Robert Pattinson Refuses to Train for Batman

I think the idea is that he’s supposed to win fights.

Not without the suit, right?

Speaking of winning a fight without a suit. Has anyone else seen John Henry on Netflix?

Batman’s suit doesn’t help him much. He has to be a martial arts expert, parkour/climbing pro, being strong, endurant and fast

He’s got money. Get a better suit!

1 Like

Isn’t Batman the very definition of a lazy fuck lol? He lets Morgan Freeman run his business empire while he sleeps all day and runs around in a Bat costume at night.

1 Like

Like him or hate him, Batman has always been able to beat (some) people up, and he shouldn’t be skinny. He wasn’t created that way, and despite people adding some weird stuff to his suit over the years, his suit has always mostly just been a suit. But yeah, Bruce Wayne’s a douche.

fat man

Not scary!

A bit gross - but a not scary.

2 Likes

Pattinson looks like a pipsqueak, although I think he could appeal to the modern pipsqueakers and play an emo Batman if he put on 10-20 lbs. The suit will also add another 10 lbs.

What makes me more angry is that he making his decision political.

tweet

If the dude wants to make his decision political, he should acknowledge that he only got the role because they were willing to hire any random white dude, and the producer musta mistaken vampires with Batman.

Is ‘being asked to train’ just code for ‘asked to get juiced to the gills’?

2 Likes

Good point.

I have no issue if he decided not to juice, but for the love of God make him eat a burger and 5x5 some squatz.

tweet

1 Like

Looking at the Dark Knight, shooting is about 5-6 months, post production 2-3 months and 4-6 months to release.

Release date for this film is October 2021. That’s not many months between now and when shooting would need to start.

Not saying you can’t go from couch to looking good with no top in 3-6 months doing 5x5 but getting to 180-190lbs ripped-ish probably has some implications…

I’m predicting a pseudo-arthouse Batman movie which will look a lot like Let Me In with a lot of brooding and existential angst.

3 Likes

Robert Pattinson has opened up about body image for men in Hollywood in a brand new interview…
Pattinson was filming Matt Reeves’s The Batman when the quarantine was announced and, when asked if he’s keeping to his strict fitness regime put together by a personal trainer, he said he’s ignoring instructions because it sends a bad message.
“I think if you’re working out all the time, you’re part of the problem,” he said, referring to his fellow Hollywood actors.
“You set a precedent,” he continued, adding: “No one was doing this in the 1970s. Even James Dean – he wasn’t exactly ripped.”

Look, I respect his willingness to address the issue of body image for men in Hollywood, but… it’s Batman. Come on.

1 Like

Yeah, he had to know upfront what he would be expected to look like. A bit of a dick move to take the cash then play this card.

Even if he didn’t, a billionaire playboy whose life is going to parties, fighting bad guys with his super high-tech invention, all while not working is less realistic/achievable than any physique this guy needs to produce.

Perhaps the next superhero movie can be about an overweight, ugly guy who has a middle management office job. He gets stuck in traffic but still manages to get home on time and have a warm meal with his family or a fat chick who overcame looking at a magazine to finish her bowl of Lucky charms.

3 Likes

Are we saying that he won’t look realistic in a comic book film? :joy:

Ever see Sean Connery playing a Spanish fella in Highlander?

1 Like

What’s the rationale here? Nobody being paid millions of dollars to play a part has to try to look the part anymore? And why is everyone, Pattinson included, bringing up movies and actors from 40-50 years ago?

Furthermore,

You will not speak ill of Highlander.

Seriously though, people are making me crack up here. Let’s just cast skinnyfat people as every Marvel character in all the movies since Iron Man and see how well received it is, or how superhero-y they look. Like it or not, these are superheros. They’re supposed to look somewhat strong.

5 Likes

The guy who became famous playing a vampire and is now hoping to play a multi billion dollar playboy is worried that hitting the gym a bit and choking down a salad or two creates “unrealistic expectations for guys”. No way in hell any of us could look like we lift, but becoming a mythical creature or owning billions in un-earned funds is fine. Because realism.

It’s necessary. Let it all crash and burn.

2 Likes