Rocky IV Training Montage...

This is going on my pre-workout playlist.

[quote]Panther1015 wrote:
This is going on my pre-workout playlist.

Funny you mention that, I just got The Rocky Story, a compilation CD, and this is my favorite pre-deadlift song, and I train to the other songs too.

Yes. Even Eye of the Tiger. But I’m a huge Rocky geek.

Cool.
That montage didn’t include the shot where they jab the roids into Drago’s thigh, though.

I remember watching that movie… then going straight to the hairdresser and getting a ‘Drago’ cut.

The main event:

[quote]deanosumo wrote:
Cool.
That montage didn’t include the shot where they jab the roids into Drago’s thigh, though.

I remember watching that movie… then going straight to the hairdresser and getting a ‘Drago’ cut.

[/quote]

The 2nd montage comes after Adriane’s skank ass finally shows up and tells Rocky she believes in him… it’s much better than the first montage.

Oh, and they inject the steroids into Drago’s shoulder, not thigh.

the lesson of the story is that by using isolation movements you can’t win :smiley:

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
the lesson of the story is that by using isolation movements you can’t win :D[/quote]

I thought the lesson of the story was that doing endless hours of unconventional GPP work makes you win.

Heaven knows, CrossFit has produced some of the world’s greatest boxers in the last decade.

I got the Rocky compilation CD awhile back too. It’s motivational. The training scenes in Rocky IV get me pumped up too.

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
the lesson of the story is that by using isolation movements you can’t win :D[/quote]

Drago was doing some hang cleans too :slight_smile:

[quote]AgentOrange wrote:

Heaven knows, CrossFit has produced some of the world’s greatest boxers in the last decade.[/quote]

LOL

Here’s The Lost ROCKY Montage:

This other one should also be a great motivation:

Finally, here’s the classic Rocky II montage:

I get goosebumps with this one :slight_smile:

OK, I lied, I have another one. Apollo training Rocky in Rocky III:

Don’t miss Rocky in a crop-top around 2:20 :slight_smile:

Rocky’s training was more functional, I guess ; ) He must have had John Davies as his coach.

[quote]Bauer97 wrote:
deanosumo wrote:
Cool.

The 2nd montage comes after Adriane’s skank ass finally shows up and tells Rocky she believes in him… it’s much better than the first montage.

Oh, and they inject the steroids into Drago’s shoulder, not thigh.[/quote]

I bow down to your superior knowledge…
A true afficionado.

[quote]deanosumo wrote:
Bauer97 wrote:
deanosumo wrote:
Cool.

Oh, and they inject the steroids into Drago’s shoulder, not thigh.

A true afficionado.
[/quote]

Here’s the second montage. I’ll have to agree with Bauer, it’s even better than the other one I posted:

[quote]deanosumo wrote:

A true afficionado.
[/quote]

Yeah, that’s what happens when you watch Rocky II, III, or IV EVERY single day as your ‘workout music’ as a teenager for about 2 years straight…

I think I could probably recite the entire script from those movies word for word.

[quote]Panther1015 wrote:

Here’s the second montage. I’ll have to agree with Bauer, it’s even better than the other one I posted:

[/quote]

Indeed. I especially like the parts of it including the ridiculous ‘high tech’ diagnostical measuring devices that the Soviets were using, which look somewhat like a touchtone telephone keypad, some blinking lights, and perhaps an original Nintendo controller.

Also, the 12 second concentric lifting phase of what looks like a 570 pound clean & press by Drago is a nice touch…

I thought Rocky’s body raises for reps were impressive. NO PAIN!