T Nation

Road To A 800 Pound Deadlift


#1

Im dedicating my whole life to this and I will have it I just turn 18 and I am 6foot5 242 pounds bulking up to 308 pounds will be updating you guys with my progress Im buying a home gym so I can yell throw weights and go insane in my basement I will do what ever it takes get yo 800 pound deadlift. I will have it. if you ever meet me you will know im stubborn son of a bitch and little bit to self minded!

800 POUNDS IS MY


#2

same. GL


#3

Good luck brother !


#4

Good luck. I wouldn’t suggest you dedicate your whole life to it though, as it’s just one lift and not even a world record… If you get to that point and find you have problems in other areas (of lifting or life in general) will you really be happy with that? I think working on some other lifts and having other goals is likely to help you a lot; after all, building that level of strength takes time, what are you going to be doing while you wait? Yeah you can train more and eat more etc., but at some point you’ll have free time. Use it.


#5

[quote]Neversayno wrote:
Im dedicating my whole life to this and I will have it I just turn 18 and I am 6foot5 242 pounds bulking up to 308 pounds will be updating you guys with my progress Im buying a home gym so I can yell throw weights and go insane in my basement I will do what ever it takes get yo 800 pound deadlift. I will have it. if you ever meet me you will know im stubborn son of a bitch and little bit to self minded!

800 POUNDS IS MY

[/quote]

What are your lifts currently? All raw


#6

Good luck!


#7

Ok cool


#8

Usually you don’t enter a road or a race to certain lift unless you are reasonably close. I am on a road to a 655 deadlift.

If you don’t deadlift 700 or 750 yet get out of this thread. Joking.


#9

[quote]jasmincar wrote:
Usually you don’t enter a road or a race to certain lift unless you are reasonably close. I am on a road to a 655 deadlift.

If you don’t deadlift 700 or 750 yet get out of this thread. Joking. [/quote]

There IS a degree of truth to every joke, just saying.


#10

Just a reminder bro short term goals make long term goals. I was just like you. I was stuck at a 180kg barrier and couldnt get heavier cause i wanted a 220k badly. Until i started having small goals like maybe a 5kg increment a month or so did i start making progress. Now im already chasing for a 6 plate goal. You’ll get there bro, just dont forget to take it slow


#11

Neato Mosquito.


#12

what are you pulling now? I wouldnt get your hopes up and dedicate your life to pulling 800 if you cant pull 500,600,700… I just pulled an easy 655, then got 700 to my knee and im not even worrying about 800 until I get a clean 700


#13

[quote]GodlyCadaver wrote:
what are you pulling now? I wouldnt get your hopes up and dedicate your life to pulling 800 if you cant pull 500,600,700… I just pulled an easy 655, then got 700 to my knee and im not even worrying about 800 until I get a clean 700[/quote]

I pulled a hamstring getting out of bed once. Probably my biggest pull yet.


#14

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

I pulled a hamstring getting out of bed once. Probably my biggest pull yet.[/quote]

Damn, have you thought about getting a different bed??


#15

[quote]scoots2 wrote:

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

I pulled a hamstring getting out of bed once. Probably my biggest pull yet.[/quote]

Damn, have you thought about getting a different bed??[/quote]

I just sleep on the floor now. The extreme back and neck pain I get from sleeping on hardwood helps me to ignore hamstring injuries


#16

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]scoots2 wrote:

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

I pulled a hamstring getting out of bed once. Probably my biggest pull yet.[/quote]

Damn, have you thought about getting a different bed??[/quote]

I just sleep on the floor now. The extreme back and neck pain I get from sleeping on hardwood helps me to ignore hamstring injuries[/quote]

Endeavor to persevere :slight_smile:


#17

Why stop at 800? Why not a solid 1000?


#18

Wait 800 is your what?

Don’t leave us hanging OP!


#19

What is the OPs current deadlift? Or even better, current vs where s/he started?


#20

OP whats your current DL and how do you plan to get there? seems to me like you got a little too hype from a pete rubish vid haha. start with small goals and don’t neglect your other lifts!