I've Got A Bar And I'm Not Afraid To Use It - Pinkylifting Log

Welcome back man. Let’s kill it in the new year

1 Like

305kg PB to end 2018

https://www.instagram.com/p/BrTJK98AKl8Ze9pys8BLpWtWZq6LOHwviIwL-A0/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1gcki0g5lyf5d

1 Like

Wow. Nice pull man. That’s huge! (I’m also just seeing your 300kg pull now as well)

I guess you and I are in a race for the 700lb pull! I just hit 307.5kg at the end of November.

We won’t concern ourselves with the minor detail that I compete as a 100kg lifter…

1 Like

Ha thanks man. Well I won’t even pretend I had another 2.5kg in the tank on that one, you got me.

Ain’t no weight classes in the jungle. Let the race begin!

1 Like

Week 1 Workout 2

Bench Press
127.5 x 6
127.5 x 6
127.5 x 6

Squat
175 x 6
175 x 6
175 x 6

Seal rows and reverse hypers for GPP.

Damn those squats were TOUGH. Last set basically RPE 10. Going to have to be patient on the strength recovery.

Hey Pinky welcome back.
Awesome pull man.
Everytime I see you strong guys just pull all them plates of the floor I’m very impressed.
I’ll sit here in the background cheering you on.

2 Likes

Week 1 Workout 3

OOF this was a tough one. But hitting my percentages and, hopefully, recovering back to full strength. Hopefully be completing these with a rep in the tank left next week.

Bench Press
135 x 4
135 x 4
135 x 4

Deadlift
255 x 3
255 x 3. Just

Using my new PR to calculate working set percentages hurting me on the Deadlift.

1 Like

Max transfers to reps different for different people. Maybe you hit maxes better than reps. My squat is like that, me bench about right and my deadlift better at reps.

Definitely feels true for me, squat and deadlift I feel like I’m much better at Maxes than reps. Bench usually about right, maybe slightly better at reps.

Yo Pinky - High Bar vs SSB? Any advice?

For what?

For training, the way high bar hits you in the core it cant NOT be good for training. Its also super comfortable on your shoulders, elbows etc if you are feeling a little beat up. Far out from a contest it would 100% be in my weekly training schedule.

High bar is my off-season low bar, in that longer range of motion and less joint stress means better training effect and I can hit more volume, but the carry-over to competition squat is enough im not worried about losing it.

2 Likes

To expand further, I would 100% include SSB squats, but I wouldn’t do only SSB squats. I would keep some high bar in the weekly lifting to keep the motion primed.

PH4 Week 1 Workout 4

Squat
185 x 3
185 x 3
185 x 3

TRX chin ups and Dips for GPP

Better than expected after yesterday. Was expecting lower back to give up on me.

Week 2.

Took a week off with illness again, this program really is progressive so, given I was only at week 2 I’m restarting week 1 so I can get a roll going.

Week 1 Workout 1
Squat
165 x 7
165 x 7
easier than last week, was super gassed on rep 6 and 7 though, think my belt was too tight to breathe between reps.

Bench
115 x 7
115 x 7
Super super easy.

Deadlift
217.5 x 5
217.5 x 5
Doing a conventional and a sumo rep on warmup sets, just to start building a conventional foundation. Bar was super stiff but these felt OK.

Sumo rows 100 x 12 x 2
Ring Dips BW x 10 x 2
Ring Chin Ups BW x 8 x 2

Overall not bad for a hungover workout

3 Likes

Oi I patented this.

Ha! Child I was kicked out of a gym for doing these in 2013. ( I had the bar on a bench to make loading easier, I made the mistake of dropping the bar back down onto the bench after the set and the bar bent irreparably)

But stick with them, dey good.

1 Like

Jeez you’ve been lifting a while. About time to bust out the walking stick I think

I started 12 years ago, not sure if thats long or not.

So 2 weeks in and I’ve bitched out of PH3. It injured me at the end of last year and I already feel my shoulder flaring up again. The intensity just absolutely destroys my joints.

Switching back to Sheiko to take me up to comp.

For comparison today’s workout under PH3
Bench 3 sets 6 reps at 80%
Squat 3 sets 6 reps at 80%

Today’s workout under Sheiko
Bench 6 sets of 3 reps at 80%
Squat 5 sets of 3 reps at 80%

Same volume but night and day difference on my joints.

2 Likes

Workout I actually ended up doing.

Bench Press
127.5 x 6
127.5 x 6
127.5 x 5

Squat
165 x 3
165 x 3
175 x 3
175 x 3
175 x 3