T Nation

RNC 2012

We’ll see how it goes. I’m sure they’ll find some way to fuck it up. The republicans always do.

CS

[quote]CSEagles1694 wrote:
We’ll see how it goes. I’m sure they’ll find some way to fuck it up. The republicans always do.

CS[/quote]

Actually, that’s not even close to being true. The republicans usually have very good conventions. I have no idea why you would even say that.

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]CSEagles1694 wrote:
We’ll see how it goes. I’m sure they’ll find some way to fuck it up. The republicans always do.

CS[/quote]

Actually, that’s not even close to being true. The republicans usually have very good conventions. I have no idea why you would even say that.

[/quote]

Pretty much everything they’ve just said is a lie. Follow factcheck.org on Twitter and you’ll know.

CS

[quote]CSEagles1694 wrote:
We’ll see how it goes. I’m sure they’ll find some way to fuck it up. The republicans always do.

CS[/quote]

I thought both Ann Romney and Chris Christie delivered good, competent speeches.
I couldn’t watch Santorum except for a few minutes, then he just got too annoying.
I had to switch off CNN’s Wolf Blitzer in the car on the way home from work…all he wanted to talk about was Ron Paul not getting his votes read – who cares?

[quote]CSEagles1694 wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]CSEagles1694 wrote:
We’ll see how it goes. I’m sure they’ll find some way to fuck it up. The republicans always do.

CS[/quote]

Actually, that’s not even close to being true. The republicans usually have very good conventions. I have no idea why you would even say that.

[/quote]

Pretty much everything they’ve just said is a lie. Follow factcheck.org on Twitter and you’ll know.

CS
[/quote]

Well, that’s easy to say as well. Much like your original statement. Why don’t you just list all the lies that were told last night. In fact, just name 10 of them.

Let’s see what you got.

[quote]Sweet Revenge wrote:
I thought both Ann Romney and Chris Christie delivered good, competent speeches.
I couldn’t watch Santorum except for a few minutes, then he just got too annoying.
I had to switch off CNN’s Wolf Blitzer in the car on the way home from work…all he wanted to talk about was Ron Paul not getting his votes read – who cares?[/quote]

That’s because Wolf Blitzer is in the tank for Obama and has been over the past several years. So, if he talks about Paul and not the RNC he is in his own little way driving a stake between the RNC and the Paul followers.

And that is one reason why it will be most difficult for Romney to defeat Obama regardless of the lousy economy or almost anything else.

Ann Romney hit it out of the park last night. This is a woman who is not a professional speaker keep in mind. But her cadence and voice inflection was exceptionally good. She did shed light on the fact that she and Romney worked very hard for what they have (surprise). And that is something that the Obama smear machine must have hated because their tactic to pit rich vs poor doesn’t work when the facts are brought to light.

If you humanize the rich guy and explain that he gives a great deal to charity and worked very hard to gain what he has it takes the teeth out of their class warfare attacks. Isn’t that nice that we have a President who wants to divide the country based on rich vs poor? Okay that’s another thread…

Artur Davis (the man who seconded Obama’s nomination for President four years ago)was very powerful indeed. A former democrat who supported Obama in 08’ has jumped ship and is now a republican. If you can google one speech make it this one!

I thought Chris Christie’s speech was good but I think he should have mentioned Romney more. It was almost like he was running for President touting all of his accomplishments. But over all it was good as he brought the attention back to the many problems that we have, the one’s that Obama has made worse, like the huge debt for example. And he, not unlike how Paul Ryan has been on th stump, spoke about making adult decisions and not playing the game as it has been played by Obama and company.

Over all it was a very good night for the republicans and a very bad night for Obama.

Two more nights of this and I’m hoping for a 6-8 point bounce for Romney, of which about half that may stick after the DNC has their convention.

This election is going to highlight how the American dream went from being about hard work and earning your dreams to being lazy and being given everything.

The question is, which dream will win?

[quote]ZEB wrote:
Ann Romney hit it out of the park last night. This is a woman who is not a professional speaker keep in mind. But her cadence and voice inflection was exceptionally good. She did shed light on the fact that she and Romney worked very hard for what they have (surprise). And that is something that the Obama smear machine must have hated because their tactic to pit rich vs poor doesn’t work when the facts are brought to light.[/quote]

Agreed. She was great.

Yep, really dug Davis’ speech. His invitation to 08’ Obama supporters was really well done.

As you say, the message (making tough, responsible, adult decisions) was one we can’t hear enough of. But yeah, having followed Ann, I was surprised he wasn’t ‘selling’ Romney more. It DID feel like he was using the opportunity to sell himself at a national level. Again, good speech, but a little ‘off’ considering Ann’s theme (Romney) prior.

I know that the GOP is probably worried about a repeat of 92’…but I would REALLY like to see them push to try and keep more of Paul’s votes in the party…young folks tend to swing left, especially if they feel like Paul is getting the shaft at the convention.

[quote]Sloth wrote:

Yep, really dug Davis’ speech. His invitation to 08’ Obama supporters was really well done.

[/quote]

I am glad Christie did great, I REALLY loved it when he ripped into our governor Jerry Brown. This shithead is so old, he doesn’t even know that he is trying to raise taxes on the middle class when Christie called him out for it.

Also, WHAT IN THE BLUE FUCK is my mayor doing at the RNC ? Another fuck-stick on a mission to “take on stupid wherever it exists.” Since he ruined the city of Los Angeles, left LA with a $258 Million deficit, and a $26 Billion unfunded pension liability, why in the holy hell is he there trying to give advice when he has been a pure fucking FAILURE for the last 7 years ?

[quote]CSEagles1694 wrote:
We’ll see how it goes. I’m sure they’ll find some way to fuck it up. The republicans always do.

CS[/quote]

And this delightful bit

[quote]groo wrote:

[quote]CSEagles1694 wrote:
We’ll see how it goes. I’m sure they’ll find some way to fuck it up. The republicans always do.

CS[/quote]

And this delightful bit

[/quote]

Obviously those sources are untrusted since the address does not contain foxnews.com

[quote]sufiandy wrote:

[quote]groo wrote:

[quote]CSEagles1694 wrote:
We’ll see how it goes. I’m sure they’ll find some way to fuck it up. The republicans always do.

CS[/quote]

And this delightful bit

[/quote]

Obviously those sources are untrusted since the address does not contain foxnews.com[/quote]

Like you’re saying something original?

We all know that there is no fair media anymore. I actually tried to find it and I’ve not been able.

One of the talking heads on MSNBC said about Ann Romney’s speech, “It was awful she didn’t help her husband a bit…” I would have been surprised if I was listening to a fair media source (which I cannot find). But as we all know MSNBC, CBS, NBC, ABC, The New York Times, Time Magazine (And Harpers as well where you got that swell article), and much social media both print and Internet is in the tank for Obama.

And yes FOX News and much of talk radio is obviously pro Romney.

So save the snide remarks about FOX news you’re about 10 years too late. Everyone knows where each of the media falls and you add nothing to the discussion with these stupid comments.

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]sufiandy wrote:

[quote]groo wrote:

[quote]CSEagles1694 wrote:
We’ll see how it goes. I’m sure they’ll find some way to fuck it up. The republicans always do.

CS[/quote]

And this delightful bit

[/quote]

Obviously those sources are untrusted since the address does not contain foxnews.com[/quote]

Like you’re saying something original?

We all know that there is no fair media anymore. I actually tried to find it and I’ve not been able.

One of the talking heads on MSNBC said about Ann Romney’s speech, “It was awful she didn’t help her husband a bit…” I would have been surprised if I was listening to a fair media source (which I cannot find). But as we all know MSNBC, CBS, NBC, ABC, The New York Times, Time Magazine (And Harpers as well where you got that swell article), and much social media both print and Internet is in the tank for Obama.

And yes FOX News and much of talk radio is obviously pro Romney.

So save the snide remarks about FOX news you’re about 10 years too late. Everyone knows where each of the media falls and you add nothing to the discussion with these stupid comments. [/quote]

“We’re not going to let our campaign be dictated by fact-checkers,” said Neil Newhouse, a Romney pollster

[quote]sufiandy wrote:

[quote]groo wrote:

[quote]CSEagles1694 wrote:
We’ll see how it goes. I’m sure they’ll find some way to fuck it up. The republicans always do.

CS[/quote]

And this delightful bit

[/quote]

Obviously those sources are untrusted since the address does not contain foxnews.com[/quote]

Well I’m not voting Republican now. I’m glad you posted this. Saves me a ton of time. I don’t even need to listen to what the candidates say or look at their records now.

GO OBAMA!!

[quote]groo wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]sufiandy wrote:

[quote]groo wrote:

[quote]CSEagles1694 wrote:
We’ll see how it goes. I’m sure they’ll find some way to fuck it up. The republicans always do.

CS[/quote]

And this delightful bit

[/quote]

Obviously those sources are untrusted since the address does not contain foxnews.com[/quote]

Like you’re saying something original?

We all know that there is no fair media anymore. I actually tried to find it and I’ve not been able.

One of the talking heads on MSNBC said about Ann Romney’s speech, “It was awful she didn’t help her husband a bit…” I would have been surprised if I was listening to a fair media source (which I cannot find). But as we all know MSNBC, CBS, NBC, ABC, The New York Times, Time Magazine (And Harpers as well where you got that swell article), and much social media both print and Internet is in the tank for Obama.

And yes FOX News and much of talk radio is obviously pro Romney.

So save the snide remarks about FOX news you’re about 10 years too late. Everyone knows where each of the media falls and you add nothing to the discussion with these stupid comments. [/quote]
“We’re not going to let our campaign be dictated by fact-checkers,” said Neil Newhouse, a Romney pollster [/quote]

Gee…maybe someone should fact check if Romney is a murderer.

While your checking facts check how many TV spots that Obama has run touting his incredible record as President as opposed to how many he’s run lying about Romney as a person. How many ad runs touting Obamacare? ZIP! How many talking about the stimulus package? (that failed) ZIP!

He’s so successful but he just can’t seem to talk about anything that he’s done that has helped the country move forward economically.

Odd huh?

So…Obama slimes on with his Chicago style smear machine.

Run along now and go fact check how many positive record touting commercial messages that Obama and company have run compared to slime balls thrown.

I’m waiting.

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]groo wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]sufiandy wrote:

[quote]groo wrote:

[quote]CSEagles1694 wrote:
We’ll see how it goes. I’m sure they’ll find some way to fuck it up. The republicans always do.

CS[/quote]

And this delightful bit

[/quote]

Obviously those sources are untrusted since the address does not contain foxnews.com[/quote]

Like you’re saying something original?

We all know that there is no fair media anymore. I actually tried to find it and I’ve not been able.

One of the talking heads on MSNBC said about Ann Romney’s speech, “It was awful she didn’t help her husband a bit…” I would have been surprised if I was listening to a fair media source (which I cannot find). But as we all know MSNBC, CBS, NBC, ABC, The New York Times, Time Magazine (And Harpers as well where you got that swell article), and much social media both print and Internet is in the tank for Obama.

And yes FOX News and much of talk radio is obviously pro Romney.

So save the snide remarks about FOX news you’re about 10 years too late. Everyone knows where each of the media falls and you add nothing to the discussion with these stupid comments. [/quote]
“We’re not going to let our campaign be dictated by fact-checkers,” said Neil Newhouse, a Romney pollster [/quote]

Gee…maybe someone should fact check if Romney is a murderer.

While your checking facts check how many TV spots that Obama has run touting his incredible record as President as opposed to how many he’s run lying about Romney as a person. How many ad runs touting Obamacare? ZIP! How many talking about the stimulus package? (that failed) ZIP!

He’s so successful but he just can’t seem to talk about anything that he’s done that has helped the country move forward economically.

Odd huh?

So…Obama slimes on with his Chicago style smear machine.

Run along now and go fact check how many positive record touting commercial messages that Obama and company have run compared to slime balls thrown.

I’m waiting.[/quote]
http://www.npr.org/blogs/itsallpolitics/2012/08/22/159791065/despite-fact-checks-romney-escalates-welfare-work-requirement-charge

It ever get confusing in the echo chamber?

I think they all lie. Its rare they say they don’t even care that they lie when they are caught. Its telling the public doesn’t give a shit.

We’ve reached a point where many don’t care if their chosen reps lie or even represent them at all.

Zeb its ok you’re(this is how you spell it! :)) racist. Just be self aware. Facts don’t matter remember.