Rise Of The Slaya 2019- Next Strongman Comp prep and fixing my hip

Hit a single at 85% or 90%. It works for me. Do minimal assistance and get out.

I’m neurologically driven to heavy weights and intensity. A deload week for me should be composed of variations of lifts (e.g snatch grip deads instead of regular deads) so i can not use as much weight (allow cns to recover) but allows me to stimulate the nervous system and train at a high intensity. I’m experimenting with a deload week with lighter weights but Higher reps/Bodybuilding rep ranges and intensity techniques to give my cns a break as well as still training hard.

The volume is still kept on the lower end because too much volume burns me out fast. Me just doing a single and basically leaving is a poor choice of deload- it leaves me sluggish, feeling like crap the whole week and the next week my cns is not primed at all. Basically i recover very fast from training (Physically, always have) but I get mentally fatigued quicker

Me too, but when I deload, I need a fucking deload.

I would tend to agree with bono and the angry one.
When you write something about 140 kg x 20 and saying death after it.
And ending the post with

It doesn’t appear as a deload, and maybe you don’t need a real deload right now.
But that is just me.

I like the deload that lets you work up to a very heavy single at something like 90% maybe 92% or 95% but that would be individual.
Then a bit of assistance.

But I hear you and that you don’t like to do that.
So try your way of deload and if you feel good and strong coming back everything is good.
BUT if you feel beat up in 2 weeks time or so, then reevaluate your deload. Check out Brian Alsruhes deload video.

You can still deload by working up to 75% and doing a few reps. My CNS needs frequency to stay primed. I think we’re similar based on how you described your previous failed deloads.

I think it’d be a good week to try variations like you mentioned but burying yourself with volume to which you aren’t accustomed doesn’t seem like a deload.

I understand that you’re experimenting and feel pretty good so run your program and see how it works. If you feel terrible next week then you’ll know this didn’t work.

I actually think The Daily Dose approach would be a good deload. Pick one or two exercises and go hit a few singles most days of the week. I wouldn’t do the same exercises every day but I’d probably hit everything at least twice.

Fatigue catches you real quick after a while

1 Like

Oh yeah. I’m doing more high-volume stuff than you are, but heavy weights are still heavy weights.

Well when you put it like that :joy:

I shall.

Man brian alsruhe has a video for everything!

It’s mostly machines and dumbells etc so if you compare that to doing Yoke or farmers with hundreds of kg or heavy squatting etc, I’m pretty sure it’s less taxing on the cns- enough so to deload. it is more volume than usual yes but not crazy amounts.

Well hopefully it does work. I think it will, My legs don’t really have much doms today (Fast recovery) so it’ll be fine i think.

That actually is a great idea! If this deload I’m doing currently doesn’t work that’ll be onnmy deload try list. I have lift variations like i stated before on the menu as well. Infact i could combine daily dose with Variations of the lift i normally do = Godly deload

1 Like

Indeed

Doing a 20 rep belt squat isn’t nearly as taxing as a regular squat but doing things that are new to your body tend to hurt (in the form of DOMS).

It’s good that you’re not crippled (wish I could say the same about my basketball exploits).

Haha i think basketball will cripple anyone! It’s intense

That’s true. Mainly the leg curls and leg press were things I don’t normally do. I alternate belt squats (yes high rep) with rdl’s each week. I know my volume threshold and yesterday i just did 4 exercises but brought the intensity. The volume really wasnt high.

Do you have a belt squat machine?

Yes. Honestly out of every machine the belt squat is superior 100%

1 Like

Jelly as

1 Like

Gimme all ur gains and will trade belt squat

Those things go for a couple of grand each… might give you calf gains then should be worth that much

Done :joy::joy:

Aight so you smuggle it out and I’ll hit up the local shady surgeon

1 Like

deload day 3
Just mucked around a bit here

Axle strict press with chains
Felt weird but good Worked up to 55kg ×3 pr pretty easy

seated dumbell press no lockout (continuous tension)
15kg’s ×10
17.5kg’s ×10
20kg’s ×10

25kg dumbells ×5 pr (few reps in the tank but it’s a deload so left it there)

20kg’s×5

Facepulls 2×15

Tomorrow session will be gunning for that 110kg Atlas stone and that’s it really. Got some solid tips from @strongmanbrett that I’ll be using (Squeezing the shit outta the stone, which i havent been doing) and I’m confident I’ll load it tomorrow.

3 Likes

Think i tweaked something in my hamstring on leg curls on Tuesday. It does not feel good right now. I’ve been foam rolling it and icing it so I’ll see how it goes but idk… i was focusing on trying to use my left hammie more on leg curls because its underdeveloped Compared to my right but i think i put too much load on it doing so.

1 Like