Rocky Marciano

[quote]rander wrote:
I am joking.

i dont think you were
[/quote]

That is because some people are built just too low to the ground; things are constantly going right over their head.

[quote]Airtruth wrote:
Rocky Marciano at his peak fighting condition would get knocked out by any of the top heavy weights in the last 3 decades. Ali, Forman, Tyson, Lewis, Holyfield…

His conditioning was good, but I think you really underestimate the workouts these guys do nowadays. The conditioning he did, was what the average amatuer trying to get seriously into boxing will be required to do.

And to be honest he would not even fight heavywieght. Since he was so light 185.

People under 200 lbs are in love with the typical 5’10 ripped athletic mens health frame, but they don’t rule every division. Guys ruin their careers trying to fight heavyweights nowadays(Roy Jones).

By saying he would beat these guys your saying that over the last 70 years of training Boxing coaches have learned nothing. That would be stupid.[/quote]

Okay, Tyson had neither the heart nor the brain for a fight with Marciano. Before the fight where Tyson bit Holyfield’s ear, Teddy Atlas predicted Tyson would do something to get himself disqualified.

Yes, moving up to the heavyweight division ruins careers just look what it did to Holyfield’s career. It’s not the move up that did in Jones, it was fluctuating between the weight classes.

Holyfield, as a heavy, isn’t known for his power but rather his heart and conditioning. It would make for an intriguing fight.

Lewis is too big and just would stick his jab out all night long. So much talent but a timid fighter.

Foreman, I think if he decided to train today would still mop up the division. Okay, that may be a stretch but not by that much.

Ali/Marciano would be interesting. Ali definitely had the skill to keep him away but may have too much heart. I think the fight would be similar to the Frazier/Ali trilogy.

I am over 200 pounds and think Marciano was a helluva fighter. That being said, I feel Joe Louis in his prime was the best.

Oh yeah, as for high tech training, Tommy Morrison was a part of the new wave of high tech training. Training according to 70/30 split of anaerobic/aerobic conditioning. That is after all what science deems the sport of boxing. Morrison gassed after 3 rounds.

How many amatuers today, log 12 mile runs before a fight and work with a 300 pound heavy bag? Check out Ross Enamait’s site for high performance yet old school conditioning.

yea i think i could agree with rocky bein the best fighter of all time. That being said, i think a lot of fighters now days could beat him. I think a lot of the aforementioned guys could beat him, plus klitschko. This is simply because all sports have evolved so much over time. If Rocky was born in this day and age, he probably could beat many of these fighters. But who knows? They were all great fighters, so its a tough call.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
FightinIrish26 wrote:
The Greatest of all Time.

racist[/quote]

LOL - genuinely made me laugh out loud.

You are a funny fucker Zap.

“Oh! There dey go. There dey go. Every time I start talk about boxing, a white man gotta pull Rocky Marciano out his ass. Rocky Marciano was good, dat he was, dat he was. But compared to Joe Lewis, Rocky Marciano aint shit!”

“He whipped Joe Lewis’s ass”

“Mm hm he whipped Joe Lewis’s ass”

“Fuck you, fuck you, and fuck you! WHo next?”

[quote]nikolo wrote:
Ali/Marciano would be interesting. Ali definitely had the skill to keep him away but may have too much heart. I think the fight would be similar to the Frazier/Ali trilogy.
[/quote]

Similar to the story line in the latest Rocky film, Marciano and Ali had a “fight” in 1970, the outcome of which was decided by computer statistical analysis. Marciano “won.”

[quote]BigRagoo wrote:
“Oh! There dey go. There dey go. Every time I start talk about boxing, a white man gotta pull Rocky Marciano out his ass. Rocky Marciano was good, dat he was, dat he was. But compared to Joe Lewis, Rocky Marciano aint shit!”

“Fuck you, fuck you, and fuck you! WHo next?”[/quote]

"Joe Lewis always lied about his age! He lied about his age all the time! One time Frank Sinatra came inside here and sat down in this chair and I said Frank, you hang out with Joe Lewis. Just between me and you…how old is Joe Lewis? You know what Frank told me? He said “Hey. Joe Lewis 137 years old. 137 years old!”

[quote]gone heavy wrote:
BigRagoo wrote:

"Joe Lewis always lied about his age! He lied about his age all the time! One time Frank Sinatra came inside here and sat down in this chair and I said Frank, you hang out with Joe Lewis. Just between me and you…how old is Joe Lewis? You know what Frank told me? He said “Hey. Joe Lewis 137 years old. 137 years old!”[/quote]

HAhahahaha!! One of my ALL time favorite movies.

From the greatest fighting city in the world. Hopefully that 7 foot freak show doesn’t beat his record.

[quote]BigRagoo wrote:
gone heavy wrote:
BigRagoo wrote:

"Joe Lewis always lied about his age! He lied about his age all the time! One time Frank Sinatra came inside here and sat down in this chair and I said Frank, you hang out with Joe Lewis. Just between me and you…how old is Joe Lewis? You know what Frank told me? He said “Hey. Joe Lewis 137 years old. 137 years old!”

HAhahahaha!! One of my ALL time favorite movies.[/quote]

‘he’s right, casius clay was a bad mutha fucka’

‘his momma named clay. Im a call him clay’

Classic.

Putz