Rocky Training Sequence

…k…

Did anyone else think what the hell is Gunnar Peterson doing in the weight room with Rocky? F’n Nonsense.

yeah, i caught that, i chalked it up to the fact that he is Sly’s trainer in real life, maybe they wanted to fool some people into thinking Sly was actually moving real weights by having an actual trainer there.

It did give me a bit of a what the hell moment

–JB

Anyone notice that when Rocky was catching the bar for his cleans, the bar never rested on his shoulders?

[quote]vision1 wrote:
Anyone notice that when Rocky was catching the bar for his cleans, the bar never rested on his shoulders?[/quote]

I almost screamed when I saw that, wtf was he doing?

I’m sure the USA WL contingency was ripping apart that technique :wink: But he still did more than most USA WLers in that weight class LOL! Side Note: you guys rip apart this training montage like it was supposed be some type of training manual. Anyways it is ggod to see even remedial versions of the type of training most T-Nation readers gloat about doing in a mainstream film. The training footage did exactly what it was supposed to do… INSPIRE!

it beats the total gym, spinners, and balance boards :wink:

Pete Arroyo

[quote]testdog wrote:
I’m sure the USA WL contingency was ripping apart that technique :wink: But he still did more than most USA WLers in that weight class LOL! [/quote]

Incase you didn’t know, those were fake weights.

Yes, I do know. My point being it is an F!@#ing movie! It is ok to get caught up into it.

PA

I used to train at that gym when i lived in LA
its called “LA lifting club”.

i was doin my squat workout while they were setting up the place.
It was a powerlifting gym with every equitment imaginable. Too bad it was closed down.

I enjoyed the sequence. Rocky always gets me fired up to train. And yes form wasnt perfect but who cares, as td said its a movie.