T Nation

Robert Burneika Makes MMA Debut

He is a beast although his fighting needs a lot of work.

Does anyone know if he is done with bodybuilding?

Considering he may have some of the biggest arms in the NPC, he can move pretty good.

People will watch just because of the spectacle.

The guy he was fighting was just trying to tire him out…which at that size probably doesn’t take much.

I highly doubt he’s done with bodybuilding, i listened to an interview with him and dave palumbo and this fight was mainly just a big cash grab as he is a huge celebrity in poland. He even told Palumbo he wasnt planning on doing any kind of training for the fight.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Considering he may have some of the biggest arms in the NPC, he can move pretty good.

People will watch just because of the spectacle.

The guy he was fighting was just trying to tire him out…which at that size probably doesn’t take much.[/quote]
He’s an IFBB pro

[quote]GrindOverMatter wrote:
I highly doubt he’s done with bodybuilding, i listened to an interview with him and dave palumbo and this fight was mainly just a big cash grab as he is a huge celebrity in poland. He even told Palumbo he wasnt planning on doing any kind of training for the fight.[/quote]

Interesting. Training or not it is still impressive to take time out to fight MMA in between everything else.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Considering he may have some of the biggest arms in the NPC, he can move pretty good.

People will watch just because of the spectacle.

The guy he was fighting was just trying to tire him out…which at that size probably doesn’t take much.[/quote]

I agree. Burneika clearly gassed very early.

Surprised he didnt gas from the ring walk lol:P

Gotta love Burneika though. Dude’s got charisma. Which is more than what can be said about most other bbing pros.

He did that fight just for fun and money. He said it’s not his sport, so he’s not done with bodybuilding.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
The guy he was fighting was just trying to tire him out…which at that size probably doesn’t take much.[/quote]
Ha, that dude, Najman, is the same guy who fought Mariusz Pudzianowski in his first mma fight a few years ago.

It ended up the same way, too. Circle, evade, run, get rushed/tackled, tap out due to strikes.

I will point out that I seriously doubt Burneika has a waist under 32" in the off season.

Good for him winning the fight, although I just want to point out that he looks absolutely ridiculous the entire time.

Like a giant toddler fighting or something.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
I will point out that I seriously doubt Burneika has a waist under 32" in the off season.[/quote]

Are you really this insecure? lol. Ah, how I have missed prof X posts.

[quote]mr popular wrote:

Like a giant toddler fighting or something.[/quote]

hahaha, perfect description IMO.

he’s a big guy but this is pathetic. he cant fight, just some random kicks and punches like a drunk guy in venice beach

Burneika has his own fighting style and technique that is adapted to his huge pumped muscles… with such a huge bodybuilder’s body he would never be able to use boxing or BJJ technique… but all that matters is to win, and he did. If nice technique doesn’t help you to win it’s useless… He was able to force that boxer to fight the way he wanted.

He effectively kicked low kicks, effectively blocked boxer’s arms with his palms, and didn’t allow the boxer to punch him, as soon the boxer got close to his range he got low kicked, blocked and attacked… well done, I would not expect anything better from a pro bodybuilder. It seems that bodybuilding with some minimal sparing experience could be useful even for fighting with quite serious opponents…