Rocky C&J

Just saw Rocky…I dont like the simulated punching with DBs at all, but the other stuff was cool as heck…most importantly doing a clean and jerk!

The catch was rock bottom, too fast to tell if it was really him. The rack was bad when they zoomed in, not enough elbow flexibility it looks like, but the rest was okay for a movie…hahah…i thought it was sweet to finally see a C&J in a big motion picture…along with squats, keg slams, chins, sledge hammer work…i wish they would have made the training portion of the movie longer!!

I wonder who was on the movie that brought in those types of movements instead of the old stand by bodybuilding stuff.

I saw on Youtube him doing simulated C&J with bands, not a fan of that…anyways, was just motivating! Especially since Ive been injured for a year and out of training, made me want to go throw some stuff around old school!

I agree with the training being too short. It was like 5 minutes long!! wtf?? The fight was a bit short too

[quote]bluecollarjock wrote:
Just saw Rocky…I dont like the simulated punching with DBs at all, but the other stuff was cool as heck…most importantly doing a clean and jerk!

The catch was rock bottom, too fast to tell if it was really him. The rack was bad when they zoomed in, not enough elbow flexibility it looks like, but the rest was okay for a movie…hahah…i thought it was sweet to finally see a C&J in a big motion picture…along with squats, keg slams, chins, sledge hammer work…i wish they would have made the training portion of the movie longer!!

I wonder who was on the movie that brought in those types of movements instead of the old stand by bodybuilding stuff.

I saw on Youtube him doing simulated C&J with bands, not a fan of that…anyways, was just motivating! Especially since Ive been injured for a year and out of training, made me want to go throw some stuff around old school![/quote]

Every Rocky movie has been like that.

He did sledge work in Rocky II, he’s always done pushups and pullups, and Rocky IV he was running around Siberia carrying rocks.

Stallone has always done shit like that I think. I love it too.

Yea it was firing me up! My girlfriend at first didnt want to go, thought it would be cheesy, but even she liked it. It was a good movie!!

I might have to watch all the previous ones once I heal from surgery and PRAY I can train hard again…a year away from the platform and rack is killing me…but Ill be ready to get after it if and when I finally am cleared to train again!!!

Good Stuff!! I must say he was looking thick too, much thicker than the earlier movies from what I can remember. Having the training portion be more of the movie would have been nice!!

I haven’t seen the new movie yet, but I must say that over half the reason I watch movies like this (including Kung Fu and other martial arts movies…heck even the Matrix and Star Wars) is to see the training. It always makes me want to train (like after a Rocky movie) or read some book on meditation and Zen Buddhism (after Star Wars or the Matrix)

i hope you dont mind me asking but what was the injury?

My injury? First it was diagnosed as a fissure from squats…didnt heal over time with medicine…had a surgery, doctor botched it bad I think, after seeing more doctors needed fistula surgery, which just praying it cured the issues from the first botched surgery and infection…

If these terms do not make sense to you, Ill basically put it like this…I ripped my rear open squatting, didnt heal, surgery messed up, ended up with two tears in my rear, another surgery, and now crossing my fingers Ill get better and damage is not permanent

[quote]bluecollarjock wrote:
My injury? First it was diagnosed as a fissure from squats…didnt heal over time with medicine…had a surgery, doctor botched it bad I think, after seeing more doctors needed fistula surgery, which just praying it cured the issues from the first botched surgery and infection…

If these terms do not make sense to you, Ill basically put it like this…I ripped my rear open squatting, didnt heal, surgery messed up, ended up with two tears in my rear, another surgery, and now crossing my fingers Ill get better and damage is not permanent[/quote]

Good luck man, injuries suck.

I would of liked to see more training scenes as well. I hope I look that good when I’m 60 years old.

If you notice the guy spotting rocky was Gunnar Peterson.He is a big actor/actress trainer and he has been training stallone for years and the keg lifting and chain raises are what the do in training.He is pretty innovative, Peterson.They do things like squat jumps to a chin up bar and then chin etc.He was in his corner during the fight as well.

damn blue, remebered you said you were injured didnt know it was that bad…heal up bro, best of luck

bluecollar, how does an injury like that occur? Just from squats? Anything that “helped” to have such an injury?