5 foot 11 inches
40 - age
What’s up guys. I am at least a year out from what would be my first cycle (standard 500mg/wk test only w/ AI, HCG, and PCT) – based on the conventional wisdom that I should first reach my genetic potential before even considering a cycle. My mission during this time period is to educate myself on all aspects of risk/reward so that I can make an informed decision and fully understand what I’m getting myself into.
My question relates to hair loss on a Test Only cycle. Here are the consensus facts that I have gathered by reading many posts on the topic (feel free to correct me if wrong):
• Some lose hair on a cycle, some do not – test cycles, though not as bad as some steroids, do carry this risk
• Those who do experience hair loss from a cycle tend to be individual who are prone to male pattern baldness from genetic factors – the test only accelerates the hair loss that inevitably would have occurred during aging
• Finasteride or Dutasteride are options to take to combat hair loss on cycle, but most agree that the risk of serious, long lasting side effects is too great (risk outweighs reward)
See attached photos – I just turned 40, and have essentially experienced little to no hair loss. However, I have four older brothers; one bald, one almost bald, one with moderate thinning, one with no hair loss, dad has no hair loss. My genetics seem to be a mixed bag.
Here are my questions / concerns:
• Does my combination of age and lack of existing hair loss put me in the very low risk category should I choose to run the cycle?
• Has anyone experienced or observed accelerated hair loss in 40+ aged men as the result of a test cycle who are NOT prone to MPB?
• Any other thoughts, experiences, or considerations?
Thanks very much!