Road to Portland

Hopefully this picture will be the right size for the forum.

Here’s a pic of Mike demonstrating his formidable … huh sorry … his FANTASTIC balance!

Patricia wrote:
Yoshi calling Jason, " 'tard". That was pretty funny.

Okay Patricia, time for a public confession. You worked with Yoshi for WEEKS to get him to say that. You admitted as much at our breakfast at the Heathman. Along with trying to get him to call Joel a freak. So, how did THAT one turn out?

Sounds like a good time was had by all.

The T-Hostel is now officially closed.

Thank you for your patronage.

Definately a good time. I look forward to the next T-fest.

Hey thanks for posting that picture Christian. That belongs on my website!

Mike

More or less in chronological order:

1)Waking up Machine to pick up jaytruly at the San Jose train station at 2am in the morning and getting on the road.

1. Driving over a very large deer at 6am as the final crowning acheivement of my morning driving shift.

2. jaytruly almost getting tackled because you can’t pump your own gas in Portland

3. No sales tax in Oregon! I bought a 99 cent sausage sandwich at McDonalds and it cost me 99 cents. I’m still amazed!

4. Meeting many, many forum folks whom I’ve only had a cyber relationship with.

5. Going to 24hr Fitness and acting like every person we generally make fun of (Joel is the exception as he is on the road to 300 and actually had to do a real workout). We had no workout plan, took long rest breaks and talked a lot, sat on equipment and the dumbbell racks, etc. But at least we knew that it was wrong.

6. Barley Mill Pub - awesome food and an amazing sight to watch us all eat. Machine took the prize for this night.

7. Totally bailing off Mike’s indo board as I thought, “this can’t be that hard”. Please practice on grass before you try pavement - just a little FYI for future indo board users.

8. Eating Ko and Rumbach’s awesome food.

9. Meeting Christian in person - he’s huge, ripped and very nice, not to mention his sweet accent.

10. Christian’s refreshingly new information that he presented at the beginning of the workshop. Good stuff he’ll hopefully share to all in future books and articles.

11. Using the heaviest kettlebell in the room (aside from Mike and jaytruly used the same size). I’ve gotta promote the few times in life, where I’m gonna lift more weight than some of the guys there.

12. Drop and give me 25! Or drop and give me 50 since you’re an instructor (sorry Dan).

13. Barley Mill Pub again - this time the big eating award went hands down to Mike.

14. “Scratch, Scratch” - JoJo was awesome!

15. Joel eating fig newtons and fruit roll-ups, puttin on socks, moving, using the 26 lb kbell - Joel was basically pretty funny all the time or at least looked funny doing it, but we love you bro. BTW, I don’t have your camera.

16. “Party of ko”

17. The journalism major :slight_smile:

18. Driving home while all of us were awake and not hitting any more deer.

Big thanks to Christian and Mike for a great workshop; Pat and Ko for hosting the party; Rumbach and Ike for helping host the party and everybody else for showing up and being extremely cool.

You’ll pay for that, Thibaudeau. :wink:

And here we have the “Official T-Shower”.

Someone had messed up the “NICE ASS” that I had posted…Just thought it would be funny to find out how many would read that and then instantly look around. But the “T-Nation” was a good substitute.

The MM/CT Portland Workshop Group in all their glory.

One half of the group at the dinner afterwards.

Take note: Machine.

This time, we’ll get Kong (Jamie) in there.

Take note: Machine. He’s still eating.

I’m jealous…New Jersey sucks.

The “other” table of the group.

Take note: Joel. Looking lost. I think it’s due to him NOT eating at THAT moment.

“Hey Mike, balance THIS!!!”

Bedtime at the T-Hostel.

Notice the unique perspective of Joel’s feet/shoes. Makes them look larger than Jaytruly’s head.

And of course, Ike is still glowing.

Oh, just another pic of bedtime.

If you look far in the back, you can see Jason still trying to get JoJo’s attention to give him (JoJo) a “scratch, scratch”. Once Joel was on the floor; the day was over. Done. No more moving; unless he was hungry and needed to eat. Which was often. ;-))

What’s wrong with this picture? Why does Joel need every chair in the neighborhood to sit on? And why does he look so awfully proud of this?

Discuss.

Here’s who was left Sunday after the workshop.

Left to right: Machine, Joel, Jaytruly, Jason
In front: Me (Patricia) and Ko.

I just like to add that the group photo above was taken by a very, calm young man who was using a nearby shoulder equipment. He remained calm after we ALL spotted him and instantly pointed, yelling, "HE can do it!!! And right away threw no less than 6-cameras his way.

Jaytruly, since you have not chimed in here, how about this quote from this past weekend:

“Whoa…dog’s pretty dense…How far do you think you can throw it?”

And…“BUMP”. There’s gotta be more to add here.

By “group” photo, I meant group photo of ENTIRE worshop group in the gym.

Sorry for any confusion I may have caused.

“worshop” is one letter away from both “workshop” and “worship”. I wonder if there’s a connection. Hmmm…