I've Got A Bar And I'm Not Afraid To Use It - Pinkylifting Log

So I’ve gone and done it.

Bought membership to a tested federation and found a meet relatively near me.

I have until March 2nd to prepare! Weigh-in March 2nd. Lift March 3rd.

2 Likes

but you’re too juicy

Smooth!

Juicy glutes are legal :wink:

1 Like

GPP Day

One arm KB Rows - 32kg - 74 reps each side 15/12/12/10/10/15

KB Towel Hammer Curls - 32 KG - 60 Reps 12/10/10/8/8/12

AB Wheel + 10kg Vest - 71 Reps 15/12/12/10/10/12

Weighted Vest Good Mornings - 3 Sets x 20 reps.

Actually did some ‘mobility’ work. Defranco’s agile 8 and some T Spine rotations.

1 Like

3 ct pause bench press
111kg x 6 rpe 8
111kg x 6 rpe 8
111kg x 6 rpe 8.5
111kg x 6 rpe 8.5
111kg x 6 rpe 9

3 ct pause squat
151kg x 4 rpe 8
151kg x 4 rpe 8.5
151kg x 4 rpe 9

Still not sure about my squat width.

Finished up with some cheeky curls and extensions.

Going to be short on time this Friday, so instead of the normal workout im going to work up to some singles on each lift, a mini 1RM test @ rep 9 - 9.5.
See where I stand goin forwards

Might be a good indication of what my openers could be at.

Hoping for 185 / 145 / 240
If I can get 200 / 150 / 250 Ill be very happy with myself, but the squat might be too much of an ask.

1 Like

What kind of jumps do you plan to make when warming up?
Maybe treat this like a meet and do SBD in that order and give yourself 3 attempts (or maybe two because RPE 9-9.5)

I was gping to warm-up as per usual unless you reccomend something else?

By which I mean 5’s to 55% 3’s to 75% and singles from there until a single feels ‘close’.

I like the idea of meet style, as you say probably wont go for a third lift, not looking for RPE10, so will be 1-2 lifts depending how easy/hard the first feels.

5s or 3s or 1s per warm up set depending on the percentages is all well and good but doesn’t tell much about the jumps. Like if you added 20kg each set as you warmed/worked up you’d be needlessly using a lot more energy than if you went 1 plate, 2 plate, 3 plate and so on.

So maybe less work in warming up if you can. the goal is to warm up sufficiently/effectively and use as little energy as possible to save it for your big weights. I like to start doing singles as soon as possible, warming up and practicing that first rep over and over.

Warming up to lift doesn’t take much, maybe a couple of reps with the bar and a plate bot counting mobility stuff before it if you do. Warming up to acclimatise to heavy weights in preparation to lift 1RMs can be thought of as a seperate thing pretty much and takes even less. Singles or doubles can acclimatise you plenty well with appropriate jumps while saving energy for the lifting that matters

Yea don’t worry my warm up definitely not overkill.

eg yesterday for a 111kg bench work set

bar x 8
60kg x 5
90kg x 3
100kg x 1
111kg x 6.

Im also definitely not doing it by %, they were just ballparks.

for a single it would look similar to the above except remove the x6 and do
120 x 1
135 x 1
145 x 1

then maybe another single depending how 145 feels.

Mini Test day.

Squats.
30kg x 5
50kg x 5
80kg x 3
110kg x 1
130kg x 1
150kg x 1
170kg x 1 felt easy
190kg x 1 PR

Rpe 8.5

Easily had 200+ in me but lower back felt tender today so leaving the gas in the tank for later.

1ct Bench Press
20kg x 8
60kg x 5
90kg x 3
110kg x 1
130kg x 1
140kg x 1
150kg x 1 PR
Rpe 9.5 close to max, maybe another 5-7.5kg in me.

Deadlift
60kg x 5
100kg x 5
140kg x 3
180kg x 1
200kg x 1
220kg x 1
250kg x 1

was running out of time so skipped 230 and 240.

260kg x 1 PR (with straps)

Rpe 10.

Almost pulled my calf on that deadlift, which is a new experience to say the least, not sure why I was leaning forwards.

But 3 gym PR’s and Im very satisfied. 600 total and definitly had 610 maybe 620 in me.

5 Likes

pinky just jumped on the PR bandwagon! All the kewl kids are hitting PRs this week!

Good job man.

1 Like

@guineapig i know you be mirin’ my bench :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Mirin. If you don’t already squat in a decent pair of sleeves and get another 20kg.

Also you ever find that gay bar you were looking for?

Nah, Seems they just arent as common around here as they are in Auz. :thinking:

No cheat sleeves allowed in my raw division.

I think I have a lot left in the tank for the squats, so rusty on the movement pattern that I didnt want to take it close to failure until I have a ‘grove’

2ct pause Squat
160kg x 4 rpe 9
150kg x 4 rpe 8
150kg x 4 rpe 8.5
150kg x 4 rpe 9

2ct pause Bench
120kg x 6 rpe 9
110kg x 6 rpe 7.5
110kg x 6 rpe 8
110kg x 6 rpe 8.5
110kg x 6 rpe 9

Close Grip Bench Press
100kg x 5 rpe 9
95kg x 5 rpe 8
95kg x 5 rpe 8.5
95kg x 5 rpe 9

Good session. Felt strong. Ran out of time for Deadlifts so will do them with GPP tomorrow.

Still unsure about squat stance, tried 3 different widths and all felt equally (un)comfortable.

Will probably go with the more narrow stance, flet harder on thw quads, and probably a bit weaker, but a more vertical back is something I can personally appreciate. I don’t want another ruptured disc.

2 Likes

Strong lifts as always maybe one day I’ll be there. Inspiration

Lol bad luck. I choose a more vertical back squat myself because I hate the feeling of getting bent over in the squat. It may load up the quads but that makes it simple to get stronger. Bigger quads = squat gains

Maybe try playing with toe angle as well. I think for different hip structures some toe angles will feel better and some will even cause impingement. My toes point out so my knees go out and that’s comfy for me

Reinjury or more injuries are scary. I think Layne Norton injured himself again. If you look at his squat you can’t really be surprised

Ha the Layne Norton super weighted good morning. No absolutely not surprised.

Yea Im actually lucky with toe placement in that there is only one angle that lets me hit depth, no matter the width.

But yea Ill probably go with narrower stance, if the 70kg Oly lifting guys can overhead squat 200+kg with narrow stance its gotta be scaleable.

1 Like

Y’all fans or Jason Blaha or someshit? lel

I think Layne might be a little bit insane to keep lifting like that. Like the bad insane not the “train insane or remain the same” thing.