Rocky Road Metabolic Drive Bars

[quote]Lonnie123 wrote:
Just for the record…My 2 month old chocolate chunk and PBCrunch bars are still fresh as the day they were produced.
[/quote]

I still have some of the original Grow bars in Peanut Butter & Chocolate Brownie. I have not kept them in the refrigerator and they still taste great. I can’t even remember how long they’ve been on the shelf (I stocked up when they we’re giving a free box w/order).

LJ

I haven’t tried them yet, but if they’re anything like the previous bars (and many of you say they’re the best yet) I better get a few boxes before they’re gone.

LJ

[quote]Mod Brian wrote:
Dirty Tiger wrote:

I agree, I just had one and it is easily the best tasting bar I’ve tried.

Why eliminate flavors?

I understand introducing flavors, but why axe a favorite?

Again, we do not plan on eliminating any of our best sellers. It’s just that we will not stock them all at the same time because we want you to get fresh bars everytime you order from us.

Many of us who have purchased protein bars prior to Grow! and Metabolic Drive bars have undoubtedly walked out of a store and gotten home only to realize that one or more of the bars just purchased had gone skunky. This is one of the things that happens when protein bars sit for too long.

If you really like a particular flavor, simply buy a couple of extra boxes and toss them in the freezer. This way they will stay fresher and you’ll have them as back up in the event we do not have that flavor for a month.

[/quote]

That makes sense.

[quote]Mod Brian wrote:
Dirty Tiger wrote:

I agree, I just had one and it is easily the best tasting bar I’ve tried.

Why eliminate flavors?

I understand introducing flavors, but why axe a favorite?

Again, we do not plan on eliminating any of our best sellers. It’s just that we will not stock them all at the same time because we want you to get fresh bars everytime you order from us.

Many of us who have purchased protein bars prior to Grow! and Metabolic Drive bars have undoubtedly walked out of a store and gotten home only to realize that one or more of the bars just purchased had gone skunky. This is one of the things that happens when protein bars sit for too long.

If you really like a particular flavor, simply buy a couple of extra boxes and toss them in the freezer. This way they will stay fresher and you’ll have them as back up in the event we do not have that flavor for a month.

[/quote]

Mod Brian, with all due respect, what you are proposing is one of the worst business principles I’ve ever heard of. It’d be like GM rotating the Hummer for the Escalade or Kelloggs rotating Corn flakes for Raisin Bran!!

If you have a successful product that is being purchased regularly, they shouldn’t be sitting around in your warehouse in storage! Can’t you guys stay ahead of the order volume, but not make so many at one time that they might have to sit around a while? If very successful businesses did this with their All-Star products they wouldn’t be so successful. In fact, they might be out of business by now. I think you guys get away with this because of your loyal core membership and because of all the awesome training/nutrition info. But without that I don’t think you guys would be nearly this successful by dropping/adding very successful products at will.

TS

I just got my first box of these yesterday and had to try one (just a couple bites as they don’t fit into my specific diet plan at this moment).

Holy christ these are good!!

I will be ordering many more before they are out. It doesn’t taste like any protein bar I’ve ever tried, and I’ve tried pretty much every one available, at least locally.

I just ordered four more boxes in addition to the two boxes I received a couple of days ago. The Rocky Road Bars are Killer Good! My guy put two containers of gourmet ice creams in the freezer and I’d rather have the bars and actually have been CRAVING them all day long since I took the first bite!

Please don’t stop making this flavor!

I hope there will be more flavors soon. Need to stock up due to the hot weather in the summer. Last year my bars melted by the time it got delievered to my home.

I have an idea. Why not freeze them at the warehouse and ship them out frozen (or thaw just before shipping)?

That way they all stay fresh, and they can all be offered more often.

Or, only stock up so many until a certain number are sold, then make more to replenish stock.

And for the record, the bars I ordered over a month ago still taste as fresh as the day I received them and I have a couple more boxes. They’ll all stay out in a cupboard until they’re eaten and I never had a bad/old/stale one yet.

[quote]SWR-1222D wrote:
I have an idea. Why not freeze them at the warehouse and ship them out frozen (or thaw just before shipping)?

That way they all stay fresh, and they can all be offered more often.

Or, only stock up so many until a certain number are sold, then make more to replenish stock.

And for the record, the bars I ordered over a month ago still taste as fresh as the day I received them and I have a couple more boxes. They’ll all stay out in a cupboard until they’re eaten and I never had a bad/old/stale one yet.[/quote]

That’s wierd. The 4 posts after this one (above) were all already posted before I replied, yet it got placed before them.

[quote]TriGWU wrote:
Stuey wrote:
MODOK wrote:
Stuey wrote:
What in god’s name is “Rocky Road” flavour?

Is it a US thing?

Yes, American as apple pie…hey, another flavor idea!

But what does it taste of?
What makes up a rocky road bar?

Is it fruity? (oooh-err)
Is it chocolatey?
Is it nutty?

Typically its Chocolate Marshmallow and Almonds[/quote]

It’s mainly an Ice Cream flavor…a damn good one.