T Nation

Robby Robinson

Looks amazing for a 60 yo. Looks amazing for any age actually.

Very inspiring. I like when he said, “You cannot listen to the voices around you, listen to the voices within you”.

Wow, i cant believe that Robinson is still in such great shape, i love it when i see the guys from the golden age who have kept up with it.

On the other end of the spectrum, think of what Mike Katz looks like now.

He was in a magazine a few years back shooting a workout with Chris Cormier and they were taking turns doing deadlift sets with like 550 or 600. One of my favorite bodybuilders of all time. I think he even beat Zane in the Vaccuum pose.

[quote]WS4adumbastard wrote:
Wow, i cant believe that Robinson is still in such great shape, i love it when i see the guys from the golden age who have kept up with it.

On the other end of the spectrum, think of what Mike Katz looks like now.[/quote]
…or Ken Waller for that matter, however Robby, Serge Nubret, and Big Lou (all alumni of the “Pumping Iron” film) are still looking jacked these days…(Robby has earned his tendency towards mild arrogance IMO)…No matter how accomplished, there will always be some dim bulb complaining about their legs and such…

[quote]Blacksnake wrote:
WS4adumbastard wrote:

On the other end of the spectrum, think of what Mike Katz looks like now.
…or Ken Waller for that matter, however Robby, Serge Nubret, and Big Lou (all alumni of the “Pumping Iron” film) are still looking jacked these days…(Robby has earned his tendency towards mild arrogance IMO)…No matter how accomplished, there will always be some dim bulb complaining about their legs and such…
[/quote]

For some reason i cant think of any recent pictures of Serge, his chest was just rifrickendiculous back in the day though, and he was one of those lucky bastards who basically didnt have a pre-contest diet, so i can see him staying in condition, thanks greatly to genetics.

Looks amazing.

Oddly enough, according to his website, his first competition, he placed 2nd… to Ellington Darden, who post High Intensity Training articles here.

I’ve never seen a 60 year-old that looks like that.

He looks like he’s 30.

[quote]WS4adumbastard wrote:

On the other end of the spectrum, think of what Mike Katz looks like now.[/quote]

Can you post picture of Mike Katz then and now?

[quote]EmperialChina wrote:
I’ve never seen a 60 year-old that looks like that.[/quote]

I was going to suggest Sylvester Stallone until I saw the video itself. Wow.

Yep, he absolutely looks great.

I had never heard him speak before. Now that I have I find his message to be very similar to dave draper. It seems that a lot of the old school bodybuilders had a healthier, or at least longer term, view of bodybuilding.

This phoucer looks young for 40YO never mind 60YO.

Unreal… 60?! Sweet thundering Jesus, I gotta get me that DVD!

That was incredibly inspirational. Most men 30 should look half as good as him at 60.

I like his message, it makes a lot more sense than today’s ‘more is better’

When I first started training he had the physique which inspired me. He was of course very muscular but he also had that athletic look that made you believe he could do something other than pose. That’s the first time I believe I’ve heard him talk as well, and he comes across as articulate, thoughtful and intelligent.