Rise Of The Slaya 2019- Next Strongman Comp prep and fixing my hip

It’s basically just the bottom position of a seated barbell wrist curl (palms up)

I rest my forearms on my legs and don’t let the backs of my hands touch my shins. It’s pretty brutal when you start adding weight to the bar

Yeah that does sound pretty painful

1 Like

Grip training
Warmup with forearm stretches, hand bands, trainer and no.1

4 sets of negatives with the 2

Pinch grip holds 2×10 seconds with this bag full of concrete and like a small concrete rock on top which i pinch gripped

Hand bands x lots

3 Likes

Sounds ghetto as hell

1 Like

Haha yeah and hurt like a bitch too, pinch gripping feels like your fingers are getting jammed in a door

Only pinch grip training I do is carrying the bumper plates around the gym when loading my exercises, it’s actually a quite convenient way of getting some (pseudo) grip work in

2 Likes

Pinch gripping is cool. Strong thumbs have a lot of carry over to other grip stuff.

2 Likes

Grip training
Warmup with stretches,No.1 and Trainer

Attempt on 2 fail

Fail again

2 negatives

Hand bands × lots

https://www.instagram.com/p/BlhuOuOFT18/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=iy49w7fm268m

4 Likes

You’re close young Duke, that nr 2 is going down soon

Thanks mort! It was supposed to today but you get those bad days i guess.

1 Like

I can’t help but feel like these grippers would be much cooler if they wired up something so when they are properly closed celebratory music starts playing and lights start flashing.

Any one want to invest in a business start up…

Keep up the good work and I’m sure you will get it very soon. I brought a cheap grip trainer a while back but never really got into using it.

2 Likes

Only on the first time you ever close it, would be pretty annoying if you’re doing rep work and have to listen to it 30 times.

Thanks man!

So it now has to have 2 modes, first time and training. In training mode it counts reps and shouts encouragement! I can see myself selling this on QVC.

maybe one could attach an add on, like something thin in between the handles and when they close it will close an electric circuit connected to a device that communicates with the smartphone.

that is beast.

#2 feels immovable to me, lmao.

yup. pinch grip was my favorite.

i loved pinch gripping plates. best I got was two 25’s.

i’ve seen someone pinch grip two 35’s smooth side out, but never saw anyone come close to two 45’s.

griplife is awesome.

great post. :heart:

that is insane wtf.

Very innovative :joy:

Thanks man! It’s only 200lbs though. I was so close to closing it but I’m pretty sure anyone could close it if they trained.