Rise Of The Slaya 2019- Next Strongman Comp prep and fixing my hip

Jokes are funny. There’s a certain line that shouldn’t be crossed though

1 Like

I know, I know.
Listen to Pwn, keep the head down, ignore the bastards, do as the pinguins smile and wave.

1 Like

That’s part of it. A lot of these kids are like third or fourth generation retard. It’s the poorest school in the city (the families that attend are poor, not the school). School is basically free for poor families but kids still choose to fail. They refuse to go to class and participate. They refuse to do their homework. They still graduate because the parents get to decide if they fail a grade or not.

The parents aren’t actually parents. They had sex and created babies but they haven’t been a parent a day in their life. These kids are on their own from day one. The parents mostly want to be left alone so the kids raise themselves. They’re way behind when they get to school but since no child fails they keep passing grade after grade. They never get the education they should.

Those people have kids and do the same thing so you get kids that are actually more ignorant than their parents (which is saying something). It’s sad. It’s 2018 and there are kids in high school who can’t read or write!

It’s bad parenting. It’s apathy. It’s ignorance. Take your pick.

2 Likes

If you do it twice a week you’ll be hanging with 70 kilos in ten weeks, and let me tell you, you’ll really feel it by then

Regarding this, try to be unresponsive. I remember being hot headed like you in elementary. No matter how badly I could beat up the guys picking on me it wouldn’t stop until I figured how to raise my position in the social circle by not being responsible to teasing and focusing on improving my social skills and status. Now note I said 've unresponsive, don’t isolate yourself. You want to be social and to be likable, not to be the weird guy who’s not really anybody’s friend.

Take care man

Been saying this for a bit as well. If you are fun to pick on, people will keep picking on you. If you’re not, you’ll still get your share of it, but you won’t be the focus of it.

As cathartic as it is to yell at people and cuss them out and challenge them to fights, you’re just giving them what they want: validation.

2 Likes

Ignoring doesn’t work… people just keep doing shit

If you ignore they just keep doing it. When they get beat up the dickheads fear you and leave you alone. At school if you dont stand up for yourself people think you’re a pussy so you get targeted even more.

I’ve ignored it repeatedly. You’re just supposed to allow people to disrespect you all the time?

Its going to be silly to setup as well. Luckily the dumbells go up to 80kg :joy:

I’ve always used plates
Granted, when you reach four plates it starts to get a bit snug if you don’t have a long-ass chain

Do you just tie the chain around you and loop it through the plates?

The chain is a part of the weight belt (dipping belt? I don’t know) we have at my gym. Every gym I’ve been into in Finland has one, but I haven’t seen them too often abroad.

Oh okay. Im pretty sure ive seen one in the gym somewhere. Hopefully it does

Having a belt sure makes it a while lot more comfortable to hang

Just cable tie them to your nuts Duke

Indeed. Getting a 80kg dumbell into place to hang with wouldn’t be pleasant

So thats how old people get saggy balls :joy:

1 Like

Exactly. The respect of stupid people isn’t worth having.

As you get older you have to put up with more shit to be a successful adult. I hear all kinds of stuff at work just because I’m wearing a uniform.

Punching bullies in the nose as an adult is a crime. It’s not like it used to be.

Thats true.

Why is the world so soft now. Whatever happened to giving people a taste of there own medicine and teaching them some respect with a fist or two

1 Like

It created tyrannies where might makes right.

Consider how you are an emancipated minor. Also consider how, 100 years ago, your parents would have just locked you in a closet and beat you until you “learned what was right”. And the state would have supported it.

Might no longer makes right so that the meek still have a voice.

1 Like

100 years ago they definitely took it to far,but even now any sort of discipline and its not allowed.
Growing up i knew not to mess around with my mum because i could expect a smack in the mouth.
Seriously teaches respect and most kids nowadays would not be such dicks if they got disciplined… thats how i view people disrespecting me as well. They’ll learn not to fuck with people and learn respect when they get there ass kicked.