Rogue SB-1 vs EliteFTS SS Yoke Bar

Higher the bar placement, the more likely you are to lose it forward when it rolls up your neck. The lower your bar placement the more you can GM it, as it’s going to roll up your neck a whole lot less than if you had the bar position higher.

[quote]deepsquats220 wrote:
Higher the bar placement, the more likely you are to lose it forward when it rolls up your neck. The lower your bar placement the more you can GM it, as it’s going to roll up your neck a whole lot less than if you had the bar position higher. [/quote]

This is one of those qualities I like about the SSB as a strength builder, since it maintains a high bar position but no ability to roll.

[quote]budreiser wrote:
Ssb lights up my back. I think it’d be better for my deadlift honestly.[/quote]

I own and EFS Yoke bar with handles. The one with the removable handles. I’ve owned this bar for about 6 years now. It has done little for my deadlift. YMMV.

When I first got this bar my yoke bar squat was 150# off my straight bar squat. It would lite my back up like a mother. Heavy weight would fold me up like a lawn chair. Now a days, That gap has closed to about 50-60#. I love this bar. One doesn’t need to hold the handles. This will free you up to do cheat reps or even deadlift while the bar is on your back. Before anyone says that’s dumb, I’ve seen Vogelpohl do that so it’s not MY idea and it’s brutal. I also do front squats on occasion with this bar. I take the handles off and set up with the stubs facing backwards. locks onto the front of my neck / upper chest very nicely and the weights are cambered out in front of me several inches more so that it would be with a straight bar, thus making it harder at times. If one is in the specialty bar market I cannot recommend this bar enough.
I also have / had a EFS Spider bar. Bar was ok. The handle angle was weird and when I used more than about 220# it would fuck my back up. Plus with the handles locked onto my neck the bar didn’t swing around like the 14" cambered bar does. I “fixed the glitch” by cutting off the handles and grinding the bar smooth. Now it’s a regular 14" cambered bar. LOVE IT. but if I could only keep 1 special bar it would be the Yoke bar.