T Nation

Roger Clemens Returns

Boom

The 50-year-old Clemens signed with the Sugar Land (Texas) Skeeters of the independent Atlantic League on Monday and he is expected to start for the minor league team on Saturday at home against Bridgeport.

next.

[quote]PB Andy wrote:
The 50-year-old Clemens signed with the Sugar Land (Texas) Skeeters of the independent Atlantic League on Monday and he is expected to start for the minor league team on Saturday at home against Bridgeport.

next.[/quote]
You can’t do what he does.

[quote]CargoCapable wrote:

[quote]PB Andy wrote:

next.[/quote]
You can’t do what he does.[/quote]
ask me that when I’m 50

I’ve met him. He’s a BIG dude. That’s all I got.

Fuck Clemens. He’s a dick, I can’t stand him.

[quote]PB Andy wrote:

[quote]PB Andy wrote:

next.[/quote]
ask me that when I’m 50[/quote]
Where was he when he was where you are now? That timeline shit works both ways.

[quote]PB Andy wrote:

[quote]PB Andy wrote:

next.[/quote]
ask me that when I’m 50[/quote]
Where was he when he was where you are now? That timeline shit works both ways.[/quote]
Where was who and the what

He did pretty good. 3.1 IP 1 hit no runs. Highest fastball I saw was 88mph. Pretty good for a 50 yr old man. Im sure he can get to 90mph as he gets into better shape.

When Curt Schilling was asked if clemens will pitch in the bigs this year, his response was “absolutely, yes.”

He could certainly bring a breath of fresh air to our dear Lastros.

[quote]PB Andy wrote:

next.[/quote]
You mean cheat my sport for years and then fuck a fifteen year old behind my wife’s back? Yeah, I can’t do that.

He could certainly bring a breath of fresh air to our dear Lastros.[/quote]

He’d put butts in the seats for sure, but he wouldn’t make much of an impact

I’m not trying to degrade what the man is/was capable of, but he isn’t going to be back in the Majors based on his capabilities … if he does make it back it’ll be based off of his name

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[quote]PB Andy wrote:

next.[/quote]
You mean cheat my sport for years and then fuck a fifteen year old behind my wife’s back? Yeah, I can’t do that.[/quote]
No, that’s not what I mean.

And it is definitely his sport over yours.

[quote]polo77j wrote:

He could certainly bring a breath of fresh air to our dear Lastros.[/quote]

He’d put butts in the seats for sure, but he wouldn’t make much of an impact

I’m not trying to degrade what the man is/was capable of, but he isn’t going to be back in the Majors based on his capabilities … if he does make it back it’ll be based off of his name [/quote]
This I can agree with however three innings on the Astros roster would most likely improve team performance, the Astros being an isolated case.

His interviews indicate no interest in the majors though and seem to allude to playing random home games with the skeeters with no real team involvement.

I enjoyed watching him on the Astros as a kid it will be a novelty to see him play for the skeeters for sure.

[quote]Maiden3.16 wrote:
He did pretty good. 3.1 IP 1 hit no runs. Highest fastball I saw was 88mph. Pretty good for a 50 yr old man. Im sure he can get to 90mph as he gets into better shape.

When Curt Schilling was asked if clemens will pitch in the bigs this year, his response was “absolutely, yes.”[/quote]
Hes pretty much the Brett Favre of Baseball.

Let him come back and get lit the Fuck up . Asides from being 50 he dident look impressive at all 88 even a 90 mph fastball really isent anything special.