Rob's 2017 Contest Prep Thread

I agree with you 100%, if on replacement therapy, it shouldn’t affect one’s ability to compete. Some circuits, like ANBF, do allow for replacement therapy. WNBF does not, under any circumstances, allow for any supplemental therapy, regardless if it’s replacement, prescription, etc. @BrickHead inquired about this with WNBF, and wasn’t allowed to compete, so he killed it at ANBF instead and won a well deserved pro card!

Hey @robstein any advice for someone who want to learn more about real estate investing?

-What kind of capital is needed?

-What are your thoughts on buying out of state? As a CA resident, real estate is quite expensive.

1 Like

Damn thats a jump! You may not notice anything now, but maybe a bit more down the line. Obviously there’s a heck of a lot more to being a jacked monster than having good T-levels, but I’m sure you’ll probably just feel better all around.

S

1 Like

I was actually highly disappointed to receive a rejection letter from an authority in the WNBF after explaining my situation, even though no one so far, after dozens of theoretical explantations has proven to show that a man on TRT with normal value of testosterone somehow has a leg up on a eugonadal who doesn’t need medication. I’ve heard all the BS. Not one explantation makes sense.

The most common one is that a man will have plummeting T values late in a prep due to overwork and minor starvation (a prep done right, is that, as bad as it sounds) while a medicated man will still have a normal and relatively stable value for T. However, no one has shown that fluctuations in the normal range for T causes loss or gain in muscle.

For there to be such an effect on muscle loss or lack of gain or supraphysiological there has to be hypogonadism (in the low 300’s ng/dl or below) or anabolic steroid use.

There is another issue to deal with, one over which I can empathize with an organization official. That is, the opening of Pandora’s box considering so many men fool around with dosages and timing in order to get a leg up on competition by using more than prescribed amounts by getting T from their doctor as well as another source in the black market or simply getting their hands on more of this controlled substance at inappropriate times by using multiple pharmacies for each prescription, which can give one some more T by overlapping prescribed times.

Couple that with the ability to pass a polygraph test while being dishonest and there can be a problem for the organization.

Unfortunately some goofballs ruin things for honest men who are simply taking medication for a medical disorder.

1 Like

@lucasmon good questions. I’ll try to give a brief answer as this is a loaded question, feel free to email for more details.

Re: getting started - read, educate, podcasts, seminars, read, read, read some more. BiggerPockets.com is a great starting point, I refer to is as the T-Nation of investing. You can learn everything you need to know if you’re willing to take the time, and they also have a lot of great books published by amazing people. Since getting started in investing I’ve been reading 2-3 books a month and listen to a couple of hours worth of podcasts and educational material per day. Take time to read, learn, find one or more mentors to help. I’ve been extremely fortunate to have my dad as a mentor, as well as some other incredible people I’ve met along the way. I’m not an expert by any means, and have only been involved for a little less than a year, but things are moving along well.

Regarding capital, you can get stared with little to none of your own if you learn how.

Out of state investing - this is something I’m just getting into myself as NJ is also quite expensive, especially property taxes. I know CA is too. It’s totally possible to do, but depending on the type of investing you’re doing, it’ll take some extra leg work and having some boots on the ground in the areas you’re working on.

Again, feel free to email.

1 Like

Hello Nation!

Recently tried this chest workout, and WOW, I don’t remember the last time my chest was so sore, or I felt such a strong connection.

I highly recommend you put your biases aside and try this workout start to finish! I especially like the first exercise of squeezing the plate in front of you, the twisting one arm cables, and the last exercise that’s like a modified shrug. Looks awkward, but WOW, what a pump!

How is everything, fat boy?

1 Like

LOL, things are all great over here, thanks for asking! Schedule some travel next month, I’ll be in CO Springs for two weeks (Real Estate), and LA/San Diego for a week after that (band/music), so excited to get back my favorite gyms in the area, get some great work done and keep things moving forward. I’ve been enjoying training more lately now that it’s not my main focus, it’s more of a relief and therapy from the working day.

We’re also trying for our first kiddo, and hopefully will have some good news soon!

How are you @Yogi1?

5 Likes

Sounds great, mate! Still no future plans to squeeze into a thong on stage?

1 Like

Today’s tip is filed under “Places you don’t expect to read about marching bands”…

5 Likes

While I’m not ruling it out forever, it won’t happen any time soon. There are certainly times I miss it (mostly when looking at pictures from prep time, show pics, etc.), but as I know the sacrifices I’d have to make in all other aspects of my life to make it happen, I won’t be competing again any time soon. There’s no way my family life and businesses (which I’m building for my family) can operate to full potential if I’m prepping. Plus, having feelings and eating normally feels too good :slight_smile:

Ha! We are everywhere!!

2 Likes

So you haven’t been natty all along, you have been on that trumpetbolone enanthate!

4 Likes

I just finished a book called The Subtle Art of Not Giving a Fuck by Mark Manson and he speaks about this in general terms. The idea is to care about the important things, like building something for your family, and to not GAF about the little stuff that you might normally otherwise care about. It’s about separating your ego from your daily life. I think he said the goal is small ego, big soul.

It was a quick read and worthwhile.

2 Likes

Great read! I’m actually in the middle of chipping away at the audio book, I’m getting a lot out of it.

1 Like

Ha! The word is out, marching band makes you jacked.

Hey Rob,

Not sure if you remember me, but I’m interested in music composition. It’s there any chance you could listen to a couple of pieces I wrote?

The first one is a progressive rock/metal piece. Please excuse the weird vocals, this is sibelius so the lyrics aren’t dictated:

This is a big band chart with some rock and latin influences:

Just got to Colorado Springs, 2 weeks here then a week in Los Angeles. Just got here to my Airbnb, which means one thing - time to go to the gym and go grocery shopping! Prepared for an ass kicking trip. image

3 Likes

Flex Gym In COS, my home away from home.

4 Likes

Nice very nice