Road To 210

Hey everoyne, how many months do you think itd take to weigh up to 210. I’m 175, right now, lean. How many months…and this would be if I started out eating around 3-500-4000 calories, and eventually upped it to 5500. Food would be from meats, eggs, protein shakes, pop tarts, cookies, TONS of hamburgers, and shit like that. I really wanna do this, and am willing to do WHATEVER it takes. I wanna be able to deadlift 500 or more by then also. I don’t know what my max deadlift is, and I only know that I usually warm-up and do 315x5 for 2 sets, 345x5, and then 360x5 (touch and go for the 360x5).

I’m looking for the right support and would appreciate all thoughts and if this is acheivable (gaining weight, and the deadlift)…I’d be training using the WSFSB…but there would be 2 leg days instead of just 1. AND ONE question…it says I go up to a max effort of 3-5 reps…is that an all out 3-5 and just warm up then hit the 3-5rep max…or would it be better off to do a couple sets with a very heavy 3-5 reps?
THANKS TO ANYONE WHO POSTS and I HOPE TO GET PICTURES UP AND EVERYTHING!
This is a promise to myself to accomplish this.

If this truly has become a priority in your life, nothing can stop you.

I say this because you will work hard and bust your ass. You will eat until you gain weight. And if things are not working, your burning need to accomplish your goals will have you reading for hours until you find the answers.

That being said, the 3-5RM is supposed to be a MAX. It is an all out effort, and you give it everything you’ve got that day. Just make sure you warm up adequately and get enough volume in so that you grow. Start with 1 set of the 3-5 max and see how that works out. You can always try another and see how it works.

And the answer for how long it will take…there is no possible way to know. But it will not matter if you will stop at nothing to achieve it.

Good luck.

-MAtt

Well, you want to gain 35lbs. But how much of it muscle? It will take a lot longer to gain mostly muscle than mistly fat.

Either way it’s hard to tell as we dopn’t know your body.

Please buck the trend in this forum and save your “before” pictures until you have your “after” pics.

Otherwise, best of luck to you. Remember, it doesn’t matter much what you do in that first month when you’re super motivated, what matters is what you do in months 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, etc. Consistancy is at the root of all success in weightlifting.

To limit fat gain, keep your weight gain at 1 to 1.5 pounds per week. Start out with cals= 18 x body weight. If you don’t gain after a week or two of that go to 19 or 20.

for what it’s worth, i was around 172 when i was 20, and relatively lean , i also did regular cardio… about 15-20 km/week?

i’m now 24, 210, still relatively lean <i’m killing pizza and soda all the time…>, and much stronger than i ever was before.

it’s a gradual process over time. and i can tell you this, when you hit 210 you won’t just be bigger and more developed physically, but also mentally. it’s very very very doable.

just don’t sweat the small shit and think long-term. and focus on progression in your strength over time. if you’re not getting stronger over time, you’re not building muscle.

focus!

oh ya i do zero cardio right now. only some ellipitical before and after training. but then again, i’m not trying to recommend you follow that example. if you’re got the time and the will, do some cardio as well alongside your training.

but for what it’s worth, i ditched cardio in my quest for size. and it worked. but then, maybe i would’ve made better progress if i would’ve incorporated an appropriate amount of cardio into my training over the past few years?

cardio has it’s place in any training program geared towards gaining size and strength.

I was 178 in May '05. I hit 210 around January '06. Now I’m up to 225. I do a full body w/o 3x’s a week. I’m 6’4".

Just to give you an idea…

Awesome gains Tachnem. I can do this…I think if I do everything properly I’ll be able to achieve this in 6-8 months. I’m 16 years old. It’ll get done. I’ll post before pics, and after pics when it is done. Thanks everyone.

those that have hit 210lbs at a height of around 5’9"-5’10"…question for you…
back when you were 175 or so, didnt you think youd be huge at 200, and then 210? and then when you hit 210lbs, youre just like shit, apparently i need to be 225lbs to be big…crazy.

im at 200lbs right now at 5’9", best was 210lbs, from 174lbs. im on my way back up, hopefully ill pass that 210 mark this time, and get a little closer to my idea of big…and no im not a BBer, just want to be “big” and strong…sorry for hijack.

oh, i see whats goin on here…please, proceeeed.

Well about the height thing…I’m 5’7 or 5’8. One of the two…so if I bulk to 210 I think I’ll look pretty stocky. PLUS I’m only 16 years old, so I’m sure by the time I’m 20-25 I’ll just be bigger overall. I do train MMA as I’ve posted that info. before. So if I want to compete it’s prbably not the best idea to be a heavyweight at 5’7 or 5’8 lol. But either way…I hope this big gain in weight doesn’t fuck up my speed for stand up fighting because they want to send me in the advanced class already. What do you guys think about my punching and this much weight gain?

[quote]dl- wrote:
Well about the height thing…I’m 5’7 or 5’8. One of the two…so if I bulk to 210 I think I’ll look pretty stocky. PLUS I’m only 16 years old, so I’m sure by the time I’m 20-25 I’ll just be bigger overall. I do train MMA as I’ve posted that info. before. So if I want to compete it’s prbably not the best idea to be a heavyweight at 5’7 or 5’8 lol. But either way…I hope this big gain in weight doesn’t fuck up my speed for stand up fighting because they want to send me in the advanced class already. What do you guys think about my punching and this much weight gain?[/quote]

Generally, the shorter/stockier you are the nastier you are as a grappler bbut worse you are as a striker. Max strength also comes more into play as a grappler than it does as a striker so you should probably focus on grappling.

[quote]KombatAthlete wrote:
dl- wrote:
Well about the height thing…I’m 5’7 or 5’8. One of the two…so if I bulk to 210 I think I’ll look pretty stocky. PLUS I’m only 16 years old, so I’m sure by the time I’m 20-25 I’ll just be bigger overall. I do train MMA as I’ve posted that info. before. So if I want to compete it’s prbably not the best idea to be a heavyweight at 5’7 or 5’8 lol. But either way…I hope this big gain in weight doesn’t fuck up my speed for stand up fighting because they want to send me in the advanced class already. What do you guys think about my punching and this much weight gain?

Generally, the shorter/stockier you are the nastier you are as a grappler bbut worse you are as a striker. Max strength also comes more into play as a grappler than it does as a striker so you should probably focus on grappling.[/quote]

also, if he bulks to 210, he can diet to 185, and cut to 170.

but, that is a long ways off

Approx. 2 weeks.

Well that sucks abotu the striking thing, because I’m a striker, I do submission wrestling and such…am pretty good…but I just love striking a lot more, I don’t know if its completley true though…I think that I may lose some speed…but if I’m stronger at 210, and train plyometrically…and work the heavy bag n such, I think i would provide a nasty punch…what do you guys think?

16 years old and you want to get to 210lbs at a nice body fat level at 5’7 5’8. That would be huge! realize that you will hopefully grow in the next couple of years. I don’t think you should focus on weight specifically as ideally you want to move slowly up the weight classes as you get taller. your goal is to learn technique of the various arts and to get naturally stonger and more powerful. Once you stop growing a few years down the line you then can make the conscious decision of which class to fight in and how it affects your performance.

30lbs of muscle in a short amount of time will tax your body very heavily. unless your other endurance training and power training are on point you will lose a lot of performance pound for pound. It took me 3 years after i graduated college to put on 30lbs of muscles but i kept my physical abilities.

that’s my opinion on the matter. laters pk

Well by the time I’m 210, I see what your saying…I wanna be able to deadlift 500 by then, bench 330…cause I can do 285 right now, and squat around 400. I guess I’ll just take it easy on the bulking…its july now…ill make my goals shorter…and be 195 by november…sounds good to me.

.ill get before and after pics when the process is complete. OH and i dont think I’ll grow much taller :(!!! Because my dad and me are pretty much the same height, and I’m taller than my mom. So i think im gonna pretty much stay a shorty.