Rise Of The Slaya 2019- Next Strongman Comp prep and fixing my hip

I never cared for these kinds of belts. They don’t feel like wearing a belt at all.

So they are just a money grab?

Some people swear by them, but I just don’t get it. I am 5’9 with a short torso and I have no problem wearing 13mm thick 4" wide belt. I don’t know who these mythical short people are that need a small deadlifting belt because a 4" belt is too wide and 13mm is too thick, but I legitimately imagine that their issue is that they are too fat.

About the only thing I ever liked that belt for was log, since it didn’t pinch as bad as a leather belt. But I eventually just sacked up and used my Inzer and set some stupid heavy PRs. However, I also now have a permanent scar on my stomach from a super bad pinch.

Worth it.

2 Likes

I experienced the pinch on tuesday. I took my belt off after that set. Its nasty!

A belt designed for fat people lol

Depending on how much of a lunatic you are, leave the belt on next time and hit a clean immediately. Those pinches hurt like hell and can make you gunshy on the clean. If you condition yourself to still be able to hit a clean through the pain, it will mean it won’t mess you up if it happens in a competition.

2 Likes

Fatty

1 Like

Smart.

Alright.

:joy::joy::joy: it feels awesome. Id like to get to 90kg and hover there for a while.

1 Like

Never tried one of these, but like @T3hPwnisher said, you’ll eventually get used to the pinch when it comes to log/axle. Also always liked my inzer for deadlifts or used a belt on stones/front carry events, they’ve never been so heavy to the point that I need a belt.

What do you mean by you used a belt, but never needed a belt?

1 Like

My bad, didn’t pay attention to how I worded it, I’ve never needed a belt on stones or front carry events.

A belt would just be weird on stones and get in the way. Also i don’t like a belt for front carries either.

1 Like

Yesterday a mate (Wa’s strongest man u90kg two years in a row+ Arnolds competitor) messaged me and asked if I’d like some olympic lifting shoes. Got the stuff today and he gives me not only the olympic lifting/crossfit shoes (reebok lifters 2.0) , but a pair of knee sleeves, straps, trainers( will be goodfor carries) and some training clothes. Awesome! Top bloke.

10 Likes

Why’s the shit all pink

2 Likes

Awesome Duke, nice dude to give it away.

Never look a gift horse in the mouth… (but I wandered the same)

It’s red, bad camera lol

Agreed! Saves me alot of $$$

1 Like

Your lucky it fits. I don’t have any lifting mates who are manlets

:cry::cry::cry::cry: what about gym nemesis?