Rise Of The Slaya 2019- Next Strongman Comp prep and fixing my hip

Oh and some good news! I’ve applied for a Cert 3 in fitness and alot of it will be online but theres weekend seminars and workshops I’ll have to attend in perth. I’ll have an allocated online tutor as well. I’ll be doing about 6-8 hours of study a week and it should be completed in 8 months then I’ll move on to my cert 4. I’ll just have to take the train to the city from where i am which is about an hour to 2 hours on the train for the practical workshops.

Bad news is i just got an email back from ironmind and apparently two teenagers in australia certified. One when they were 17 and the other 19. I thought there was zero from my research but apparently not.

It doesn’t matter though, I’m still going to get certified.

6 Likes

Yeah, I’d be going depending on what med-schools I can get into.
Man that shit is competitive

Nope. I could get by but it’d be long days and not much of a life.

Your real world experience goes a long way for something like this. Apply for internships, volunteer, do whatever it takes to work under the best so you’ll have a good resume when it’s time to apply for this job. [quote=“duketheslaya, post:1200, topic:238440”]
I don’t want to get married for at least 15 years.I also don’t want kids until I’ve established my career and have a decent income.
[/quote]

When you find the one you’ll know…and you won’t want to wait any longer! As far as kids goes, that’s something you can plan in advance with her.

This wasn’t my plan but it’s where I ended up lol!

If there’s a demand for trainers and coaches then great! Career choices rely on demand.

1 Like

Thats the mindset!!!

1 Like

No way that guy is natty. Just look at his neck…

1 Like

Hahaha I was joking. He is definitely on something. I think he’s awesome though

1 Like

How did you end up?

Goodluck!

Police for 8 years now.

Sorry i worded it wrong. I meant becoming a police officer

It’s a decent career path mate.

1 Like

The short version is that it’s okay. I’m kind of tired of my current gig but hopefully I can find something else within the department in the next couple of years. We have different specialty units and I can always try to promote. The problem is overcoming my lack of seniority. I’ve only been here 5 years. We get points for our time on and it’s just tough to overcome that.

4 Likes

I’m guessing being a cop in the crowded USA would be vastly different to here in oz, especially over in WA where Perth is isolated and spread out, then thousands of k’s of nothing.

It varies by department here. I work in the biggest city in my state, but it’s nothing like a real big city. Our population is about 389,000 people. Our department is supposedly like 625 officers but it sure doesn’t feel like that.

If I worked in one of the small towns around here then I’d have a drastically different job.

1 Like

Would you prefer to work in a small town or do you like working in the city?

I’d probably get bored in a small town. Eventually I’d be forced to write tickets to the locals for minor traffic violations to generate revenue. That would suck.

1 Like

:frowning_with_open_mouth::frowning_with_open_mouth::frowning_with_open_mouth::frowning_with_open_mouth: definitely doesn’t sound enjoyable

Grip training
School holidays for two weeks. No MMA or sports.

Forearm stretches, couple sets of ten with the trainer

No.1 2×8

×5

3 Sets of negatives on the 2

Wringing out a towel repeatedly

Couple sets of hand bands

3 Likes

Meanwhile in Australia…

Im just wondering why you looked that up :joy::joy:

1 Like