Roberts' Cycles for TRT?

[quote]MichaelOH wrote:
Here we go again- Roberts on upregulation:

[/quote]

But is that true, or is there simply a time delay between T receptor stimulation and the growth that occur after the gene expression is triggered?

Another way to look at this is to ask if the stoppage of the T will cause the altered gene expression to reverse instantly.

T starts a process that then runs independant of the presence of T, with its own clock.

[quote]MichaelOH wrote:
FuriousGeorge wrote:
you felt worse on test?

maybe there is another problem (estrogen?)…

After the 1st few weeks I did. I suspected that it was Estradiol but I began arimidex and did it from mid Feb till end of March without improvement. Mostly at 1mg EOD or 2x week. I did mostly 100 mg/week T Cyp. Some have said they thought T cyp was just too low.

[/quote]

What was your e2. You may have driven your e2 too low, which can cause many of the same problems as high e2.

[quote]KSman wrote:
MichaelOH wrote:
Here we go again- Roberts on upregulation:

But is that true, or is there simply a time delay between T receptor stimulation and the growth that occur after the gene expression is triggered?

Another way to look at this is to ask if the stoppage of the T will cause the altered gene expression to reverse instantly.

T starts a process that then runs independant of the presence of T, with its own clock.
[/quote]

Welcome to the fray!

According to B Rob recovery of endogenous T comes very quickly after a cycle which lasts only 2 weeks or so, but comes much slower after longer cycles. As one piece of evidence he offers his observation that one maintains his gains easily after a short cycle, but not after a long one. If a delay in the effects of T account for the 1st result how can it be reconciled with the 2nd?

[quote]keaster wrote:
What was your e2. You may have driven your e2 too low, which can cause many of the same problems as high e2.

[/quote]

Well I was feeling like a girl even before I began the AI, so I dont think that was it at least initially. I did not have E tested. Not makin that mistake again. About to buy the LEF Blood Test and then decide where to go after I get the results. Then I will have a baseline to measure the results of whatever I try next.

[quote]MichaelOH wrote:
keaster wrote:

Well I was feeling like a girl even before I began the AI, so I dont think that was it at least initially. I did not have E tested. Not makin that mistake again. About to buy the LEF Blood Test and then decide where to go after I get the results. Then I will have a baseline to measure the results of whatever I try next.

[/quote]

The LEF blood work sale is on till the end of the month.

[quote]KSman wrote:
MichaelOH wrote:
keaster wrote:

The LEF blood work sale is on till the end of the month.
[/quote]
Considering that I have never had exrensive blood work, but also considering that I have no health issues at all other than trying to recover my Test would you think it advisable to pop for the $224 Male Hormone Panel or do just T and FT ($75), and the Estradiol ($25)?

I have also considered doing the Hormone panel first and then following up with just the Test and Estradiol work down the road.