Rising PSA and TRT

[quote]KSman wrote:
What does this mean? “small amounts of Anastrozole (50 to 75 mg per week in multiple doses”
Is that 0.5 - 0.75 mg per week or .5 - .7 ml of a 1mg/ml solution?

All of those E2 levels are way to low. E2 is essential for proper brain function. Those three E2 labs indicate that you are NOT been misguided by a botched lab. Suggest that you cut anastrozole dose by 50%[/quote]

KSman: typo, I meant 0.5 to 0.75. (I get .25mg capsules from my compounding pharmacy). I have not tried going to solutions or liquid. Ok, I will try the suggestion and test again in 3 to 4 weeks, still shooting for the 22 mark.

Thanks again for your time and help.

Nrreit52: you’re right about KSman knowing more than most Docs out there and testing is not the real problem, like you said you can find places to get the testing done it’s just going to cost a lot more. The real problem is that you still need a Dr to prescribe all the meds you need. As far as your E2 being so low it effects your joints, brain function etc so there is much more than whether it makes you feel bad. Good luck on getting yours in a good range.

KSman , interested to know how this turned out for you, having a similar problem trying to work out with my Arimadex dosage. What once worked well began driving my e2 too low. I was at 1 mg per week with e2 in the 20 to 25 area, then suddenly it began dropping all the way down to single digits. I am currently trying much smaller dosage to see where it lands. Just wondering how yours worked out in the end.

My E2 levels are not quite settled. I do use less these days. Sorry that I do not have a definitive response! ;}

I have had a similar issue just this past week.
Following 3 weeks off T injections (40MG E3D SubQ), off because I was hospitalized the same week I was due back for blood tests and Rx renewal…
I had a blood panel this past week and had a PSA of 9.1, T of 178. Earlier the morning of the blood draw I did have sex with my wife, which may have raised PSA, but we have no baseline other than that first 9.1.

In light of the PSA #, today my Endo doc said he wanted to stop the TRT altogether until I had a follow-up with a urologist. I am now convinced my Endo is completely out of touch, as he again refused to add an E2 test to the panel, and refused to address the balance of HRT instead of just saying “we can try TRT if the urologist says it’s okay.”

I’ve been on TRT since May of this year and was doing pretty well, but this Endo is willfully ignorant of the Trifecta, and convinced me today that I need to find a naturopath. Luckily I have one I have been talking to, but insurance won’t cover until after I my deductible (which I am about to, thanks to the hospital trip).

KSMan, just wanting to follow up with you on where we last left off on this thread.

PSA; since I Stopped DHEA all together for a few months, my PSA levels began to drop nicely. So, a few months later, I started back on DHEA in a modulating fashion (now taking .25 SR EOD) to see what would happen. Well, my PSA levels have continued to drop and the free psa % has continued to rise. I just received back my results which stood at 2.0 and 35% respectively. On the days I dose, my DHEA Morning Level after dosing goes up to around 350 on a scale of 48.9 to 344.2. On the off dosing days, my morning level sits at around 149 on the same scale. (Lab Corp).

Anastrozole: Been working on dialing in my E2. For some reason my body has began needing less and less. I have been on .25 Twice a week for the last two months. with that dosing, on the day after a dose, my number drops low to around 12 on a scale of 7.6-42.6 pg/mL and by the end next dosing day, prior to dosing it comes up to around 19 using the same scale from Lab Corp. So, my guess is I need to drop my dose to even a lesser amount. When I tried just one doze per week at .25, I wound up with 30.8 at the end of the week. So, i know I need more than .25 per week, but less than .50 per week.

Questions for you:

1. Do you feel that my DHEA levels fluctuating day to day (350 to 150 about) is ok, or should I try going back to a smaller dose on a daily basis?

2. on the Anastrozole, I am fixing to go to .10 EOD Dosing. Do you have any thoughts on that?

BTW. During all this, I have kept up with my Test and HCG as recommended in your sticky for new guys on a eod bases and all my numbers are right at the upper edge with the Free Test running a little over. I also am doing the same as your routine with HGH; 7iu per week which puts my a little over 200 on a 49-188 ng/mL scale. My DHT runs 80 to 100 on a scale of <85, SHBG at last count was 23.4 on a scale of 19.3-76.4 nmol/L. Lab Corp

Over all , feeling great, good libido, strong drive.

Thanks for any input

Both concerns are really about half life.

Anastrozole is absorbed very well and its effects on T–>E2 aromatization happen quickly. E2 levels then balance out with less production and clearance rates. If you want to have smoother E2 levels you will need to dose EOD. That should not be a difficult routine, but you will need to dose a liquid solution to do that.

Many do not absorb DHEA well, you do. DHEA has a short half life as it gets converted to DHEA-S. When you take a dose of DHEA, serum levels will change a lot, but DHEA-S levels are steadier and that is what counts most. Perhaps in some, the surge of DHEA from a supplement dose can create some issues- but that is speculation.

Do not test DHEA, test DHEA-S.

How long taking HGH and how many weeks before you could identify changes?

Ksman:

1. DHEA; My posted results are DHEA-S.
  2. HGH; Started to notice changes about 3 months after initially starting: harder erections, faster recovery from workouts, longer stamina during workouts, deeper sleep and a lot of little things. I had been on HRT for a number of years when my IGF-1 levels hit below normal numbers and I began adding the GH. It was kind of like putting the icing on the cake. Also, I now notice recovery from injuries is a speedier process.
  3. Arimidex: not familiar with liquid. I have read that there are lab solutions not for human consumption, but have no idea if they are safe or legal or even where to go to get them. Basically no idea where to start. Can I get any pointers?

Thanks

You can dissolve anastrozole pills in vodka, 1mg/ml, count the resultant drops per ml and dispense by the drop. The research chemical products work well. Some are forced by their doctors to self medicate.

Ksman:

My adjustment to .10 eod on the anastrolze seems to have hit the spot. My last lab showed my e2 at a nice 22 on my off dosing day

My adjustment to 10 mg on Dhea daily has resulted in lab result of 243 on my Dhea-s, lab taken about 2 hours after dosing. Scale 48 to 344, labcorp.

Questions:

1. Over a period of a few years my body has gone from needing 1mg per week of anastrolze to .35 to keep my e2 in that 20 to 30 range. My Test and HCG use have remained the same (100 mg test-e weekly in eod doses sq and 250iu HCG same times and method), also mt test labs have remaind pretty constant. What is my body doing?

2. I am at 7iu per week on HGH, daily doses omnitrope. Last we talked, I believe you were on the same routine. Are u still the same and are you getting good results? You can see my IGF-1 lab is on the high side a couple of posts back.

3. Your thoughts on my dhea-s and IGF-1 levels, any adjustment recommendation ?

Your IGF-1 of 200 was decent. That was SC or IM.? [IM might be more effective, try before next labs and see]

My anastrozole demand has gone down and my doc indicates that he sees this now and then. This implies that anastrozole reduces aromatase over time or the high levels of T from TRT do that. No hard answers. E2 management is a cycle of labs and any needed course corrections and that should manage things in any case.

Could GH reduce anastrozole demand?

I am taking a break from GH now. Mostly needle fatigue I guess. Felt low for while but recent labs show that my own GH production picked again. IGF-1 is now higher than my pre-GH baseline. Still not where one would like to be.

Ksman;

I think I will stay as is on my GH amount and sq method; my latest was at 205. It’s pretty steady and am feeling good. My pre HG supplementation levels were below lab ranges and I don’t want to go back there again, Question; I load my HCG, then pull the GH in the same sq syringe. So one shot. Do you see any problem there?

Could GH reduce anastrozole demand? Might be the case, the only way I would know would be to drop off the GH. Did you notice any changes when you did?

Many co-inject hGH+hCG and get good labs. But many do not inject hCG every day, so its a mixed bag.

My E2 was a lot higher on my lab without hCG injections. A pattern? - unknown.

KSman;

Recently one our members posted that he got his best results with labido by fluctuating his E2 levels between 15 and 30. I recently have been able zero in my E2 to around 22 using an EOD dosing, my thought was to keep the levels as constant and smooth as possible.

However, I have to say that my Labido was stronger when I was doing a once a week dose where my level would fluctuate from about 12-15 one to two days after dose up to around 30 by the end of the week. Is there anything to this?

Thanks

Some others haver reported that but many report weekly crashes. Try back and forth and see where you want to land.

KSman:

In the recent past I have been able to dial my E2 in pretty good on an eod dosing schedule. My Test levels have always been good in the past on the 100 mg Test-E EOD SQ dosing. Usually around the 1100 total area with the Free T being in the 25 to 35 area. BTW, these are all labcorp numbers. However, on my last labs, my Free T ran >50 (that was all it said), total T was 1126. Never had that high of numbers before. Could this be a lab problem or is there somewhere else I should look for adjustments. My DHEA was 280 My IGF-1 was 226 my E2 was 32 (a little higher than it has been). Whats going on with the high Free T?. Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Not sure. A second high reading would be definitive.

Lower E2 depresses SHBG
Higher FT [bio-T] depresses SHBG
Lower SHBG leads to more FT, leads to more SHBG

So there are some cascade effects before you reach steady state and the time frame for all of that is unknown.

Others have reported higher libido injecting once a week, others report crashing. If you inject once a week, your T levels will change a lot and then your anastrozole dose will not be balanced to your T levels.

KSman:

Recently been hitting the wall during workouts (running out of steam, for last month or so). I am mostly cardio oriented, but get in lots of strength training too, usually burn 1000 to 1500 calories per session 5 or 6 days per week. Been doing this a long time, so I can tell when something changes. Ran some blood work, suspecting thyroid maybe iron issues. How do these numbers look to you;

Tsh; 1.68 (scale .450 to 4.5)
Ft3; 3.1 ( scale 2.0 to 4.4)
Ft4: 1.39 (scale .82 to 1.77)
Ferritin serum; 171 (scale 30 to 400)
Iron serum; 87 (scale 40 to 155)

All the other blood work was good, nothing I could spot; Test, e2 dhea, igf1, all pretty optimal, liver & kidney functions very good.

Btw, above from labcorp, morning temps run int the mid 97 degree range, 62 years old, been on hrt since About 2008, been doing same workout routines including long distance running for a long time. No aches or pains which are the normal signs if I am over doing it.

Any ideas?, thanks in advance for any advice or thoughts.

Are you hitting 98.6 mid-afternoon?

Any change re iodized salt intake? I can’t see any problems with the labs that you posted, but TSH could be lower. If body temps are low and rT3 is optimal, one can consider rT3. Any illnesses or events that could stress the adrenals? Intense exercise can be defeating.

Have you been taking vit-D3 and/or getting skin sun exposure?

How has your mental energy and clarity been VS time line of changes to physical stamina.

Any new medications? Any tick bites?

What happened to this guy??? This whole story has me on the edge of my seat damn it.