you know the answer to that. I’m thinking that the anger was all you, and the juice just made a bad situation worse.

From all I’ve read, roid rage is a factor of your own personality. If you have anger issues, the gear heightens that aspect. How you react to that is squarely on your shoulders, not the gear.

500mg/wk is very minimal.

i chalk up mood swings from the excess estrogen if you’re not using anti-e’s.

[quote]theeternalbliss wrote:
So your a religious NUT JOB on steroids that most likely would get all bant if an ATHEIST debates the existance of YOUR GOD And like you said he was too weak to even fight back WAY TOO GO RELIGIOUS DOUCHE BAG .

well that was quite a flame. i dont want to start a war of words here. but i would sure like to defend my situation here.first of all other guy was’t an atheist and i respect everybody’s opinion ( be it religion or any thing else).everybody has a right to think and act on what they belive on. but it doest give them right to look down upon others believes and say that this is bullshit. i belive on what i belive and i respect what others belive,and my believes are not conformed by others. if it was an intellectual conversation i m all for it. but if somebody attacks you on some thing i m not one of those who will sit back and watch fire pass by, i will go and fight fire with fire. [/quote]

well that’s my point when it comes to your case you did’nt get in a fight from juice you did because your beleifs were questioned And maybe MOCKED which is no excuse for a fist fight In my opinion it shows a real lack or self control And if your beleif are so strong and UNSHAKEABLE why dose his childish behavior even bother you I mean did your god get angry at his remarks and tell you to hit him ? And from experience the religious fanatics preach tolerance But in reality they are only tolerant to beleifs And ideals that mirror their own .

Research points out that 'roid rage is a myth, at least to a point. There are actually two components to roid rage. First, testosterone itself does not cause any kind of aggression. Most previous studies where psychological and co relational, i.e. more testosterone equals more aggression. This has been found to be true for the most part, beyond statistical doubt. The problem is that very few people understand why. The previous studies do not take into account physiology. Here is what happens, sort of:
First, there seems to be a early developmental component in which an ‘androgen wash’ occurs ( in males) this seems to feed the mossy fibers within the hypothalamus. In other words there are more synaptic receptors in the amygdala( part of brain that controls fight/flight). Males who have shown to have heavy androgen exposure in the first few days of life tend to be more aggressive when androgens are introduced. With these males, when androgens are present, the amygdala has more activity than the hippocampus, where in ‘normal’ people the activity between the hippocampus and amygdala are the same.
Second, testosterone itself does not act on the brain in a direct way. After aromatization into estradol or 5 alpha DHT does it act on the estrogen receptors in the hypothalamic ‘area’. Ironically enough, an anti aromatase has been found to decrease estrogen fed aggression.

This is obviously a highly condensed version of what happens, but the bottom line is three things:
  1. Yes, androgens can increase aggression
  2. The degree to which androgens will cause aggression is largely genetically predetermined.
  3. Aromatase Inhibitors can decrease aggression.

There is a warning with this, however. You can’t just take a whole bunch of Novaldex and think you’ll be fine. Many parts of the brain are fed by estrogen, you do not want to block it completely or you leave yourself open to a whole litany of potential brain problems in the future if you over do the AE’s. Take the right amount for your dose and no more.
Here is a good but boring as hell scientific article discussing all of the above and more, in much greater detail. Heck, I did not even start with neurotransmitters.
http://www.medicine.mcgill.ca/mjm/v06n01/v06p032/v06p032.pdf

my god can beat up your god

[quote]xgymratx wrote:
my god can beat up your god[/quote]

Yeah well my god took me too the STRIP club And got me a good hook up on a nice piece of ass then just yesterday he took me to HOOTERS for the LAST SUPPER .

I was at my Univ . The same.
3 guys and a random one were in the classromm yelling like theh were in the stadium.
I was about to do the same: shut my mouth and keep going.

The proffesor wasn’t doing anything. As I said

Happened in a mili second.

Man, I just trhew 4 lines of chairs at once. I look my self, everyone shut their mouth. It was kreeping sudeendly all my strenght.

And one guy threw a chair at me. And my staring was saying everything " I fuckin freakin dare you"

In shortly i was about to fight anyone and also the professor. Man
And a guy just put the chair down and he could even raise it even with maximun effort.
Fuck man. It was frekin awsome. I just felt so damn powerful.
And I was also asthonish

Not sure why you would revive a 19yo thread to say this?
AAS will amplify your personality traits. If you are already violent or aggressive this will become more apparent. If this is the behavior you are exhibiting you prob shouldn’t be touching gear. IMO.

Im sorry, did not know it was posted 19 y ago. Yeah you are right… if you wouldn’t have said it. I wouldn’t even noticed.

Basically yeah i am not stoping
I need the to achive my goals.
And IMO imma keep doing steroids… Just becouse I want it.

Am I feeling depressed ? Hell yeah.
Was I depressed and left alone before. Hell yeah x2

The only thing that worries me is that I get trouble gettin myself clear when it come to focus on my accountabllities studies.
And probably i will never use this career.
And probably I will be dead by my mid 30’s.
So be it.

The only thin i would do My friend and I think you are right. I will never use it when driving.

Btw thnx… but I think your commentary is
1)pointless
2)you are indicating the obvious
3) if I decide to revive a 19 yo post. Is my desicion not your to be taken.
So thnx you sir (sarcasticly

Good luck to you.

It definitely won’t improve a person’s writing skills. :joy::rofl:

2 Likes

Seems like there may be another kind of compound or two on board as well!!

1 Like