T Nation

Robocop on the Way?

Love this line…“Adbullah said unfortunately, dealing with robberies comes with the territory of owning a gas station in Detroit.”

Drug dealers own whole neighborhoods.

I have see videos of people demanding free shit, but never a city councilman of a major U.S. with her hand out…“City Council member JoAnn Watson said Tuesday the citizens support of Obama in last month’s election was enough reason for the president to bailout the struggling the city.”

What in the world are these people thinking? How does one of the most prosperous cities in the world become literally 3rd world?

“Nearly 75 percent of Wayne County voters pulled the lever for Obama in November.”

This is going to spread, count on it.

[quote]UtahLama wrote:

“Nearly 75 percent of Wayne County voters pulled the lever for Obama in November.”

This is going to spread, count on it.[/quote]

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/don-t-nig-purveyor-paula-smith-says-bumper-185405237.html

I live in an area of Kansas with some open racists (my kinda term for people who aren’t afraid to admit it), unlike the tons who try to pretend they aren’t or really EXPLAIN to you why they aren’t racist. Like I can’t be racist here’s my list of favorite black people ahem, ahem, ahem. But even these people aren’t going around trying to figure out why more blacks aren’t voting the same way as them.

[quote]H factor wrote:

[quote]UtahLama wrote:

“Nearly 75 percent of Wayne County voters pulled the lever for Obama in November.”

This is going to spread, count on it.[/quote]

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/don-t-nig-purveyor-paula-smith-says-bumper-185405237.html

I live in an area of Kansas with some open racists (my kinda term for people who aren’t afraid to admit it), unlike the tons who try to pretend they aren’t or really EXPLAIN to you why they aren’t racist. Like I can’t be racist here’s my list of favorite black people ahem, ahem, ahem. But even these people aren’t going around trying to figure out why more blacks aren’t voting the same way as them.
[/quote]

Agreed.

[quote]UtahLama wrote:

Love this line…“Adbullah said unfortunately, dealing with robberies comes with the territory of owning a gas station in Detroit.”

Drug dealers own whole neighborhoods.

I have see videos of people demanding free shit, but never a city councilman of a major U.S. with her hand out…“City Council member JoAnn Watson said Tuesday the citizens support of Obama in last month’s election was enough reason for the president to bailout the struggling the city.”

What in the world are these people thinking? How does one of the most prosperous cities in the world become literally 3rd world?

“Nearly 75 percent of Wayne County voters pulled the lever for Obama in November.”

This is going to spread, count on it.[/quote]

Can’t be true; Clint Eastwood told me during the Superbowl that Detroit is booming!

I have to agree re:the City Councilwoman. You don’t expect a politician to just come out and say that, even if we all know it’s bandied about behind the scenes.

I was not trying to make this a racial thing at all.

It mearly struck me as ironic that a city that was once one of the greatest in America…has folks in power saying “we voted for you, give us our shit (or bacon)”

And this is not some crazy person off the street that somebody ambushed…this is a city councilwoman JoAnn Watson saying it in open session.

And yes I think that the reason 75% of Detroit voted for Obama is they believed he would give them more money.

[quote]H factor wrote:

[quote]UtahLama wrote:

“Nearly 75 percent of Wayne County voters pulled the lever for Obama in November.”

This is going to spread, count on it.[/quote]

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/don-t-nig-purveyor-paula-smith-says-bumper-185405237.html

I live in an area of Kansas with some open racists (my kinda term for people who aren’t afraid to admit it), unlike the tons who try to pretend they aren’t or really EXPLAIN to you why they aren’t racist. Like I can’t be racist here’s my list of favorite black people ahem, ahem, ahem. But even these people aren’t going around trying to figure out why more blacks aren’t voting the same way as them.
[/quote]

Not claiming race here at all…the vast majority of whites in California voted for Obama and their palms are just as open as Detroit.

My point was, this is what it has come too now…quid pro quo. It’s also the reason we cannot elect nybody who will try and solve the problem.

[quote]UtahLama wrote:

Love this line…“Adbullah said unfortunately, dealing with robberies comes with the territory of owning a gas station in Detroit.”

Drug dealers own whole neighborhoods.

I have see videos of people demanding free shit, but never a city councilman of a major U.S. with her hand out…“City Council member JoAnn Watson said Tuesday the citizens support of Obama in last month’s election was enough reason for the president to bailout the struggling the city.”

What in the world are these people thinking? How does one of the most prosperous cities in the world become literally 3rd world?

“Nearly 75 percent of Wayne County voters pulled the lever for Obama in November.”

This is going to spread, count on it.[/quote]

I can’t imagine living in Detroit. That city is fucked up!

[quote]UtahLama wrote:

[quote]H factor wrote:

[quote]UtahLama wrote:

“Nearly 75 percent of Wayne County voters pulled the lever for Obama in November.”

This is going to spread, count on it.[/quote]

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/don-t-nig-purveyor-paula-smith-says-bumper-185405237.html

I live in an area of Kansas with some open racists (my kinda term for people who aren’t afraid to admit it), unlike the tons who try to pretend they aren’t or really EXPLAIN to you why they aren’t racist. Like I can’t be racist here’s my list of favorite black people ahem, ahem, ahem. But even these people aren’t going around trying to figure out why more blacks aren’t voting the same way as them.
[/quote]

Not claiming race here at all…the vast majority of whites in California voted for Obama and their palms are just as open as Detroit.

My point was, this is what it has come too now…quid pro quo. It’s also the reason we cannot elect nybody who will try and solve the problem.
[/quote]

I apologize if I was putting a view out you weren’t taking. Was just saying that many people wonder why blacks are voting Democratic when one party almost openly admits they support things like the “don’t re-n** shit”.

I lived 15 minutes away from Detroit. Place is a total shit hole. It’s not bad 4 blocks around the downtown core, then it turns into vacants and burned out buildings. Detroiter’s also voted in Kwame. Guy was a straight up thug and had no qualms about it.

[quote]H factor wrote:

[quote]UtahLama wrote:

[quote]H factor wrote:

[quote]UtahLama wrote:

“Nearly 75 percent of Wayne County voters pulled the lever for Obama in November.”

This is going to spread, count on it.[/quote]

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/don-t-nig-purveyor-paula-smith-says-bumper-185405237.html

I live in an area of Kansas with some open racists (my kinda term for people who aren’t afraid to admit it), unlike the tons who try to pretend they aren’t or really EXPLAIN to you why they aren’t racist. Like I can’t be racist here’s my list of favorite black people ahem, ahem, ahem. But even these people aren’t going around trying to figure out why more blacks aren’t voting the same way as them.
[/quote]

Not claiming race here at all…the vast majority of whites in California voted for Obama and their palms are just as open as Detroit.

My point was, this is what it has come too now…quid pro quo. It’s also the reason we cannot elect nybody who will try and solve the problem.
[/quote]

I apologize if I was putting a view out you weren’t taking. Was just saying that many people wonder why blacks are voting Democratic when one party almost openly admits they support things like the “don’t re-n** shit”.

[/quote]

There are just as many racists in the Democratic party as the GOP, it’s just more socially accetable for it to be that way…witness what happened to Stacy Dash when she came out in support of Romney.

I am just sick of the “everbody gets a trophy generation” that is going to entitle us into oblivion.

And I agree, why would anybody vote for somebody who was going to take something away from them…no argument on that here.

[quote]UtahLama wrote:

[quote]H factor wrote:

[quote]UtahLama wrote:

[quote]H factor wrote:

[quote]UtahLama wrote:

“Nearly 75 percent of Wayne County voters pulled the lever for Obama in November.”

This is going to spread, count on it.[/quote]

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/don-t-nig-purveyor-paula-smith-says-bumper-185405237.html

I live in an area of Kansas with some open racists (my kinda term for people who aren’t afraid to admit it), unlike the tons who try to pretend they aren’t or really EXPLAIN to you why they aren’t racist. Like I can’t be racist here’s my list of favorite black people ahem, ahem, ahem. But even these people aren’t going around trying to figure out why more blacks aren’t voting the same way as them.
[/quote]

Not claiming race here at all…the vast majority of whites in California voted for Obama and their palms are just as open as Detroit.

My point was, this is what it has come too now…quid pro quo. It’s also the reason we cannot elect nybody who will try and solve the problem.
[/quote]

I apologize if I was putting a view out you weren’t taking. Was just saying that many people wonder why blacks are voting Democratic when one party almost openly admits they support things like the “don’t re-n** shit”.

[/quote]

There are just as many racists in the Democratic party as the GOP, it’s just more socially accetable for it to be that way…witness what happened to Stacy Dash when she came out in support of Romney.

I am just sick of the “everbody gets a trophy generation” that is going to entitle us into oblivion.

And I agree, why would anybody vote for somebody who was going to take something away from them…no argument on that here.
[/quote]

The Democrats also have racists of course, but one has especially lent itself to as you say socially acceptable in the past few cycles.

The everybody gets a trophy is a societal thing. Blame society from the top to the bottom. Both parties are equally willing to hand things out. Republicans are just as eager to hand out as Democrats are. In terms of defense contracts or farm bills in the past or stimulus checks or expanding medicare. Both parties LOVE big government and HATE it when they aren’t in power. The Left RAILED against the government for doing too much when they were out of power. Don’t hear them now. The Right will clamor about big government now that it’s not them, but did you hear them loud and clear in 06? 07? Where was the “tea party” then? Oh those people were still around…telling people they didn’t “support the troops” if they ever questioned anything the government did.

Both parties LOVE to give away government money to what their people want. But don’t blame the big parties for the everybody gets a trophy thing. Blame parents. Blame a society that wants to sue anyone into oblivion anytime they fuck up. Blame a society that glorifies trash like Jersey Shore or The Hills or My Super Sweet 16 or any other garbage.

Society isn’t losing it’s morals as everyone wants to argue, it’s losing its backbone. We are lazy as fuck and don’t give a shit about hardly anything. We have twitter, delivery pizza, and XBOX 360. We don’t really give a shit about beating anyone out for anything anymore. We sit on facebook and make little jokes about this and that and oh haha funny Obama picture or Romney picture, but we don’t really care. We might get a little annoyed at times, but we don’t have a big enough spine to get angry.

Which is one reason I’m not even remotely fearful about jobs. I’m going to be completely fine. I can show up on time and work my ass off. Most of the people around me can’t do either of those things. I hardly know anyone in real life I’m scared of competing with. I hope it’s not as bad everywhere as it is here in Kansas. I’m surrounded by lazy ass fat slobs.

[quote]H factor wrote:
Which is one reason I’m not even remotely fearful about jobs. I’m going to be completely fine. I can show up on time and work my ass off. Most of the people around me can’t do either of those things. I hardly know anyone in real life I’m scared of competing with. I hope it’s not as bad everywhere as it is here in Kansas. I’m surrounded by lazy ass fat slobs.
[/quote]

Its that way everywhere man. I worked my way from VA to CO and it was ridiculously easy to stand out. I’m not even that driven of a worker I’m just competent. Sad fact…

This is not a left or a right problem…this is a give me some free shit for my vote problem.

More Detroit’s will emerge over the next 10 years…shit is not going to get better.

And like you said, I am going to be fine…I am just sick as hell of subsidizing lazy ass people (both left and right).

[quote]UtahLama wrote:
This is not a left or a right problem…this is a give me some free shit for my vote problem.

More Detroit’s will emerge over the next 10 years…shit is not going to get better.

And like you said, I am going to be fine…I am just sick as hell of subsidizing lazy ass people (both left and right).[/quote]

I agree and I wonder how many people reinvest in themselves anymore? There is an abundance of free programs online that teach coding, key boarding, and everything else for that matter. The Khan Academy teaches endless topics to people of all ages and all they have to do is go to the website. How many people read anymore or are media literate? If people do read how often do they read topics that do not confirm their world view?

[quote]nickj_777 wrote:

[quote]UtahLama wrote:
This is not a left or a right problem…this is a give me some free shit for my vote problem.

More Detroit’s will emerge over the next 10 years…shit is not going to get better.

And like you said, I am going to be fine…I am just sick as hell of subsidizing lazy ass people (both left and right).[/quote]

I agree and I wonder how many people reinvest in themselves anymore? There is an abundance of free programs online that teach coding, key boarding, and everything else for that matter. The Khan Academy teaches endless topics to people of all ages and all they have to do is go to the website. How many people read anymore or are media literate? If people do read how often do they read topics that do not confirm their world view?

[/quote]

You make some good points…in the everybody gets a trophy mentality, trying to better yourself and the need to defeat and beat others to be successful is stifled.

[quote]UtahLama wrote:
…this is a give me some free shit for my vote problem.
[/quote]

Lobbying

[quote]BlueCollarTr8n wrote:

[quote]UtahLama wrote:
…this is a give me some free shit for my vote problem.
[/quote]

Lobbying
[/quote]

Lobbyists have been around since the Continental Congress…the problem is the entitlement generation who thinks that the government exists to take care of them.

[quote]H factor wrote:

I live in an area of Kansas with some open racists (my kinda term for people who aren’t afraid to admit it),
[/quote]

Send them to Youngstown Ohio with me , we will se if they hide it :slight_smile:

I say health care should be a luxury America can afford. The free market does not exist in Health Care .

Ohio, pitt?