Rise Of The Slaya 2019- Next Strongman Comp prep and fixing my hip

I need to start squatting with tires to take advantage of that bounce!

That would be awesome too see.
I’ve been a bit busy so I might have missed this but it sounds like you are competing next year?

I think we might need more than some extra bounce to squat that weight lol but sure I could even unrack it

Just don’t die whilst doing so!

Yeah, competing next year! Squat and stones were definitely the best events to watch.

Yeah that shit is heavy

If you squat high bar, it tends to go poorly. Bar bounces right off the traps. Low bar seems to work better.

But no sumo :frowning:

1 Like

Strongman is pretty much lift it however you want as long as theres no rule against it. Alot of great strongman have worked there way around things, with things getting banned after them doing it. Unless the rules of a comp say no sumo then just sumo dl lol

1 Like

Pretty sure you just got banned from all strongman comps in the Oceania region

Haha. I think sumo is banned because say you sumo deadlift an 18inch tire deadlift there would be even less rom

Todays training
What can i say… awesome training session. I’m all fired up from states and cant wait for my comp… lets gooooo. Left plenty in the tank and felt good. Have to resist the urge to add weight a lot of the time, but just got to trust the training process.

Daily deadlift
These were okay @mortdk i touched the ground :sunglasses: still need to slow it down a bit. However overthinling it, is what leads me to squat it down.
If i just think about putting it back on the ground by hinging my body does the rest. Neutral head position helps too

Log cleans EMOM 10 mins
3reps EMOM 60kg log. Recorded first set, i wasn’t agressive or explosive at all and it showed. After that set my sets were alot better and really light once i was explosive.
Only made it to 7 sets @T3hPwnisher can strive for ten then I’ll add weight. Sucks out your soul.:joy: also ditched belt and straps after set 4, got pissed off at them.

Axle strict press
Rest pause 50kg
3 reps, rack for 15 seconds then 1 more rep. 3 sets. Added one rep from last week, this was easy as hell. 50kg press is so light. Will continue adding reps then bump up weight next cycle to 55-60kg.
Also supersetted with towel pull-ups.

Hammer curls
3×5 15kg dumbells (strict, pr lol)
1×10 10kg

Facepulls 3×12

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqWyyZgFWHO/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=5bn8o90c2au9

4 Likes

If you mean putting deadlifts down i used to use the cue “pushing” the bar back down in a straight line.

These days I’m trying to do a lot of super slow lowering to make my back stronger because I always round

1 Like

If i lower it slow i tend to squat it down or fuck it up somehow, works alot better if I just lower it. Deadlifts is definitely the lift i hate the most.
(Besides back squat and bench)

This may sound weird but atlas stone, log, Carries etc all feel natural to me and gym lifts don’t. Doing a deadlift or squat or bench feels like something I’m not made to do.

1 Like

I know Deadlift is an event sometime for strongman I guess you don’t need to obsess over it like a powerlifter would much less squat and bench. These just build general strength so no worries

Besides no sumo it’s great that maximum cheating is allowed. Deadlift suit, Straps, hitching and the like are all allowed. I have no intention in using hitching or a suit for a while though. Need to get my form downpact and build a foundation first. Squat is an event in strongman but its rare unless its state or international/National competitions. Bench has alot of carryover but it isnt essential. Lets just say I’ll never do a powerlifting meet inhe foreseeablefuture. To boring for me. One day if i manage to get the powerlifts to a good level i might tho

That is not universal. In Germany for example a deadlift suit ia never allowed in national comps. It totally depends on the promoter/ show

Yeah i know. It is over here for state comps (competitions within the state or state finals). I don’t know about arnolds or ASA though

True

1 Like

awesome young duke :slight_smile:

Definitely my favourite pullup variation! Pullups should be a staple in any routine. Im the heaviest I’ve ever been but also the strongest at pullups.

Haha wait till you hit above 100 kg on the scale and it gets really nasty once and If you hit 120+ kg

1 Like

I bet😂