The Danish Viking: back to 531: Road to 2-3-4 Plates

Or not to be able to sit on the toilet :wink:

2 Likes

That shit is the worst (literally)

3 Likes

Hahaha well in retrospect I do sometimes have soreness and that is after heavy multi reps squats or bulgarian split squats. So the stairs and toilet adventures I can relate to.
But for my upperbody that is a bit rare. I do have a bit of pain in the lower back, but I think it has nothing to do with doms.

Woke at 82 kg - 180,8 lbs
Not as bad as expected.
Will try again today konfirmation party for a friends boy.
Let’s see tomorrow.

2 Likes

I mainly get doms in my chest for upper body, almost never in tris or bis. I wonder if that means I’m not lifting heavy enough?

1 Like

Woke at 82,2 kg - 181,2 lbs
100 grams from tying a PR weight.
A bit of damage control today and then off to another konfirmation party sunday.

Or just not enough volume need to up the curls !! Lol

2 Likes

Probably… Just kidding. But you can up the intensity. Try 5 second eccentrics and then hold a stretch (or isometric hold if you can’t achieve a stretch) as long as you can tolerate the pain. That’ll do the trick. I also like drop sets and partials like the old 21’s rep scheme but I’ll do 8’s or 10’s instead of 7’s.

2 Likes

Today’s training

Rise of the Viking 5/3/1
C3W3D4

Warmup: jump rope, agile 8, yogastuff, stretches, band work.

Powerclean to pushpress
3 x 42,5, 47,5, 52,5 kg, 57,5 kg 2 x 62,5 kg

Deadlift Kroc program

Warmup
Conv DL + Sumo/squat stance

5 + 5 70 kg Double overhand
3 + 3 100 kg
3 + 3 115 kg
3 + 3 127,5 kg double overhand + hook grip
3 + 1 135 kg Hook + strap, tried to make at least 1 rep double overhand NO WAY.

Working sets

1 @ 142,5 kg 314 lbs Hook grip
1 @ 142,5 kg hook
1 @ 142,5 kg straps
1 @ 142,5 kg straps + belt
2 @ 142,5 kg mixed grip + belt Very strong could have done 5 or 6 at least.

10 @ 105 kg straps no belt for volume

Giant set of

Squat
6x2 @ 80 kg

Chins
6 x BW, 2,5 kg, 5 kg, 5 x 7,5 kg, 4 x 10 kg, 5 x 7,5 kg 3 x 5 kg, 6 x 2,5 kg, 7 x BW

DB incline bench press
5 x 11 @ 25 kg
Done in 1 hour 15 minutes.

Deadlift was good and strong today.
Squats were good.
Did a pr on Clean & press with 2 reps of 62,5 kg
Actually a good workout, next week will be deload’ish Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.
I’m thinking about doing 3 reps with my TM on OHP, squat and bench, something between high intense deload and pr with TM.

7 Likes

Awesome lifts @mortdk !!! That Viking strength program is paying dividends! Keep pushing the volume man.

1 Like

how are you finding hook grip?

It’s getting better, the same with straps.
But mixed is where I feel the strongest/tightest.
max reps for hook is 3 I guess.

1 Like

@BOTSLAYER is the one pushing hook grip around here but he admits it’s not the best for multiple reps.

2 Likes

I don’t know how these guys do hook for more than 3 reps. I did a few sets of 5 at lower weights and I hated it. I can see where it would be useful, but I’ll save it for singles of must use or fail. If I want to have the pleasure of having my thumbs ripped off I want to have the euphoria of a big lift afterward. Like rubbing icy hot in places…

3 Likes

Woke at 81,8 kg - 180,3 lbs
Beginning to hate the fat stored around my belly,
Wish at least some of the extras would transform into muscles.

2 Likes

Me too. It is the most stubborn part of the transformation and the quickest part to add back when mistakes are made. It is my nemesis as well as yours. Sometimes I dream of having surgery to remove it or try those cold fat blast treatments…does that mean I’m really a bodycomp guy that can’t control his eating habits ? Or just a weak power lifter?

1 Like

Ahhhh I finally made it :sweat_smile: good work in here my Danish friend!

1 Like

Usually the places that are the most stubborn are also the places that gain fat easily. Those places have a lot of alpha receptor fat (gained easily, lost slowly), beta receptor fat on the other hand is lost very easily and it’s a bit harder to gain. One thing you can do to help your upcoming diets is to eat more polyunsaturated fat in proportion to your other fat sources as it us easier to shed than saturated and monounsaturated fats. (All fat is not stored equal you know)

Alpha receptor fat is the body’s last hope and it’ll hold onto it very tightly, losing it all will require quite a bit of skill and willpower.

4 Likes

We are just some old vain guys, trying to be 21 again.

7 Likes

Hi there Irish, Welcome to the Viking log.
Nice to have you around :slight_smile:

1 Like