T Nation

Roid Gut: One Man's Facination with Getting Huge

           Written by James 

http://www.geocities.com/bellysphere/roidgut.htm

tl:dr

Your profile is a good laugh, man.

I wonder if anybody will actually plow through all that.

That is, I think, the longest post I’ve ever seen.

You think we are actually going to read all that crap, especially when the formatting got messed up?

You didn’t even provide fucking cliff notes.

Seriously so unnecessarily long.
EDIT: LOL mods edited my post. I suppose it was a dick move.

Where do I get some of that stuff?

was that worth reading? It’s pretty damn long

As what is intended as helpful criticism:

When something is this long, but it seems like a good thing to post, the thing to do is to take a short, interesting excerpt and then post a link for the remainder, with a note that the rest of the story is to be found there.

Two reasons.

First, doing it that way is what is called fair attribution. The original author may well want people to go to his blog or website. Doing it that way helps his purpose. Doing it your way potentially defeats his purpose.

The way you did it is not fair attribution.

You did at least post his name and link though, which was good. But still, copying his entire story is too much. At least by American law (is British law different regarding ownership of written works? JK Rowling certainly defends her copyrights vigorously enough, so if that’s any indication, I’d think that Britain also affords authors copyright protection.)

Second, as several by now have pointed out, no one or pretty much no one wants to see that long a post.

Really.

I appreciate that you liked the story and maybe others would have too, but posting the entire thing just won’t work well.

[quote]Rational Gaze wrote:
Your profile is a good laugh, man.[/quote]

x2

I read that all…well almost…was funny but also had a hint of teh ghey.

[quote]Bill Roberts wrote:
As what is intended as helpful criticism:

When something is this long, but it seems like a good thing to post, the thing to do is to take a short, interesting excerpt and then post a link for the remainder, with a note that the rest of the story is to be found there.

Two reasons.

First, doing it that way is what is called fair attribution. The original author may well want people to go to his blog or website. Doing it that way helps his purpose. Doing it your way potentially defeats his purpose.

The way you did it is not fair attribution.

You did at least post his name and link though, which was good. But still, copying his entire story is too much. At least by American law (is British law different regarding ownership of written works? JK Rowling certainly defends her copyrights vigorously enough, so if that’s any indication, I’d think that Britain also affords authors copyright protection.)

Second, as several by now have pointed out, no one or pretty much no one wants to see that long a post.

Really.

I appreciate that you liked the story and maybe others would have too, but posting the entire thing just won’t work well.[/quote]

I can scan pretty fast and none of you want to read that. It is some gay feeder essay about dudes who try to get fatter on purpose.

you’re all just envious of OP’s traps

[quote]Bill Roberts wrote:

First, doing it that way is what is called fair attribution. The original author may well want people to go to his blog or website. Doing it that way helps his purpose. Doing it your way potentially defeats his purpose.

The way you did it is not fair attribution.
[/quote]

I moderate a local political board. Having dealt with local media who are often sourced in threads (mostly for their inaccuracies concerning local events, poor reporting, and bias), it was determined that “Fair Use” was limited to 75 words, not including title and by-line, plus a link to the source material. Exceptions of course are times when explicit permission has been given.

Our M.O. per the site owner/editor is to delete posts that don’t conform (with a mod-note stating that the OP must fix the post). Constantly editing them quickly got out of hand and it’s often hard to determine what part of the information is meant to be emphasized.

In a couple cases, the site was threatened with legal action for not conforming to ‘fair use’ of copywrited material. Just something to think about, especially when the posted material may not shed the original author/product/subject in the best light.

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
Bill Roberts wrote:

First, doing it that way is what is called fair attribution. The original author may well want people to go to his blog or website. Doing it that way helps his purpose. Doing it your way potentially defeats his purpose.

The way you did it is not fair attribution.

I moderate a local political board. Having dealt with local media who are often sourced in threads (mostly for their inaccuracies concerning local events, poor reporting, and bias), it was determined that “Fair Use” was limited to 75 words, not including title and by-line, plus a link to the source material. Exceptions of course are times when explicit permission has been given.

Our M.O. per the site owner/editor is to delete posts that don’t conform (with a mod-note stating that the OP must fix the post). Constantly editing them quickly got out of hand and it’s often hard to determine what part of the information is meant to be emphasized.

In a couple cases, the site was threatened with legal action for not conforming to ‘fair use’ of copywrited material. Just something to think about, especially when the posted material may not shed the original author/product/subject in the best light.[/quote]

See the thread wans’t useless afterall… I learned something today.

DAMN thats a long read… and i read it ALL , its both funny and sick to think that there are people out there who realy go throught this… i mean 20 inch guns are cool and all but not if your belly looks like a beach ball

I read half of that shit and felt like giving up on life. A complete waste on time.

Edit: looked at the OPs profile…I so have trap envy, but the neck is much better than the traps

i read it and i thought it was quite good, so i decided to post it here. Also a long while ago Prof X linked to a board where people actually try to get fatter, and i’m sure a quick search on google could find some.
and yes you all should have trap envy at this point.

[quote]SrJoker wrote:
i read it and i thought it was quite good, so i decided to post it here. Also a long while ago Prof X linked to a board where people actually try to get fatter, and i’m sure a quick search on google could find some.
and yes you all should have trap envy at this point.[/quote]

I don’t know what traps are so I do not have envy at this point.

If you move your second or third chin out of the way, I could get a clear look at the traps