T Nation

Rocky Jerking 315

So I saw a couple pics form the new rocky movie, one of him jerking 3 plates and the another of him squatting 5 plates. What’s everyone’s opinion, real or fake?

If it was shots from the movie, I would say fake. They could not afford to have him get injured using real weights. Could Stallone do it for real? Probably. I saw a picture from about 20 years ago where he was doing incline curls with 85 lb dumbells for reps. I think it was in the book “Rock Hard” that nutrition book by Robert Kennedy.

[quote]bellis800 wrote:
If it was shots from the movie, I would say fake. They could not afford to have him get injured using real weights. Could Stallone do it for real? Probably. I saw a picture from about 20 years ago where he was doing incline curls with 85 lb dumbells for reps. I think it was in the book “Rock Hard” that nutrition book by Robert Kennedy.[/quote]

I agree with that.

I don’t know man. Jerking 315 is way harder than incline pressing 85lb dumbells.

Why is everyone hatin on Stallone? He has, or at least had, the kind of physique most could never dream of having. Just because he’s getting old doesn’t mean he can’t lift weights. Hell I bet Arnold could still pull almost that much if he wanted to.

Care to post these pics?

[quote]five-twelve wrote:
I don’t know man. Jerking 315 is way harder than incline pressing 85lb dumbells.[/quote]

Incline curls, not incline press.

To Incline press 85 pound dumbells is easy.

To curl them is much, much harder.

[quote]five-twelve wrote:
I don’t know man. Jerking 315 is way harder than incline pressing 85lb dumbells.[/quote]

I believe he said incline curls.

It will be cool to see these scenes or pics or w/e, fake or real. As a meathead, I like watching people lift heavy especially in todays metrosexual Jude Law Hollywood world where a 200 lb Hugh Jackman is considered HYOOOOOGE.

Just from what little I’ve seen about the new Rocky, Sly looks thicker and bigger than in any of his previous films.

He probably weighed more in Copland, but that was mostly fat.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
Just from what little I’ve seen about the new Rocky, Sly looks thicker and bigger than in any of his previous films.

He probably weighed more in Copland, but that was mostly fat. [/quote]

I thought he looked more massive myself.

Here is the news, guys. Stallone is 60. He is not jerking 315. Not now. And I’ll make an educated guess and say, “Not EVER!” Curling 85s has NOTHING to do with he can clean and jerk 315. I’ve jerked 190 kg. (418). I have never even TRIED to curl 85 pound dumbbells. The two don’t correlate at all.

[quote]Hack Wilson wrote:
Here is the news, guys. Stallone is 60. He is not jerking 315. Not now. And I’ll make an educated guess and say, “Not EVER!” Curling 85s has NOTHING to do with he can clean and jerk 315. I’ve jerked 190 kg. (418). I have never even TRIED to curl 85 pound dumbbells. The two don’t correlate at all.[/quote]

Good to see Stallone still working out and doing his thing after all this time. However, as stated above, he is 60 and he is NOT jerking 315.

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
Care to post these pics?[/quote]

There’s a squatting one here:

http://rockybalboablog.blogspot.com/

But the first time I saw them was on a thread here, not sure which one, so try searching it if you’re interested.

[quote]Hack Wilson wrote:
Here is the news, guys. Stallone is 60. He is not jerking 315. Not now. And I’ll make an educated guess and say, “Not EVER!” Curling 85s has NOTHING to do with he can clean and jerk 315. I’ve jerked 190 kg. (418). I have never even TRIED to curl 85 pound dumbbells. The two don’t correlate at all.[/quote]

He’s a short guy with short arms. Never say never - or in your case ‘not ever’.

[quote]eengrms76 wrote:
Why is everyone hatin on Stallone? He has, or at least had, the kind of physique most could never dream of having. Just because he’s getting old doesn’t mean he can’t lift weights. Hell I bet Arnold could still pull almost that much if he wanted to.[/quote]

No one is hating on him, just wondering if it’s real or not.

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
Care to post these pics?[/quote]

Here is the jerk from imdb

[quote]Djwlfpack wrote:
bellis800 wrote:
If it was shots from the movie, I would say fake. They could not afford to have him get injured using real weights. Could Stallone do it for real? Probably. I saw a picture from about 20 years ago where he was doing incline curls with 85 lb dumbells for reps. I think it was in the book “Rock Hard” that nutrition book by Robert Kennedy.

I agree with that.[/quote]

I agree with most of this statement also…

except that he could actually do that weight…I DONT THINK so…

I am a big fan…so I am not knocking sly whatsoever…

but I saw a behind the scenes clip and it was definitely fake weight…probably had half the real amount so it would look real…but he racked the weight way too easily…

but again for the haters “its only a movie…” its not suppose to be REAL…

when you star in your own movie…go ahead and hate away!

here is the pic of stallone curling 85 …this is real…and yes we know it does not relate to what he squats, benches and deadlift…


here is another pic from the 80’s this looks real as well…

but I think this is a 35lb bar not 45…

so I think this is 175lbs…not bad for guy who weighed around 170 or so…

and again for the haters I dont think stallones goal before filming is to see how much he can bench…its purely about how he LOOKS and nothing else.

He’s perpendicular to the pins… :frowning: