Road to 100 Bodyweight Back Squats.....COMPLETE!

I have had a goal that pops in and out of my training every once and a while for the last few years: 100 body weight back squats in one set. I started training for it again recently and hopefully this time I will actually attempt it, and even more hopefully complete it. Here is the beginning-

145 x 101 145 pound Back Squat x 101 reps - YouTube

225 x 50 Back Squat 225 x 50 - YouTube

190 x 101 Body Weight Back Squat x 101 reps (190 lbs) - YouTube

Body weight aprox 190

Dude, if u do that, you are THE man. Good luck. Have EMS on standby. Lol

that power cage makes you look miniature

That’s an awesome idea. Keep at it.

I can’t get to U Tube but if you are hitting parallel or below that is pretty cool. How tall are you?

Never mind, I looked at your profile, 5ft10in…like I said below that is impressive depending on depth.

wow…ouch…i almost threw up watching that…haha…and whats with that cage? is that for pro basketball players or something??

[quote]vlandsponger wrote:
wow…ouch…i almost threw up watching that…haha…and whats with that cage? is that for pro basketball players or something??[/quote]

It is from the University of Colorado. It is a Custom Samson Cage. It is pretty ridiculous.

[quote]fattymcfatso wrote:
I have had a goal that pops in and out of my training every once and a while for the last few years: 100 body weight back squats in one set. I started training for it again recently and hopefully this time I will actually attempt it, and even more hopefully complete it. Here is the beginning-

145 x 101 145 pound Back Squat x 101 reps - YouTube

225 x 50 Back Squat 225 x 50 - YouTube

Body weight aprox 190[/quote]

Can’t see WHY you’d want to, but thats just me; you want to so thats the justification. Good luck!

Dude that looks like Paul Bunyan’s power rack.

Good luck with the squatting. Sounds brutal.

I assume you have seen this:

http://www.marunde-muscle.com/videos/sarge218lbsbw218lbsquatX98reps.wmv

[quote]malonetd wrote:

http://www.marunde-muscle.com/videos/sarge218lbsbw218lbsquatX98reps.wmv [/quote]

That was my inspiration man! That video is such a testament to the amount of abuse the body can take if the mind is strong enough to let it.

[quote]fattymcfatso wrote:
malonetd wrote:

http://www.marunde-muscle.com/videos/sarge218lbsbw218lbsquatX98reps.wmv

That was my inspiration man! That video is such a testament to the amount of abuse the body can take if the mind is strong enough to let it.[/quote]

I figured so. I don’t know where anyone else would get the crazy idea to try for 100 squats. Good luck.

Dude, your turkish 135 lb get-up is impressive. Not really relevant, but I respecognize.

How sore were you after the 50 reps?

Have done 285 x 28 reps and was sore as shit. It was the begining of football camp…not a good idea.

very nice work. good luck hitting 100!

Wow…That is the equivalent of a strength ultra-marathon.

What would be a strength triathalon? Some kind of bench/squat/DL based on bodyweight?

Probably a poor analogy on second thought.

That’s brutal.

Sort of inspired though. I might aim for 50 reps first.

[quote]Free2Be wrote:
I can’t get to U Tube but if you are hitting parallel or below that is pretty cool. How tall are you?

Never mind, I looked at your profile, 5ft10in…like I said below that is impressive depending on depth.[/quote]

I watched the video the depth is solid

When I opened this I thought you meant no weight and I was preparing to call you out for a stupid goal.

Your goal with the weight looks brutal.,

Good luck with that, man.

your hands must have went numb…

oh and i’m interested to know how much muscle you’ll gain in your legs.