Robert Pattinson Refuses to Train for Batman

So apparently he is refusing to train.

Is this the Batman the world needs?

tweet

1 Like

The world needs laughter. They should make him sparkle too.

2 Likes

Seriously, isn’t Matt Reeves(War for the Planet of the Apes, Let Me In) directing the new Batman movie? I don’t think it’ll be bad at all.

What’s the expectation of his employer? Do they expect him to have a certain look for the role and he’s saying screw you, or do they not really care?

I would think the expectation of his employer would be “look like there’s a 1% chance you could not get murdered in the first 5 seconds of a fight”, and this guy’s response was “I think if you’re working out all the time, you’re part of the problem. You set a precedent. No one was doing this in the ’70s. Even James Dean — he wasn’t exactly ripped", which has an element of truth to it, except that unless we’re doing Adam West’s Batman again, you could stand to maybe not be 6’1, 165# by the time filming rolls around.
Nobody says he has to come in like Christian came in, but this is just laziness and self righteousness disguised as activism.

7 Likes

Batman is an awful character. Rob is taking him to his most logical conclusion.

2 Likes

Not setting unrealistic expectations for men is a weird hill to die on for someone who’s only famous role is as a vampire.

4 Likes

All they really need anymore are human sock puppets with those motion ping pong balls and a cube farm of cgi artists.

3 Likes

We still have a chance for Mickey Rourke to play Batman in Frank Miller’s Dark Knight Returns.

2 Likes

Indeed he’s just a lazy fuck. You don’t want to get jacked to play Batman? Don’t fucking play him! What’s next?

No I won’t gain weight to play Churchill. No I won’t sing to play a singer. No I don’t have to be black to play Nelson Mandela

3 Likes

That’s another point - if we’re doing things like the '70s, you get the special effects they had then, not what we have now. If you’re doing CGI, you’re just part of the problem.

Sometimes I run in slow motion while going “Di-di-di-di… Ba-na-na-na-…”. Karate chop hands also help. More aerodynamical.
:joy:

My school raises them!

1 Like

SHHHHH! :shushing_face:

They all think they’re gonna work for Google.

1 Like

He’s just looking out for all the body doubles in LA trying to get a meal. Truly an altruistic act if there was one.

1 Like

“You’re part of the problem.”

What problem? Wanting an character that’s going around knocking the crap out of people and abseiling / climbing everywhere to look like they can fight, abseil and climb?

2 Likes

They could spin it.
Batman’s new appearance lulls enemies into a false sense of security

Carl approves

1 Like

Steve Austin taught him that!

:joy:

1 Like

As a non-comic book fan, I don’t understand why Batman has to be jacked. Isn’t he just an emo Iron Man with a less advanced suit and a silly cape?

2 Likes