5 Sets , 25 / 12 / 10 / 10 / 8

Cable Ab Crunch
5 Sets , 30 / 20 / 15 / 10 / 10

Hanging Leg Raise
4 Sets , 15 / 12 / 10 / 10

Roman Chair Sit Ups
4 Sets , 25 / 15 / 10 / 10
Total Gym Session Time 90 Mins

Calories aren’t enough, upping from 3000 to 3500 on Monday. Wrist still a bit tender, lucky enough I have another recovery day tomorrow, then legs on Sunday, that should give it time to repair by Monday. Nothing else to report. Off now to get some food and watch Vikings.

2 Likes

I’ve tried to get into that show a couple of times. I just like the battle scenes but the storyline while good is not my thing.

I don’t normally like any series type stuff, but me and the missus started watching it. I love it @losthog, its awesome. Most history stuff that involves swords and axes, proper going at it up close and personal I like. That was real war …nowadays they just drop a load of bombs, or shoot you from a mile away, no fun in that haha

1 Like

Where’s the weight man I wanna compare myself to fellow manlets

1 Like

I’m no powerlifter, or strongman @guineapig. The injuries over the years limit my training, no squats or deadlifts, which sucks. There not much point recording weight for wrist curls, or lat raises. I’m more into bodybuilding, which doesn’t require a ton of weight. I try to focus more on form and squeezes, with a lot of higher rep stuff to get that pumped feeling. I’d go as low as 8 reps with my heaviest weight, but that’s not anything to boast over looking at some of the weight guys throw around here lol. My PRs the past has been 100kg bench, 160kg deadlift, 140kg squat, again I’ve never done pure strength training before. Once my calories start dropping entering cut mode my strength goes to shit. This log more just to track my progress from fatty to ripped ( hopefully )

2 Likes

Fair enough. You do have a decade and a half on me. I’m going for longevity myself in a lot of ways and have been good so far only minor niggles.

1 Like

That is the best idea, train smart. I wished I had of listened to that advice many years ago. I do envy some peoples strength, there’s a guy in my gym looks like - hey do you even lift bro type… and he’s repping 180kg squats ass to mat, it amazes me cause he looks about 10 stone lol

Day 5
Recovery day

Food Log

9.am - 100g Oats , 200g Egg White , 100g Yogurt , Scoop Protein, Tablespoon Peanut Butter. ( All blended into a shake ) ( Pre workout Meal )

12.pm - 50g Coco Pops , Scoop protein , Banana , 50g Fruit Jellies ( Post workout )

3.pm - Mackerel Fillet , 125g Basmati Rice , Veg

6.pm - 100g low fat chips , 3 Turkey Sausages , Veg

9.pm - 200g White Potato, 150g Chicken , Veg

12.am - Flapjack ( 500 calories )

Total 3000 Calories - 185g Protein - 335g Carbs - 90g Fats

Struggled with this, needs increased 3500 for Monday. This is a more relaxed diet to slip into the groove, will start swapping things out further along. I used to use a lot of Vitargo pre and post workout, but my guts hate it, so opted not to use it this run. Got in 60 min walk with dog.

2 Likes

Day 6
Quads , Hamstrings , Calves

Leg Press
6 Sets , 25 / 15 / 12 / 10 / 8 / 8

Lying Leg Curl
5 Sets , 20 / 15 / 12 / 10 / 8

Leg Extension
6 Sets , 25 / 15 / 12 / 10 / 8 / 8

Standing Calf Raises
5 Sets , 30 / 20 / 15 / 12 / 12

Seated Calf Raises
5 Sets , 30 / 20 / 15 / 12 / 12
Total Gym Session Time 70 Mins

Short and sweet today… Headphones on, music blasting… It actually pains me badly not being able to squat or DL. I’ve just got to make do with what I can unfortunately. Was feeling a touch of pain in my lower back on the leg press, but kept at it anyway, seemed to loosen up. Feels good tonight so overall can’t complain.

2 Likes

Is it ur back that’s fucked?

Lower back @guineapig. I was trying to keep up with a gym buddy who had 4 stone on me. Felt a sharp pain upon DL and had to cut the session short. The pain actually died down that day, but the next morning I couldn’t get up. 4 month gym absence and a lot of rehab. The doctor mentioned surgery, but at my age I declined as he said there’s a possibility of it not succeeding. It’s something I will consider a bit later in life. For now I just have to work around it.

2 Likes

Bit unlucky bro. At least you’re functional day to day if not full beast mode in the gym

2 Likes

Well this is it bro. Could be worse off

1 Like

Day 7
Chest , Abs

Bench Press
4 Sets , 20 / 12 / 10 / 8

Incline Bench Press
5 Sets , 20 / 12 / 10 / 8 / 8

Cable Fly’s ( Top , Middle , Bottom )
3 Sets each , 15 / 12 / 10

Pec Deck
4 Sets , 15 / 12 / 10 / 10

Ab Crunch
4 Sets , 25 / 20 / 15 / 15

Lying Leg Raise
3 Sets , 15 / 10 / 10

Roman Chair Sit Ups
4 Sets , 25 / 20 / 15 / 12
Total Gym Session Time 80 Mins

That’s all my workouts listed. I will copy the same workouts for the first 4 weeks, then make some adjustments. Struggling badly with sleep, keep waking a lot during the night. Any recommendation on this? This has been a problem last few years. Feeling good otherwise. Weight around the same 175lbs, calories up by 500 starting today.

1 Like

Skunk. Lots of😂

Seriously man, just get a routine going…

I was a chronic dope smoker and managed to get sleep when I gave it up so if I could do it…

I watch YouTube with one ear phone in, usually some boring videos of folk talking shit…

1 Like

Haha, I love a wee toke at nights. I find it helps a lot with recovery and inflammation, and it used to be my go to for sleep. This has been my ritual for many years, though I don’t bother during the day, just a couple at nights to relax me.

Did you find it easier @ChongLordUno when you give it up?

I’ve tried most OTC sleep stuff, plus some prescription from the doc. They put me to sleep but doesn’t keep me asleep, still up about 5 times during night.

1 Like

Sorry mate just seen this!

Giving it up was fairly easy bar the disrupted sleep.

I still have an urge now and again however I think about the palava it would cause with the missus and financial hit.

That soon puts the urges to bed :joy:

1 Like

The money bill isn’t long in adding up, its a dear hobby. I don’t think I could completely give it up lol. I’d find things too boring. It definitely makes things like watching movies or playing the guitar a lot better, puts you in the zone

That’s the mindset that kept me hooked mate.

‘I’m watching a movie, need to be stoned for this shit’

‘New computer game, need to get vaped’

When the reality for me is that it doesn’t enhance anything. In fact I would argue that if the activity needs ‘enhancement’ then is it actually worth pursuing?

In the end, it was making me feel dopey.

The cash that I was spending on ganj now gets invested so hopefully I can retire early.

Sorry if that sounds like preaching mate. I was smoking that shit for 25 years man😂

1 Like

Know it all too well :joy:
I’m only a 3 puffs at night kinda guy. I use it for recovery and the relaxing quality it brings. It’s good for inflammation and anxiety. Not a fan of prescription drugs, I hate even taking ibuprofen.