Road Rage

[quote]hedo wrote:
If he hit you in the back you can’t possibly be held accountable. [/quote]

Unfortunately, some insurance companies now hold the vicitm’s of a rear-end collision 15% liable JUST for being on the road. It’s stupid considering that the police automatically cite the the rear-ender for following too closely and the victim is almost never considered at fault legally.

It is really to bad that it could not be proved that he hit you intentionally. Reckless endangerment of a child is what should go on the ticket.

[quote]BarneyFife wrote:
It is really to bad that it could not be proved that he hit you intentionally. Reckless endangerment of a child is what should go on the ticket.[/quote]

Exactly. He followed me for a while without me even knowing it (the side mirrors on bikes aren’t exactly all that helpful for what’s directly behind you, especially if you have wide shoulders) and then starts honking his horn like he lost his mind right at the intersection. It was two lane street so I made my way into the street and then slowed down so I could turn and see what the damn problem was. That was when he rear ended me. The thing is, he could have easily gone into the other lane if his goal was to pass me. Like I told the cop, I’m glad I did try to stop because if he had followed me further down the street a) there would have been fewer witnesses and b) the chances of me being in a serious accident go up the faster we would have been going.

He put his kid at risk and the fact that the car wasn’t even his makes it even more stupid.

After two hours of waiting in the sun (after I did cardio this morning and hadn’t eaten) I didn’t even bother fighting for why the cop had me at fault in any way.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
hedo wrote:
Professor X wrote:
jp_dubya wrote:
hope you are OK. did you get a license number? You going to pursue it?

He tried to drive off but I got off the bike and jumped in front of his car (he was driving a rental). By then there were several witnesses and one of the guys driving by on a motorcycle at the time happened to be an off duty cop. There was minor damage because we weren’t driving that fast. A report was filed but I figure it will cause my insurance to go up when the damage isn’t significant. the dumbest thing is the guy has his kid in the car with him in a child seat. I was already pissed to the point of wanting to choke the dude until I saw his kid watching the whole thing so I tried to calm down.

The weirdest thing is there is more damage to his car than to my bike.

That sucks Professor. Glad you didn’t get hurt.

Your insurance shouldn’t go up. If he hit you in the back you can’t possibly be held accountable. He was moving when he hit your from the rear. You should not have any blame in this incident. Make sure the police report reads clear that he hit you. Your insurance should go after him for all the charges including your deductible.

The cop wrote the report stating that he committed a violation by hitting me and that I committed a violation by stopping right before he hit me. He was riding my ass and honking (mind you, I didn’t even know he was following me until he started blowing his horn and we were about 1/6 of a mile from where he thinks I cut him off in front of the store). I stopped my bike to either let whoever the idiot was go around me or to see what the honking was about (this was right at the stop sign going into the street. Because of the way he wrote it, neither of us got a ticket but because the other guy was renting his car, he will have to pay for the damages.

The only thing hurt on my bike was that he bent my license (which was easily bent back to its original shape) and he pushed my left rear signal light out of its plastic housing (this was easily pushed back in). Like I said, his car actually had real damage. No one looking at my bike would even know anything happened now.[/quote]

Wow that really sucks ass. Your probably better off not reporting it since the damage was easily fixable.

Minivans…

[quote]keaster wrote:
Hope your are alright prof. Did he not see your size?[/quote]

No, of course not. The professor had his pants zipped of course.

I see the problem and I see the solution. You said that you hadn’t ate, and you spent two hours in the sun?. Think, you have got a disgusting asshole that rear ended you, the hood to the van, and a couple of fatbody cops. And you know how hot the hoods of vehicles get. Sounds to me like you got the workings of either some frying or a barbecue going on right there.

The weirdest thing is there is more damage to his car than to my bike.[/quote]

Karma. Since it’s a rental, I’m assuming his is in the body shop from a different encounter.

By the way, what’s a fine, upstanding pillar of society, a gentleman such as yourself, doing at a Wal-Mart?

Protein powder or fish oil?

Happy to hear you are okay.

[quote]Arms Afire wrote:
Professor X wrote:

Karma. Since it’s a rental, I’m assuming his is in the body shop from a different encounter.

By the way, what’s a fine, upstanding pillar of society, a gentleman such as yourself, doing at a Wal-Mart?

Happy to hear you are okay.[/quote]

Their meat is cheap. Plus they get the new dvd’s before anyone else has them on the shelf due to being open 24 hours a day.

Why pay $1.25 for a dozen eggs when Walmart has them on sale for 95 cents? Sam’s Club and Walmart are a bodybuilder’s best friends.

Road rage is gay, but it did grant me with a great story. My mother and I were once road raged by a US Senate candidate when I was like 11 or 12.

[quote]Arms Afire wrote:
Professor X wrote:

Happy to hear you are okay.[/quote]

Is wal-mart not considered an ok place to shop? I buy, uh, everything from there actually.

[quote]BarneyFife wrote:
Is wal-mart not considered an ok place to shop? I buy, uh, everything from there actually.
[/quote]

You have to, its your states law.

[quote]BarneyFife wrote:
Arms Afire wrote:
Professor X wrote:

[/quote]

Good man. There is apparently some political hype about shopping there. These are things you get to ignore when you don’t watch tv. Their prices are better than most places. I couldn’t care less if it is because of illegal alians or anything else. People don’t seem to have these issues when they are buying their new Nikes and jeans over the internet that are sewed together by 5 year olds in India.

Hitting you was stupid.

What happened to good ol’ middle finger and yelling “you fucking asshole!”

[quote]PGA200X wrote:
Hitting you was stupid.

What happened to good ol’ middle finger and yelling “you fucking asshole!”[/quote]

It is a lost art. There is such elegance in screaming, “You bitch ass fuckwad!!” while going 60mph on the freeway. I think throwing the bird has lost its appeal in favor of pretending like you are a badass until someone actually forces you out of your car.

Arms Afire wrote:
Professor X wrote:

Their meat is cheap. Plus they get the new dvd’s before anyone else has them on the shelf due to being open 24 hours a day.

Why pay $1.25 for a dozen eggs when Walmart has them on sale for 95 cents? Sam’s Club and Walmart are a bodybuilder’s best friends.[/quote]

Maybe it’s where I live, at WM the produce sucks and is higher priced, the meat is better quality and cheaper elsewhere. I do buy frozen wild salmon, eggs, and egg whites there cheaper than elsewhere. Usually nuts. The nearest Sam’s is about 50 miles away.

[quote]PGA200X wrote:
BarneyFife wrote:

You have to, its your states law.[/quote]

Actually, the poorer members of Kansas society shop at these little stores called Dollar General and Family Dollar.

I had 1, only 1 incident of road rage.

I was near a local u (nova) and this college age kid is gonna merge into me, i tapped, literally tapped my horn to let the guy know i was there. he slowed flipped the bird gave a loud “F**k You” and buzzed away. He didnt notice the light ahead had just turned red leaving him and i door to door. I flipped out, to me theres nothing more cowardly than the FU drive off. In my neighborhood FU is a fight. So i get out and start yelling @ this kid to say it again. Then i catch myself, standing in the middle of the road, yelling @ an idiot. I felt so dumb, i never let it happen again. I try not even to get mad while driving.

A month ago im on the Schuykill experssway, im on the rail in the left lane, blocked in by a car on my right. This car pulls behind me, on my bumper, honking for me to move. When im finally able to move he pulls up and throws something out his passenger window @ my car.

First it scared me, then a moment later RAGE. Then i recall that im in almost the exact same spot where a woman was murdered 3 years ago in a road rage incident. I let him go and forgot about it. Getting killed by some idiot over a traffic incident is SO not worth it.

Glad to hear there was no damage to you or your bike X.

This forum needs the Xfactor to keep it live.

Peace

Well… sorry to hear about that, glad you’re ok.

So… how does one manage to buy 42000 calories worth of food for the week and bring it all home on a motorcycle?

PGA200X wrote:
Hitting you was stupid.

What happened to good ol’ middle finger and yelling “you fucking asshole!”

It is a lost art. There is such elegance in screaming, “You bitch ass fuckwad!!” while going 60mph on the freeway. I think throwing the bird has lost its appeal in favor of pretending like you are a badass until someone actually forces you out of your car. [/quoWell, I always make sure to give the “thank you wave” when someone is courteous enough to let me in.

A few weeks ago I went to the lake w/ my friends and their 2 kids. Some punk teenager cut us off and we nearly rear ended him. My friend blasted the horn and the kid flipped us off and acted all stupid like we were the retards. So my friend grabbed a chapstick and threw it at the kid’s back glass. Then the kid kept showing off and flipping us off and driving stupid to taunt us so my friend, w/ his wife, 2 girls, and I in the vehicle, chose to drive erratically and freak the kid out by nearly hitting him. He screamed at the kid the whole time, too. His wife was hiding her face in her hands asking if we were gonna die. The kids, ages 2 and 4, were sitting in their carseats, buckled up, as if nothing was happening. The kid happened to be going the same direction as us, flipping us off the entire way, acting stupid, so my friend pulled over and screamed at him about stepping out of the car and dealing w/ the situation. The kid kept driving and I yelled at my friend. We went on our way and I wondered the entire time if I’d made the right decision in going to the lake w/ them that day.

I grew up in an abusive home and that experience left me TERRIFIED.

But the chapstick part was hilarious.