Rise Of The Slaya 2019- Next Strongman Comp prep and fixing my hip

Forearm/Abs
6 pullups @simo74 next week i will be adding some more daily.

60 hanging leg raises total
1 minute plank
2×10 fat gripz curls 10kg Pr
15kg ×1
1×8
Lots of hand bands

4 Likes

NOT squatting is ALSO not going to get your squat to 300kilos.

But bodyweight squats will do a better job of getting you there than not squatting.

6 Likes

There’s all kinds of ways to make it more challenging. Tempo, single leg/pistol, hold something heavy off center, etc.

Get creative. It’s amazing what can be done with nothing.

And, with the whole wanting to be an adult thing. There’s pros and cons to both sides. HOWEVER, with what I know about you, you will be much happier in adulthood. Keep your chin up, it’s right around the corner. Before you know it it’s here and shit is real. Try to enjoy this phase, it’ll be gone and you WILL NOT be able to go back. Life is great. Enjoy all of it.

Peace!

1 Like

Hey young Duke
Really glad you had a great BJJ day, despite the shitty call.
You’re growing in your mental game, you were able to but it aside that’s really good.
6 pull ups: cool Mate.
Keep up the good work and good spirit.

1 Like

Life is a gift my friend. Sometimes it’s hard to recognise for me.

1 Like

Thanks mort. I tried not to let it affect me because stuff happens i guess.

1 Like

Hey Young Duke
Are you OK ?

1 Like

Im alright now

2 Likes

Glad to hear Mate.

1 Like

Thankyou

Went home for the week so no MMA but i plan on doing some conditioning, also i’m working on the farm doing some labour stuff which is good. Kinda needed a break from stuff and yeah.

School semester is over and theirs two weeks left this term. I did really well, i Got a B in maths and every other subject besides english which i think i just passed or failed by 1%. Their was a bit of mess up because my teacher left and a substitute came and work got lost between the teacher swap over so i dont know what’s going on there but that’s okay. Anyway step up from last year where i got C’s and D’s on everything.

7 Likes

Nice job on school!

1 Like

Well done Young Duke
Proud of you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Duke that is amazing, seriously to turn your grades around like that takes some real focus and hard work. Keep grinding young man and good things will follow.

1 Like

Thanks guys!

I’m liking the attitude and maturity you are displaying lately. Wether it be the boarding school, MMA or something else, I’m not sure, but it’s working for you. I can see that you are striving to be a little bit better everyday in all aspects of your life, and this is a habit that will pay off throughout your life. Good stuff mate.

2 Likes

Thanks man. It’s just about opening up to the experiences around you and learning from it, plus the only person that can change your future is yourself.

2 Likes

Conditioning
Worked 8-4 on the farm, got back and had a quick bite to eat befote training.

Also added 10kg of weights to my sandbag.

7 Rounds of
Sandbag carry max distance
Pullups max reps + Negatives
V ups AMRAP
Band pull aparts AMRAP

I left my fat gripz and No.1 gripper at the boarding but that’s okay. Also my new grippers haven’t come yet :triumph:. hopefully here by friday.
Also Sandbag broke lol.

About 40 seconds between rounds.

I can just put together another one. Sand, weight plates, Economix bag and cable ties.

After did some hand bands

11 Likes

Now that’s training, good work Duke.

Thanks simo! It was fun