Rob's Oly Log

Beginner oly lifter just posting my training vids here for fun critique or just watch!

I’m in

really discouraging training session felt like everything I was doing was wrong lifts look sloppy too, snatch overhead position seems to be hurting my shoulder for some reason

On your snatches, it looks like you’re trying to puff your chest out and arch your back. That’s no bueno. You want your back tight and strong. The arched position is unnatural.

Also, you’re still thrusting your hips forward and sending the bar forward rather than pushing UP and into the ground. Think about how it would feel as if your shoulders were a hinge and your torso moves with it. Right now, your hips are acting as the hinge.

What about the overhead position hurts? Does it hurt when you catch the bar, from holding it, what?

[quote]nkklllll wrote:
What about the overhead position hurts? Does it hurt when you catch the bar, from holding it, what?[/quote]

yes i cant quite seem to get the hang of the bar drifting, am i not suppose to be leaning bar during the pull?

and I get this pain in between my side delt insertion and bicep when holding overhead and trying to squeeze my scapula back to create the base. I think its from taking too wide of a grip as I am quite short (5’4)so. I feel like i’m built in a similar way as Nicole Lim of cal strength tbh Nicole Lim - Cal Strength Princess - YouTube

I’m going to try your push the ground away cue i think it may really help me thanks

For the grip: just try and make sure that you’re keeping the bar set right around the crease of your hip.

feel like im making bad habits and my technique is getting worse on the snatch thinking i might drop it and wait ~8weeks to get coached

Session 5 115lb clean PR

Snatches were god awful i know