T Nation

Roast Beef Shake

I love talking movies. I like trading obscure facts about movies with other movie fans. One fact (or internet rumor) is Edward Norton drank roast beef shakes during his training for American History X.

What I would like to know is, how does one go about making a roast beef shake. Just roast, water and a blender?

Heh?

Cooking the beef depletes the meat of its nutrients. If it was up to me, I would just take the beef and put it into a blender/food processor/juicer. MMMM....toasty!

Pretty much. A friend I used to work with came in one day with a pork chop/mashed potato smoothie. It was pink and I refused to get close enough to smell it.

Ask tiribulus to see a picture of his glop. Its awesome he lives on liquefied, jarred 'fuel'.

I know a lot of people that throw a can of tuna in their shakes. They say it doesn't taste bad, but I'm not going to try it myself.

OH yeah baby!! Calorie dense, nutritious and convenient.

Dude....what the fuck?

How does one go about making a shake like this?

Id try the tuna but that as far as Id go!

I tried this personally

burned up my blender though so I got a new better quality one .

anyways the slp itself wasnt bad at all
I had spinich,tomatoes,lean beef,olive oil,celery
water to mix it with and it was actually good

On this http://www.T-Nation.com/tmagnum/readTopic.do?id=2136955&pageNo=2 page

I could never try that.

Only if my jaw was wired shut would I consider blending beef (forget about tuna!). Seriously, how much convenience do we need?

It takes me literally about 60-90 seconds to eat several big spoonfuls of my glop and a couple fish oil caps. Everything is in there and it digests with ease. Anywhere I go I have it with me and it takes a few seconds to get some quality complete calories from whole food. Taste means next to nothing to me.

What does your glop consist of?

In awe of this shake, I ran it through nutritiondata.com's custom recipe calculator, and here's what came out:

Per Serving (so multiply x 3 to get the full batch)
Cal 1268
Fat Cal 777

Fat 88g
Sat Fat 19
Trans 2
Omega 3 10 g

Carb 29 g
Fiber 10 g
Sugar 5

Protein 91 g

Vitamins and minerals below, you need to add the values from the multivitamin in yourself. This shake's creation is should be a national holiday.

Amounts Per Selected Serving
%DV
Vitamin A
IU
217%
Retinol
mcg

Retinol Activity Equivalent
mcg

Alpha Carotene
~48.9
mcg

Beta Carotene
~1849
mcg

Beta Cryptoxanthin
~29.6
mcg

Lycopene
~0.0
mcg

Lutein+Zeaxanthin
~3226
mcg

Vitamin C
mg
72%
Vitamin D
~647
IU
~162%
Vitamin E (Alpha Tocopherol)
~7.1
mg
~35%
Beta Tocopherol
~0.1
mg

Gamma Tocopherol
~7.1
mg

Delta Tocopherol
~0.6
mg

Vitamin K
~164
mcg
~204%
Thiamin
mg
34%
Riboflavin
mg
138%
Niacin
mg
108%
Vitamin B6
mg
93%
Folate
mcg
81%
Food Folate
mcg

Folic Acid
mcg

Dietary Folate Equivalents
mcg

Vitamin B12
mcg
539%
Pantothenic Acid
~6.7
mg
~67%
Choline
~663
mg

Betaine
~48.5
mg

Wanna try that shake.

In the beginning of the Arnold S movie "End of days", hungover Arnold wakes up and makes his way to the blender. He pours in a bottle of pepto bismol, along with milk, ice, and basically every random piece of food he finds in the fridge, including two cartons of leftoever chinese food, which he casually scoops the contents of into the blender while having a conversation with his partner.

Then Arnold looks down at the floor and sees a slice of upside down, moldy pizza. He studies it, shrugs, and then picks it up and throws it in the blender, puts the top on, blends everything together, and takes a sip, commenting "They say breakfast in the most important meal of the day."

I don't know about all that, but it works great for my purposes.

I don't push eating out of the food processor too much because it's not necessary and most people won't do it anyway, but I was thinking about this short post for some reason.

I bet if more people got used to having all their food in one place like this and saw how easy it makes it to get good solid food quickly more would do it. It is the perfect solution for these guys who say they have trouble getting enough calories.